Don't drink and post

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Don't drink and post

Post by n99 »

Well I decided to do a positive post when drunk some time, or sort of. Lately I've been acting a bit aggressively, arrogantly and annoying. I've just been under a lot of stress, and since I play a lot more clanwars now than that I used to I feel compelled to play 'serious', even on public servers.

Two days ago I was on DA main, got annoyed by one of the players, ignored him, he stole my frag and I immediatly shot him in the head. Very lame, and it says alot. Why do I CARE so much, I used to be able to play on publics, and even during clanwars, with a happy attitude even when trying my best.

So this post is both an apology for my behaviour and a reflection on the scene becoming more and more 'professional' - it shouldn't get out of hand, and I don't think it should be about WINNING with the biggest lead ever, all the fucking time. I don't mean that you should play hc slippers all of a sudden, but just reflect on your own behaviour, like I did, and see if you really enjoy the player you are today....
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
CorQ
is connecting

n99 for the win!

Post by CorQ »

Just think that u are SO right, if we wanna keep this game living, we have to stop thinking of which is the best clan and so on, just play for earning respect? Im not very active atm, but when i play i really feel its fun, but i remember those cw-days, especially in the last of my active days, lets just play for what we did in the beginning, for pure fun?
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Exactly, that doesn't mean u should fool around - of course you can try out your cool tactics and work on uber teamplay, but crushing smaller clans +20 on the fast maps (c2, cloud, tokyo, mesto, ap) that dominate this scene atm is just not needed and quite sad if u ask me...
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

true true... the game shouldn't be about winning the most... neither should we whine that much as we do. Really ruines the fun part..

Becouse if you really think about it... it's more fun to win +1 or even lose -1 tbh... then winning +20.
I love those close cws ... even if we win or lose, if we lose I'm not happy... but Im really looking forward to the rematch! :)

I was supose to write some more.. but im to tired :) gn
Last edited by nufan on Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
aka
tripped on its own grenade

Post by aka »

pissing off kids is the best thing about aq2 damnit
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

really Kenny? I think that even you like close, fair matches better than omg-I-must-prove-myself-and-crush-these-noobs...
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Re: Don't drink and post

Post by emu »

n99 wrote:Well I decided to do a positive post when drunk some time, or sort of. Lately I've been acting a bit aggressively, arrogantly and annoying. I've just been under a lot of stress, and since I play a lot more clanwars now than that I used to I feel compelled to play 'serious', even on public servers.

Two days ago I was on DA main, got annoyed by one of the players, ignored him, he stole my frag and I immediatly shot him in the head. Very lame, and it says alot. Why do I CARE so much, I used to be able to play on publics, and even during clanwars, with a happy attitude even when trying my best.

So this post is both an apology for my behaviour and a reflection on the scene becoming more and more 'professional' - it shouldn't get out of hand, and I don't think it should be about WINNING with the biggest lead ever, all the fucking time. I don't mean that you should play hc slippers all of a sudden, but just reflect on your own behaviour, like I did, and see if you really enjoy the player you are today....
pmsl. ur such a fucking tosser.
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Endy
sank like a rock

Post by Endy »

Haha... this is an interesting discussion indeed...

I must say that I agree partly, the game is suppose to be FUN, and on public server I don't give a damn at all... Sometimes on CWs though, even though I try not to care it's like impossible, I can play without expressing my feelings on the net, acting "calm" on the server, but at the same time go nuts in front of my comp =)

Ok so what was the point of this post... Well... hrm... arrr... well, I don't want the game to be so serious, but sometimes it just IS... :rambo:
You think I CARE about oHms law and the red*communists, the AC in my car or the mumbojumbo clutch-type grip, the perfect silent Avalanche that later made me to realize that I don't know anythINg.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

on publics i sometimes find it frustrating, that ppl steal every frag they have a chance on. m4 to 100%. i won't cut in, if i see a teammate having an easy time with someone, i'll rather cover him and seek for others.

on cw's, i just try to do my share of the thing, and it sucks when i just can't. i don't really care if i get every frag stolen, if teamplay works :)
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Endy
sank like a rock

Post by Endy »

imeiz wrote:on publics i sometimes find it frustrating, that ppl steal every frag they have a chance on. m4 to 100%. i won't cut in, if i see a teammate having an easy time with someone, i'll rather cover him and seek for others.
I actually find that comment weird... how often do you NOTICE if a teammate has an easy time with someone? a firefight is over in less then a second most likely, and during that time I have hard to believe that you can decide wether he is winning the fight or not, therefor helping or not... well... that's just my 2 cents B)
You think I CARE about oHms law and the red*communists, the AC in my car or the mumbojumbo clutch-type grip, the perfect silent Avalanche that later made me to realize that I don't know anythINg.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

hehe :) well, i was talking about publics only, on that. cw's it's everything for the team, ofc :) publics often have those 30sec pistol/whatever battles, and i hate when i'm interfered in middle of one :D
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

Endy wrote:
imeiz wrote:on publics i sometimes find it frustrating, that ppl steal every frag they have a chance on. m4 to 100%. i won't cut in, if i see a teammate having an easy time with someone, i'll rather cover him and seek for others.
I actually find that comment weird... how often do you NOTICE if a teammate has an easy time with someone? a firefight is over in less then a second most likely, and during that time I have hard to believe that you can decide wether he is winning the fight or not, therefor helping or not... well... that's just my 2 cents B)
When u see that ur sniper-mate shot somebody and that guy lost small part of his stomach, u can leave that guy alive and dont steal somebodys frag. Its possible :)
stiffy
sank like a rock

Post by stiffy »

nufan wrote:Becouse if you really think about it... it's more fun to win +1 or even lose -1 tbh... then winning +20.
I love those close cws t... even if we win or lose, if we lose I'm not happy... but Im really looking forward to the rematch! :)
Amen dude, amen! :-)
}i{ stiffy - http://i.aq2.net - #clan.illusion
Stanny
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Stanny »

Well I try, and I really mean TRY to play because it's fun, but some clans do EVERYTHING to win, so I find it very hard to play for its fun.
I can take a loss with ease, I dont care about winning or losing, but I care alot of the opponents, if they camp at our map, I will often start out with camping as a lameass at theirs.

So enjoy the friggin games and stop that "lets make every round 3 minutes on their map", and your opponents will certainly play vs you again.
And we'll all be alot happier
King of kings!
aka
tripped on its own grenade

Post by aka »

I dont know what you guys think but I can tell you that CARE aint obsessed to winning. If the other clan played better it's ok, we'll just have to play better next time.

And yes I like those ight games better than to whine...*next up on Ripleys*