Aq2fragmovie

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabotage
plummets to its death

Aq2fragmovie

Post by Sabotage »

Well it is a unfinished Action Quake II movie, just wanted some tough`s about it?
It`s a "Frag" movie with some nice effects.

104 Megs

Lenght 2min 51sec a short movie O_o

Codec *.wmv

You can dowload it from here http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1CCL ... JF4JDFRYG2
How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at www.Tellsomeonewhocares.com
*bplease*
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

I'll upload it somewhere proper and give you the link when I'm done.

Opinions - shit effect after shit effect. It seems to me that you just wanted to try the different effects that the video editor had to offer, which is fine. But you can't use every single one if you want to release a serious movie. The action was difficult to see with these different 'video overlays' but without it, the action seemed fine, no jerkiness or anything. I must say that the original sniper crosshair is horrid, and makes me vomit inside my mouth everytime I see it. I didn't finish the movie. That's how much the effects annoyed me.
I don't give a shit.
Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

Yes, It is to much of the effects and changes alot i know. The original scoop is the best and will allways be after my opinion. I will start to reedit the movie and make it longer and not all does effects but the effects makes it kinda cool looking at.
How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at www.Tellsomeonewhocares.com
*bplease*
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Giving headaches is not very wise if you are going to add effects. But I think the same as Clown, a test.

I would take 90% of them off, the rest reduce its length to a half (meaning, only the important part of the clip) and to some, make them faster (like those zoom in's... so slow it's only good to give a bit tension or show a very good planned move; though, it's hard to have good tempo there, the music should do part of the job too).
And... I would have never downloaded it if I was warned that the clip contains 15 seconds of color bars. Useless. But if you insist on putting them, they should be at the beginning, with the audio tone (to share the standard with TV stations) and just a couple of seconds...

C.
Ne quid nimis.
Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

Doesn need to be in the start, but yes it is way to long time and i think i have answered you on the rest since you almost have the same opinion as Clown.

And thanks for what you recomended.
*bplease*
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

keep on working, will became nicer :D

psss, CUT color bars. ;)
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

He he.. Thnx :wink:
*bplease*
V34
tried to put the pin back in

Post by V34 »

Hehe i saw you on that suck age finish server. So i excited to see the movie (:
Eidt: Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.
stiffy
sank like a rock

Post by stiffy »

I agree almost totally with Clown, although I DID finish watching the movie. Just keep on working ;-)
}i{ stiffy - http://i.aq2.net - #clan.illusion
Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

V34 wrote:Hehe i saw you on that suck age finish server. So i excited to see the movie (:
Eidt: Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.

Hmm.. Yeah looks like it`s down now, i`ll find another server if not Clown comes up with something 2morrow.

Stiffy i will. :wink:
*bplease*
maGro
blew itself up

Post by maGro »

well, i think its quite good, especially if you are aware of the fact that its his first movie.. (is it?)

Yea, too many effects used... every 3rd or 4th effect is the limit imho.. no bad music tho.. and the font have to be edited ofc.

Still important to take care of:
-synch sound/music to vid! It changes a 3rdclassbackdoorproduction to a 1a hollywood actionthriller...

Go on, i see potential :)
Director of #E-Reality :: Sprayer of #koksnutten
MadWolf
was flattened

Post by MadWolf »

Well that link didn't work long
MadWolf
Chris
sank like a rock

Post by Chris »

someone could host it?
V34