Want a nice tool for browsing aq2 servers?

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Ok I just checked it out.. was very nice, I love the pop-up balloon telling me where the good guys are - one thing I did notice is: if your sort a server by frags, the order is wrong, it thinks 23 is less than 3, so it only looks at the first number when sorting..
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

I'll try again tomorrow and report it to you. Don't hurry, you can add that in next release with more bug fixes :wink:
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

Can`t add servers but adding friend works.
^stric^
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

n99 wrote:Ok I just checked it out.. was very nice, I love the pop-up balloon telling me where the good guys are - one thing I did notice is: if your sort a server by frags, the order is wrong, it thinks 23 is less than 3, so it only looks at the first number when sorting..
Thanks for the tip. It's been added to my to-do list :)

Hopefully I'll be able to nail down what bugs are left this week. (Although there's really no such thing as bugfree software :)).
Uncle- wrote:Can`t add servers but adding friend works.
Hmm. You have the same problem as AssKick3r. Any of you getting any error messages?
"fifan va lätt!"
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

AssKick3r, Uncle-.

It might be a problem with the default ANSI setting on your computers. I think I've got it fixed now.

I've updated the hotfix .zip file. Try and download, see if it fixes it.
"fifan va lätt!"
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

You the man, Span. Now it works!

One suggestion, could you add team scores? And if it is possible teamnames too? I've always wanted that but ASE only has team scores, which doesn't really help if you don't know who is in which team. That would be helpful in cw servers, of course.
Maybe teamname by everyone's name would be even better - it would work for publics too, not just cw ones.
NeoFight
found a way out

Post by NeoFight »

I get some strange .NET Framework error is it my comp or the program?
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

AssKick3r wrote:You the man, Span. Now it works!

One suggestion, could you add team scores? And if it is possible teamnames too? I've always wanted that but ASE only has team scores, which doesn't really help if you don't know who is in which team. That would be helpful in cw servers, of course.
Maybe teamname by everyone's name would be even better - it would work for publics too, not just cw ones.
Thanks mate :D

About your suggestion tho. The problem is that I only get teamscores in response from the server when I run a status query. Something like that would require server-side support :?

But there's one thing that I've been thinking a bit about tho, and that is to make an Aq2TV service, like the one CounterStrike has got. I doubt I'll ever get around to making something like that tho, it would require an awful lot of work and time. But it would've been a nice feature :)
NeoFight wrote:I get some strange .NET Framework error is it my comp or the program?
Did you install .NET framework 2.0? What does the error message say?
"fifan va lätt!"
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Oh, nevermind then.

About AQ2TV, there's already Q2TV tho I don't know if it works. Uncle and I have already tried it out and it didn't work. Maybe Uncle has some extra info for you.
I have client and server zips if you want them.
NeoFight
found a way out

Post by NeoFight »

Span wrote:
NeoFight wrote:I get some strange .NET Framework error is it my comp or the program?
Did you install .NET framework 2.0? What does the error message say?
Well... no I didnt knew it existed :? but I'll try tnx
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

AssKick3r wrote:Oh, nevermind then.

About AQ2TV, there's already Q2TV tho I don't know if it works. Uncle and I have already tried it out and it didn't work. Maybe Uncle has some extra info for you.
I have client and server zips if you want them.
Well, if there already's made such an app, I guess there's no point :?

But I appreciate any suggestions I get :)
NeoFight wrote:Well... no I didnt knew it existed but I'll try tnx
It's all linked from http://www.rriders.org/news.asp?page=details&id=149, follow those instructions :)
"fifan va lätt!"
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

Now it works great.

About that Q2TV thingy. There were two projects, one was Q2sp (which is proxy and you watched the player who had the server) and the Q2TV which never worked for me =) Would be great to have at least gamecast thingy with recording demo etc :< Like CODTV :)

Offtopic! O_o
^stric^
ghoulert
joined the game

Post by ghoulert »

nice shit man, gw
val0x
joined the game

Post by val0x »

Nice and handy tool. :hop:
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

I just have 2 things.

Do so you can these kind of character []{}>< =)( in the frind list. So i can just add my clan tag }i{ so i don't hafto add every verion of nick ppl have.

And make so if you sort after kills you see the one with most kills on top.
Now its like

Need a invisibal "0" infron of the when the kills are below 10, if i understood Hawk right =)
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405