Server setup question

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

my server was a AMD 1700+, 1024 RAM, Linux Ubuntu.
4 servers.
I had 100/100 when i first got the server up.
But they took away that service. So it was 100/10 at the end.
Can't remember if the ping where much higher when they downgraded. I don't think so.

Btw i'm not a Linux master.
Hawk helped me =)
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

angra wrote:my server was a AMD 1700+, 1024 RAM, Linux Ubuntu.
4 servers.
I had 100/100 when i first got the server up.
But they took away that service. So it was 100/10 at the end.
Can't remember if the ping where much higher when they downgraded. I don't think so.

Btw i'm not a Linux master.
Hawk helped me =)
you still got the servers up and running?
bail{UNi}
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

seems the server was a no-go, turned out to be 100/10 as angra has now, and not 100/100.
I recommend checking out srv.eyecandy.se (new swedish server which i ping 20-25 at from norway)
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

can't connect to that server :|

whats the real ip?
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

WizardExt wrote:can't connect to that server :|

whats the real ip?
hmmmmm.. try .com, .net .org ;) might have remembered it wrong.
or ask demok/drakh in #edge.aq2
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

sajh wrote:seems the server was a no-go, turned out to be 100/10 as angra has now, and not 100/100.
I recommend checking out srv.eyecandy.se (new swedish server which i ping 20-25 at from norway)
The last 3-5 months that i had the server it was 100/10, and know one noticed =) becuse i didin't tell =).
So set it up.

bail no it's down.
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

angra wrote:
sajh wrote:seems the server was a no-go, turned out to be 100/10 as angra has now, and not 100/100.
The last 3-5 months that i had the server it was 100/10, and know one noticed =) becuse i didin't tell =).
So set it up.

bail no it's down.
Yea, 10mbit is plenty for a q2server. Problem is that i know my brother, and he will probably do some leeching;).
whine...<br />
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

How many servers are you setting up? Would be cool with a public server. :)