teh nMMC

Forum for Skins, Maps, Configs etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

Ringu
joined the game

Post by Ringu »

I think Vermin has an idea, he was the one who let me know about the problem.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

hmm. first problem with cases was sludge1, because the .bsp is in uppercase. so when someone changes the map to sludge1, linux doesn't take it as the same one. i'm not sure, but i think that you should make all lower case, because ppl don't type rcon sv softmap MAP, but map. i think that the texture names are used in lower case, even if they're in upper in the .bsp. so yeah, change it to do only lowercase :)

i'm not sure about any of that, but whatever the reason, uppercase textures seem not to work, even if the mapfile refers to uppercase ones. :p
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

http://www.abo.fi/~cbjorkel/apps/BSPPack.zip

I fixed it now anyway... because clearly Linux doesn't look for the files using the same case as in the .bsp file, since at least my dose.bsp has uppercase texture references, and if Linux doesn't find them then, but does if the textures are lowercase, I guess this must be the right way then :)

The console will still output the "right" case, but if you check the .zip file, all files will be lowercase... let me know if this causes any other unforseen problems....

-NRG
Ringu
joined the game

Post by Ringu »

Great :) Btw, all the textures on my computer are lowercase, dunno why the bsp has uppercase references..
SpOt
joined the game

Post by SpOt »

excellent.
[GoD] SpOt.PrO!. GoD, mas que un clan, una familia.
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

I decided to make some demos of simplicity jumps, some are tough but most of them are really doable, some jumps you will never do, cause its not really handy.. but some others are really usefull.
Also added 2 or 3 really easy jumps, dont know why though :)

Some credits go to Stric for inventing some jumps and ive seen Flunx doing that first jump and ofcuz for making this excellent map.

Simplicity is still my favo map :rambo:

The demos can be found: http://johan.z0r.nl/maps/simplicityjump ... 5eJuaN.zip

p.s. After more than half an hour trying to do that jump of n0va, i gave up :x

(posting it here too, since i think more people will watch here than in the interview news item)
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

:attack:
^stric^
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

.zip file updated with 5 more jumps, 1 combo jump and one i really forgot, thanks for reminding Stric ;) That jump is really cool, just check it out.

Same url: http://johan.z0r.nl/maps/simplicityjump ... 5eJuaN.zip