A timer!

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

Take a break.
How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at www.Tellsomeonewhocares.com
*bplease*
sCrewFace
blew up

Post by sCrewFace »

What i ment was: i want 1-2-3 secs and then light,cam,action.. So u get both.. U just know where to go on spawns.. And then when the last player is killed, the round will end fast like it does in cs.
Beavis:
"all depends of what accordings you take before the match."
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Do we need another "yeh, and add an A and B..." post or will you finally understand that CS stuff isn't welcome?

And it's not an anti-CSism, it's just that there's nothing from CS that fits AQ2, or nothing actually useful. Ok, it sure looks cool two nicks connected by the murderous weapon, but there is something called priority, and if there's a coder willing to do something for the mod, then we still have the TV thingy or the CTF Mod.
Besides, it's already pretty obvious the idea isn't turning the community into crazy drooling sheep biting heads off to get it as soon as possible.
Ne quid nimis.
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Caracol wrote:Do we need another "yeh, and add an A and B..." post or will you finally understand that CS stuff isn't welcome?

And it's not an anti-CSism, it's just that there's nothing from CS that fits AQ2, or nothing actually useful. Ok, it sure looks cool two nicks connected by the murderous weapon, but there is something called priority, and if there's a coder willing to do something for the mod, then we still have the TV thingy or the CTF Mod.
Besides, it's already pretty obvious the idea isn't turning the community into crazy drooling sheep biting heads off to get it as soon as possible.
well, i consider this idea way more interesting than aq2ctf :) this is a possible way to improve the gameplay of the good old usual cw.. which by far is the best way to play aq. CTF only works for a map or two then i get bored as hell:P. But as you usually cant accept that people disagree with you, ill just sit back and wait for some personal insults or similar. I think sF's idea could be worth a shot.. and adding it to the code would probably be quite simple.
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

sajh wrote:CTF only works for a map or two then i get bored as hell:P.
That's why there's a development of the mod.
You can dream about those useless stuff all you want, such topics have been around already. Everyone expressed what they thought it'd have been cool to add or change in AQ2, and that's it.
But if sf thinks it's better to get replies such as 'WoOoW what an idea, great man!!' rather than realistic ones then it's all fine. He might think the changes will be done like that?
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

AssKick3r wrote: But if sf thinks it's better to get replies such as 'WoOoW what an idea, great man!!' rather than realistic ones then it's all fine. He might think the changes will be done like that?
i think it seems like a change that shouldnt be too complicated to implement, i would rather see people trying to implement that, than (in my opinion) wasting time on ctf :). But i guess thats just me, as i doubt that ctf will be any popular.. but i hope the ctf-team proves me wrong on that one.
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

If this was a "positiv" request, I think it would be broughten up years ago.
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

I remember the danes when they had their greatest days... Had a buggy version of TNG installed on the best servers hosted in .dk... made team 2 spawn down in the sucky "all" the time at c2... even though there where newer versions released the owner didnt change... hah :P

-Aex
Hapid00!!
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Lotus wrote:If this was a "positiv" request, I think it would be broughten up years ago.
so... all new ideas are bad :D? "hey! this cant be a good idea, if it was good.. then someone else would already have thought of it!!!"

great attitude:P
whine...<br />
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

arild wrote:I remember the danes when they had their greatest days... Had a buggy version of TNG installed on the best servers hosted in .dk... made team 2 spawn down in the sucky "all" the time at c2... even though there where newer versions released the owner didnt change... hah :P

-Aex
lol lamest ever!
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Re: A timer!

Post by NRGizeR »

sCrewFace wrote:It would make the game alot more tactical if everybody knew where to move. Cuz alot of ppl just go forward when they hear Lights!
So, I fail to see how this would make anything more tactical, as I see it the only result would be the opposite of what you're 'trying' to do. Take for example mesto, where (the good mesto clans) get into position during the first 3 seconds of no falling damage, and therefore are able to dominate the map. Guys flying all over the place.

Your idea would slow the game down, and would take away the part of getting a head start on everyone else if you actually DO know where to go and what to do, getting yourself into a good position before the shooting starts.

That's why I think your idea is not the best one I've heard...

-NRG
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

arild wrote:I remember the danes when they had their greatest days... Had a buggy version of TNG installed on the best servers hosted in .dk... made team 2 spawn down in the sucky "all" the time at c2... even though there where newer versions released the owner didnt change... hah :P

-Aex
Actually it was team 1 that had the sucky spawn the most.. and I believe the game dll wasn't changed because noone was able to get a hold the owner.

Besides, the danes had their glory days way before TNG came about..
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Clement wrote:

-Aex
Actually it was team 1 that had the sucky spawn the most.. and I believe the game dll wasn't changed because noone was able to get a hold the owner.

Besides, the danes had their glory days way before TNG came about..
yeah, the danes had their glorydays around the time circul8 had sent m4script to all his countrymen and told everyone that any glmodulate below 193 is lame =D
whine...<br />
z0
plummets to its death

Post by z0 »

Dont like the idea at all since it he removes the skill in beeing able to locate yourself knowing the nmys spawn in just a matter of second.

Still this might be a good thing to even out the maps and clans such my own clan j would not have so much advantage of for example playing c2 as we played for ages as homemap and really know excactly where the nmy are at the spawns.

so + & -

+ gives clans the possibility of saying a few words before start each round like rush that way etc.
+more change for players who dont know the map for 100% to beeing able to figure out what spawn your nmy has

-removes a bit of the "homemap" advantage
-some extra time added to each round
-will loose a bit of the aq feeling where its sometimes a suprice that the next round is started and you find yourself falling down in the water on cliff2 or such :)
-reflexes dont needed so much, read the one above

might be good, might be bad, i would not like to have this turned on my homemap, but it would help on less played maps to get the grip of what way you should go.

and the only way of this beeing able to work is that you freeze excactly where you are, in the air or whatever, and after two secs or so the lights camera action goes on.
peaz
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Now everyone read NRG's post again, and perhaps again and you might see why this idea is crap.