The Best League or Cup

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Gen
was flattened

The Best League or Cup

Post by Gen »

I want to know what is the best Leage on europe of aq2, the game mod (teamplay, matchmode, time limit, round limit ) and tourney organitation.

I want to make the best leage of aq2 in Chile. :attack:
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

If you mean the league with the best teams, it's clash of the titans.

Hi!
.UncycleD
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by .UncycleD »

I take it that you mean the best organised league in europe. I would have to say that NAQL-short edition was very very good.

you can find info here:
http://www.clanbase.com/news_league.php?lid=1707
#4056 in z0r.nl
Gen
was flattened

Post by Gen »

thx
MadWolf
was flattened

Post by MadWolf »

All leagues suck!

Due to the fact that people tend to take it too serious and forget about the "having-fun-part". Always slow rounds and the only thing that there's any competition in is that which clan camps the most. Even talking about it here makes my blood boil, when I least expect it, I get these evil flashbacks from the cw smt vs kfl, in NAQL short edition. Where kfl got outcamped and my old mouse failed to do a succesfull landing when flying headfirst into the wall. That's why I don't recommend wireless mouses to anyone.

Another good example is NAQL short edition final, csu vs apr, 2 maps, score 15-13. Had to be the most booring cw I ever watched. The only thing that kept me awake was mccrees headshots.

Well, just felt like whineing. Nevertheless the NAQL did indeed work out fine. Compared to EAQL and the famous esl webpage.
MadWolf
taulutussi
blew up

Post by taulutussi »

MadWolf, z0mG. Aren't you taking aq2 too serious to smash your mouse because of a game... (not everyone does that u'know. Dunno about kfl dudes though) I think it's nice to play in leagues/tournaments, but I don't really spec other matches and I wouldn't know about their boring games...
Gotta knock a little harder...
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

taulutussi wrote:Aren't you taking aq2 too serious to smash your mouse because of a game... (not everyone does that u'know. Dunno about kfl dudes though)
KoteloNorsu has busted his quakegear some times, i think he said it's costed him around 400e or so.. some mouses, headphones etc, things get messy :D

i haven't been that keen about tournaments, but i'd agree that the naql short worked out pretty good, from an outsider's point of view.
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Of course NAQL was the most successful, they had set dates and their strict and precise rules made it good.
EAQL would have been like that too but ... Well, we know there are many causes for failure.

I actually think next leagues are going to be much better. Everyone is longing for leagues and want to be part of them.
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

yeah naql went fine, even though i forgott some dates and did other things than play aq2 B<
bail{UNi}
cheef
blew itself up

Post by cheef »

clash of titans is skandinavian stuff :P
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

no, clash of the titans isn't scandinavian. you're simply not good enough.