Time - leaving the past - [NEW MAP]

Forum for all new beta and released maps!

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

R1CH wrote:This is what happens when you don't use different .bsp names for each revision :). Perhaps there is an old version in baseq2/maps, in a .pak file, who knows... then add on some servers running it and some not, some clients updated and some not, it gets very messy.
...and if he would have changed the mapname, half of the servers wouldn't have the new version, and then people would bitch about having to play an old version (that had its share of problems)... at least this way there will be more pressure on admins getting the new version. There simply is no good solution to map updates imo...
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

i am sorry for this. i should (now that i actually had some fresh coffe)released the map under Time2.bsp. If you think this is a better idea, i could do it. upload old version and new version. the servers that were fast uploading will probably be fast changing back and also uploading the new Time2. what do u think.
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

n99 wrote:Either ur trying to play it on boomtown or another server which doesnt have the new version yet OR, and I ahd this problem alot, something goes wrong with extracting/replacing. What u need to do is delete the original, or call it timebackup.bsp or something, and then extract.
Its not the server at least, since i know DA Main is updated and i played the new version ;)

@ Wiz: Updating wouldnt be a problem.. but that doesnt mean that the problem with differenent version is solved, right? So its prolly what r1ch is saying about another time.bsp in some pakfile i guess, maybe axion or some.. dont know about that, im not using any maps in pakfiles, so i never have double files.
Last edited by Da^JuaN on Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
nemesis
sank like a rock

Post by nemesis »

I think that if the map changes AGAIN, it gets just more and more complicated...then there would be 3 different Times. I think its good as it is, it just takes a while...
· clan Survival · #clansurvival @ IRCNet/QuakeNet, /msg Neme^ · www.lahtela.com/survival · AQ2Suomi admin, AQ2World moderator and a member of AQ2Admins
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

hmmm. ye i guess. but i am worried about the .pak scenario.

i am really sorry about this...hope this will be sorted out in some time.

i have at least learned from my mistakes. O_o
p33k4y
is connecting

Post by p33k4y »

wow i really like it, thumbs up. really nice. :rambo:
KriBBa
was flattened

Post by KriBBa »

lol, 1 year old.
(20:04:12) (lillemaan-) kribbaway fast vi spelar inte om du spelar