What requires more skill?

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

BadWerdz
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by BadWerdz »

Kicking is by far the hardest way to kill an opponent.

Knifes is 50% skills and 50% luck so it shouldn't count.
and if you don't agree with me, show me a demo with a player that gets 1 kill for every thrown knife.

SSG, Akimbos and HC are the real hardcore asassin weapons.

SSG is hard to master and has a huge disadvantage in close combat and you have to be quick, steady on hand and have godlike reflexes.

Akimbos dosen't pack alot of damage, has a rather slow firerate and the acc isnt that great.

HC, sure the dmg is great when you shove the barrels down the throat on your opponent. but you still have to get their and if you miss even slightly you have a long reload time and only did like 20 in dmg on him. Single barreled is a safe option though.

\Marcus gives his 50cents.
Proud member of Vikings from North [Vfn] - http://aq2.tyldum.com / #vfn
Master with mp5, sexiest aq2 player alive, 1# Ninja 2006, just some of my titles.
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

I don't get how knives involve more luck than the rest of the weapons? Because it moves in a non linear path and the speed isn't that of a bullet?

The other weapons are easier to master, that's why there are few demos/movies of someone getting 1 kill with each knife. But I can show you clips of players doing it if you want BadWerdz.

Anyone remember "Mike -MFS" (mike from sweden)? He used to play with knives all the time and topped the lists on the public servers back in the day.

If you're lucky enough, does that make you skilled?
:-o
I like to play games, not watch them
shimsham

Post by shimsham »

id like to know how you can logically sit there and say that knives require no skill. i mean seriously.
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

I remember him Flunx :) He relly kicked ass with Knifes.

-Alex
Hapid00!!
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

Flunx wrote:I don't get how knives involve more luck than the rest of the weapons? Because it moves in a non linear path and the speed isn't that of a bullet?

The other weapons are easier to master, that's why there are few demos/movies of someone getting 1 kill with each knife. But I can show you clips of players doing it if you want BadWerdz.

Anyone remember "Mike -MFS" (mike from sweden)? He used to play with knives all the time and topped the lists on the public servers back in the day.

If you're lucky enough, does that make you skilled?
:-o
i remember him well. he was awesome with the knifes
minchiano
bleeds to death

Post by minchiano »

Mike was a good knifer indeed but I still put DoJo^Kirahvi ahead of him. And don't even mention Oson[balle]! He sure loved his knifes/slippers combo. MOTU!
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

But I am the best anyway like WOAH
BadWerdz

Post by BadWerdz »

I didnt say that knifes didnt demand skills. but there is a bigger portion of luck with knifes. with a gun the bullet hits where you aim when you press the trigger. but when you throw a knife you have to have a bit of luck in the aspect of your target moving the way you predicted. some might call that judgement skills and experince, but I don't agree. I think it's all that mixed with luck.

I don't disagree on the fact that you can get skilled with knifes if you train with them, ofc you can. And it's not like I'm saying that I aint impressed by a good knifer, I am, it's one of the coolest weapons in the game. But I'm saying there will allways be a luck element in a knife fight. call it a battle of the minds aswell as a normal fight if you can't live with the luck factor.
Proud member of Vikings from North [Vfn] - http://aq2.tyldum.com / #vfn
Master with mp5, sexiest aq2 player alive, 1# Ninja 2006, just some of my titles.
Majkie
is connecting

Post by Majkie »

this topic has been inactive for quite a while, but i took my time reading through it (i have too much time, i know ... :) ), and i think that you quite forgot the pistol!

if a good player faces a bad player, the bad player have a positive probability of winning with every weapon besides the pistol. i remember the close combat pistol fights as impossible to win when i was a noob, and i still am, so i never win them ... therefore i suggest the pistol requires the most skill. it's so f-cking hard to hit anything with that shitty weapon.

oh, btw, the knife-master of all times must be dojo^kirahvi. mike didn't play that much with knives as i remember it. well, not to forget, we played a lot on the clab [balle] server - even I could top the scoreboard on that server with a hc ... 8)
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

My pistol depends a hell of a lot on my ping, a lot more than any other weapon. Which is why it sucks since my ping has risen to 90ms :(

Being skilled with pistol is more valuable than being skilled with any other weapon.
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

ye olde kirabat was the best knifer yarrr
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
sCrewFace
blew up

Post by sCrewFace »

I think it depends on the map.. I would rather have knifes on c2 and airport than HC.. (no camping in the rooms aint no option)
Beavis:
"all depends of what accordings you take before the match."
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

single mk23 <3
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok
ZoRoXo
tripped on its own grenade
In-game Name: Keeent

Post by ZoRoXo »

im not sure, but clearly not sniper. because in almost every fps game there is there`s like a weapon that shoot straight. i.e rail and such.

but the m4 u have to drag ur crosshair down while spraying to be able to hit, and even if u spray in games like cs to, its not the same, because in cs u have to drag it down, after 7-8 buillets to the left, 7-8 more bullets, to the right and lasty to the right.
and the spray in aq2 is much more random, so those who discussed luck with knifes, u have to have a little luck with the m4 aswell since you can do a perfect spray and only hit kevlar and miss (shit happens :D )
Aka. kK >> Keeent
( ) ( )
(^_^)
(~)(~)
sCrewFace
blew up

Post by sCrewFace »

Hi i got a wise question: How come there are so many good m4 players? But allmost no good snipers? Ssg>m4 in skillness! Otherwise there wouldnt be more m4s on a team then snipers
Beavis:
"all depends of what accordings you take before the match."