Assassin2 - [NEW MAP]

Forum for all new beta and released maps!

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

birdie wrote:Hmh...
Too big map for cw's, no doubt about that. (7v7 hl would be nice though ;)
Public... maybe.
not a chance... well it is if you need all your maps to be so small that you instantly know where the enemy is, but really, is it so bad that a map is so large that you actually need some tactics as well? I think this map has a perfect size, not so big that you won't find the other players, but not so small that you instantly do.
birdie wrote:There were many things that I did not liked in this map:

-Boring textures (Yea, this is the fashion, isn't it?)
-Basically the indoor areas are too campy
-The idea is not exactly the one that I like.
-probably the best textures I've seen on a city map. On top of that, they are very well themed, they really fit the map, and they fit well together...
-wouldn't know, but in my experience, that's what people want anyway. (SOME camp areas) Look at all the most played maps and you'll find some camping spots.
-idea - well, it's a city...
birdie wrote:But also there was something good:

-Brushwork, I didn't find a single bug so far, prob. you've spended a 'bit' time testing this :P
-r_speed, oh my god.
-Jumps
Now here we agree :P
birdie wrote:Overall 6/10
10/10 - if a map needs to be much better than this for a 10, my guess is that there will be no 10s :mrgreen:
birdie
tried to put the pin back in

Post by birdie »

WizardExt wrote: I haven't had the chance to try it out on a server with people. Just 1on1. But is it really too big? I think it just gives a lot of opportunities. Okey, there are some indoor areas which can be camped, but there are many ways to attack. But I haven't tried it on a loaded server yet. Looking forward! :) My wish would be to spectate or participate in a clanwar on this map.

Sad to hear you find the textures to be boring, since they took me quite some time to create. But we all have different taste.

I guess you will be really dissapointed in my next Assassin release then. :(
Well I didn't meant that the textures are bad, Just that main color (yeh the sky was good but still) was something terrible imo :)

And I'm still sure that this is way too big for clanwars, take a look of novadays games, even the god damn Cloud is just a one campingzone.

But don't take this personally, I like every map you'd made before assassin2 so I'm really looking forward to the next release :)

************************************\o/ \o/ mapping \o/\o/************************************
When the dove came..
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

I played a 4on4 on this map and it was alot of fun, and i didin't get the feeling that it was to big (19-5). But there a some lame clans that would camp this map, you all know who they are..

Ohh they don't camp they just play realy slow....haha...bs
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Ye that cw was alot of fun actually - got lost quite few times but still the rounds went fairly fast, if you get to know the routes I think you can handle the campers. People are stuck in their ways, and only want to play maps small enough so u can be on the other side on 'action!'.
HcPeura
was flattened
In-game Name: Memoria

Post by HcPeura »

oh man :hop: :hop: gotta try!
[e] Memoria #extacy