Lagg Problems

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Mutu
loses a vital chest organ

Lagg Problems

Post by Mutu »

Hi, when i'm playing on the Catch-Gamer servers, then i'm sometimes start to lagging for nothing. I don't downloading or be uploading from someone. I don't have any virus on my computer. What can the problem be? This is preferably to the norwegian ppl. I'm using Telenor, can it be something with theirs servers? One of my friend has the same problem, he is using Telenor too.
· Catch-Gamer.no AQ2admin
Stanny
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Stanny »

Yes, its the server, catch-gamer is very good sometimes, and it sucks sometimes..
King of kings!
Beavisss

Re: Lagg Problems

Post by Beavisss »

Mutu wrote:Hi, when i'm playing on the Catch-Gamer servers, then i'm sometimes start to lagging for nothing. I don't downloading or be uploading from someone. I don't have any virus on my computer. What can the problem be? This is preferably to the norwegian ppl. I'm using Telenor, can it be something with theirs servers? One of my friend has the same problem, he is using Telenor too.
I think its about providers. You can check netgraph, if u can see red lines there = u lag, if u cant see any lags there but u feel lags = server lags.

I have some problems with angras servers. It lags for me 18:00-1:00, but rest ppl can play there. weird, huh? :D
Serpent

Post by Serpent »

if it does exist on every server you should check your firewall...
Serpent
• Moderator of AQ2Suomi • 4Ðm!n ov AQ2 Liiga •
Mutu

Post by Mutu »

Beavisss wrote:
Mutu wrote:Hi, when i'm playing on the Catch-Gamer servers, then i'm sometimes start to lagging for nothing. I don't downloading or be uploading from someone. I don't have any virus on my computer. What can the problem be? This is preferably to the norwegian ppl. I'm using Telenor, can it be something with theirs servers? One of my friend has the same problem, he is using Telenor too.
I think its about providers. You can check netgraph, if u can see red lines there = u lag, if u cant see any lags there but u feel lags = server lags.

I have some problems with angras servers. It lags for me 18:00-1:00, but rest ppl can play there. weird, huh? :D
I always juse the netgraph when i'm playing, and the green line is very high, the ping is up to 225 and over, like Modem ping O_o
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

damn pl catch. my connection don't get along with catch.
Last edited by angra on Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
noVa
plummets to its death

Post by noVa »

Heh. I don't think its catchgamer that lags. I'm guessing Telenor or your own hardware does :)

As catchgamer has lines dedicated to gamehosting and probably the best low-latency connection Norway has to offer.
Beavisss

Post by Beavisss »

Mutu wrote: I always juse the netgraph when i'm playing, and the green line is very high, the ping is up to 225 and over, like Modem ping O_o
Contact me at irc. I'll try to find out where lag starts.
Mutu

Post by Mutu »

Beavisss wrote:
Mutu wrote: I always juse the netgraph when i'm playing, and the green line is very high, the ping is up to 225 and over, like Modem ping O_o
Contact me at irc. I'll try to find out where lag starts.
Heh, i have a problem with mIRC to. When i'm gonna join any server, Q-net, Undernet, then it stands: "* Channels locked in options dialog". I haven't been on mIRC since last year :/
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Beavis: are you sure that server lag wouldn't show up on the netgraph? From what I've gathered netgraph monitors packets, not the computer itself.

For example, if you get a package in the (regular) mail, it doesn't really matter if it takes a long time because you don't fetch it from the post office, or if the postoffice takes a long time of recieving the package, if you measure the time taken from the moment the sender sends the package until the time you recieve it, it will take equally long regardless.

CG is probably the best server I've played on outside finland. I ping just as good there as on some of the Finnish servers...
Rallu

Post by Rallu »

Just regular isp lag. Nothing worry about.

In other hand my connection. For last two months: http://action.marsmodule.com/misc/netgraphi.gif
This is image I'm going to send my isp with extremly long hate mail.

"Tätä jatkui vain noin tunnin verran" = this continued only about hour

Still it doesn't stop me from playing this freaking game. :)

-Rallu
Beavisss

Post by Beavisss »

NRGizeR wrote:Beavis: are you sure that server lag wouldn't show up on the netgraph? From what I've gathered netgraph monitors packets, not the computer itself.
Yes I am sure. If server lags, u cant play, you feel lag and u cant see it at netgraph, if u see red or high green lines - its your pc or isp.
DaNi
is legless

Post by DaNi »

Cool rallu.. those first 2 look like my internet 24/7 :)
Enjoy without expectations, then you will have no disappointment. Pain is temporary...pride is forever.

siete tutti dei gay figli di puttana
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Beavisss wrote:Yes I am sure. If server lags, u cant play, you feel lag and u cant see it at netgraph, if u see red or high green lines - its your pc or isp.
I, on the other hand, would state that server and/or connection lag (ISP fex) would turn up on the netgraph, but if you feel lag and it isn't represented on the graph, it would be the pc itself that is lagging (since this doesn't neccessarily have to do with the net connection it wouldn't always turn up here)...

Can we get R1CH in here to clarify :mrgreen: (he's my q2 tech guru :) )