Can't see weapons on enemy models

Forum for anything hard- or software related.

Moderator: Moderators

piti
is connecting

Can't see weapons on enemy models

Post by piti »

I don't know if this thread fits here... anyway: I can't see those f****ng weapon models on enemy players.

It should be like on this screen (player @ top left)
http://www.own-age.com/vids/images/4643 ... rne_04.jpg

But it looks like this for me:
http://www.nitschi.at/temp/2005-05-02_1 ... gle-00.jpg
:#:

What's wrong there? I've tried to replace some model and skin files for the weapons but I couldn't fix it.

Does anyone know what to change to fix this? Help would be appreciated! :)
piti wins
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

petit! :hop:

it has nothing to do with models, its just a command.. i had it too years ago and found it pretty annoying, after searching for months i found out that there was a command for.

Code: Select all

set cl_vwep "1"
That should be the correct one.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

you finally found ur way here!
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
piti
is connecting

Post by piti »

juano! den! :bday:

First of all thx for your fast reply - but it still doesn't work. You're right: it IS the correct command/setting (see http://www.onlinegamecommands.com/quake ... mmands.htm) but it won't work for me. FECK! I've even tried it with vid_restart, reconnect etc. The command is already in my autoexec.cfg as well.

See here:
http://www.nitschi.at/temp/2005-05-02_1 ... oud-01.jpg
(look @ cl_vwep value in console and look at the gay weapon models.. )

:#: :x :crazy:
piti wins
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

modified cyrus_i :#:

Sorry, dunno what it can be else.. maybe you miss the weapon models for the guns, in "3rd person view".
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

you're missing the models and maybe the skins for the weapons, so you see baseq2's weapons.
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
piti
is connecting

Post by piti »

Da^JuaN wrote:maybe you miss the weapon models for the guns, in "3rd person view".
Yes, I think this is the problem.. cause I see single pistols but no other weapons in enemy players hands.

Soo.. this brings us to the next question: where are those "3rd person view"-player models? I suppose they are in some .pak file in the /action directory. But where? :(
piti wins
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

piti wrote:Soo.. this brings us to the next question: where are those "3rd person view"-player models? I suppose they are in some .pak file in the /action directory. But where? :(
no, they're not there, because you don't see them :D marlporo.pp.fi/aq2 should has some weapon models, see if you can find something useable.

they should be in some pak in action, or straight in the folder models.
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
piti
is connecting

Post by piti »

imeiz wrote:no, they're not there, because you don't see them :D marlporo.pp.fi/aq2 should has some weapon models, see if you can find something useable.
LOL. Of course they are not "there" (in my aq2 folder) :D. Thx for the link, I'll try to download some of the models, maybe it works.

edit: MEEP MEEP! I know the problems solution! :)

The "3rd person view" weapon-models are in the directory of every single player-model. You will find files like w_m4.md2 or w_mp5.md2 in there. And I'm missing all .md2 files (except the one for MK23 pistol) for the "male" model (I can see the weapons in enemy players hands when they use the "terror" model for example).

The only problem is: even the player model package on http://marlporo.pp.fi/aq2/models_players.html does NOT contain the .md2 files for the "male" model. If I just copy the w_model files from "terror" to "male" it looks like shit, cause the player's holding the weapon in the wrong hand.

Would somebody be so nice and send me his w_*.md2 files for the "male" model?! :hop:

edit2:w00! Downloaded the Axion AQ2 standalone client, extracted the .md2 files from the "player/male" directory... et voíla: everything's fine now. Finally!
piti wins
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

petit wins! :rambo:
kaaos
blew itself up

Post by kaaos »

I love happy endings :wee:
THEIR WHITE FLAGS ARE NO MATCH FOR OUR MACHINEGUNS