AQ2 Download

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

PoinT3r
is connecting

AQ2 Download

Post by PoinT3r »

where can i download aq2??
noVa
plummets to its death

Post by noVa »

suds
melted

Post by suds »

i was gonna post here but i wont, im just here cause im bored at work

oh..look theres another 5 mins gone :)
Genesis
is connecting

Aq2

Post by Genesis »

I think we should get more skins etc.. Some nice new things 2 the aq2 had been nice... :sleep:
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

Ok, great thoughts.
A good discussion is like a miniskirt; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to pertain interest
//Splinter
Swamp
is connecting

Post by Swamp »

yeah
Sulfate
sank like a rock

Post by Sulfate »

those AQ2 installs, doenst have all textures...

all beginners who are downloading this, wont play cuz they dont got textures, and then its ugly..?! :<
Nobody Likes Us We Dont Care!
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

..because it's not legal to distribute copies of original q2's pak0. some maps use textures from that pak.
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

:oh:
How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at www.Tellsomeonewhocares.com
*bplease*
Endy
sank like a rock

Post by Endy »

In other words, sites like lahtela/quad-mapsite etc. might go down since they contain maps (with textures) that are not legal.....

Ok seriously, that is not likely to happen, is it? I also think there should be more textures included in the AQ2install...
You think I CARE about oHms law and the red*communists, the AC in my car or the mumbojumbo clutch-type grip, the perfect silent Avalanche that later made me to realize that I don't know anythINg.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

the reason Rallu doesn't include everything, is that the install would be hundreds of mb's. and he doesn't wish aq2install to contain anything illegal. ofc you can get your textures from your original q2? ;) i'm using install, but i still think that it would be better to get q2 from cd/other source and install action manually. not saying that the install is a bad thing, but what you do yourself is better than stuff done by someone else.
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

think i agree with you bouth there :tsk:
How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at www.Tellsomeonewhocares.com
*bplease*
blissard
tried to put the pin back in

Post by blissard »

good for you. now stop posting thrash.
hehehHEheheHheh GOGOGO Head shot !
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Endy wrote:In other words, sites like lahtela/quad-mapsite etc. might go down since they contain maps (with textures) that are not legal.....

Ok seriously, that is not likely to happen, is it? I also think there should be more textures included in the AQ2install...
The maps on lahtela doesn't contain illegal textures, that's just it, and in case you ment IF they would contain illegal textures, then no... ID probably wouldn't care that much (if they even found out) that the textures of a what, a 7 year old game (?), was redistributed. But it's the principle, why would lahtela, or any mapper do something illegal just because you don't have 1-5€ to buy an old copy of Q2?

There is also another way around this, the Q2 retexturing project, which I think is for Q2 evolution originally, tries to remake all the original q2 textures as 32-bit versions. You should be able to download all of these for free, and if you're using a 32-bit capable client, this would be a workaround...

-NRG
Rallu
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Rallu »

I guess I should make it clear enough in my site that install doesn't include original q2 textures :)

And indeed I won't add those textures because of legal issues. Once I got message that base.bsp wasn't freely distributable file so I deleted it from install. I have actually made some sort of next version of install (which was supposed to be released in FOC 2005), but I haven't had time for it :/

-Rallu