FINLAND!!!!!!!!!

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
is connecting

FINLAND!!!!!!!!!

Post by Elvis »

Hello people,

I thought I would start a post because lately I've been wondering why some third world country called finland has players who refuse to use anticheat.dll.

It appears as if all civilised countries use anticheat, so why don't they?

I am hoping for some good reason's why they're not using it and why we should not force it on the servers...
Zig
is connecting

Post by Zig »

Here in finland some guys are just too lazy to download it :) and too dumb of course :P
chatode
joined the game

Post by chatode »

For once i agree with Zig here, maybe im a bit lazy and i dont know if it would change dramatically something in my quake so i dont really even wanna know because its working quite perfectly for me now..

As soon as the requirements get higher and not having anticheat.dll forbids me from major playing i might reconsider..

And Elvis, if you really wanted real answers you shouldve posted some real alternatives to pick from, this just looks like another nice thread for everyone to flame the .fi ppl... Have phun though! I really dont care so much what goes on in this offtopic-forum :hop:
Last edited by chatode on Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
aka Ode aka katodi
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

Client or server? anticheat.dll?
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

...and these kind of posts should be deleted right away.. if you are doing a poll, give decent alternatives. i have no idea why you start a post like this on aq2world, when you are aiming at the finnish players. try aq2suomi.com...

.fi people must be really tired of aq2world, they already have their own community, their own site, their own servers. why should they even bother about us and our community site. we never welcome them..
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

You really should have posted something better and more serious, this might become another flame thread..
I don't get why they refuse to use it either, so I hope at least their server admins will answer here. If their servers had it as an option (not forced yet) they'd use it much more I guess. For them, it needs to become a standard since they aren't really fond of changes :D
It's a pity sajh didn't force it in his league - I know some servers don't have it, but if he mentioned it to few people it might just be there by now.
And the first idea was good too, to force anticheat on servers that have it set up, but that was dropped later on.
Elvis
is connecting

Post by Elvis »

Ok, the alternatives might be a bit over the top, but that was just for amusement value :P

The thread was quite serious, I asked the finnish server admins why they didn't force it, and they said:

'Players refuse to use it, so if we put it on they will go to another server, so we don't put it on'

I see no reason why this shouldn't be forced on every server..

Wizardext:

".fi people must be really tired of aq2world, they already have their own community, their own site, their own servers. why should they even bother about us and our community site. we never welcome them.. "

hmm, did you ever try to join #aq2suomi? they have ipbans on complete countries, and you call the non-finnish community being 'not welcome' ?
chatode
joined the game

Post by chatode »

Last edited by chatode on Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
aka Ode aka katodi
Elvis
is connecting

Post by Elvis »

chatode wrote:and the result i get for saying something in this forum?
1418.49 Od: !cw 4 off
1418.49 z0rbot23: [BAN] You are not allowed to use this function.
i love you guys :bday:

lol? I don't even know who you are? what did you exactly say here then ? and under what name? or are you etaana again?

And can we please stay on topic for once?
chatode
joined the game

Post by chatode »

Im Ode from clan lost' #losthope, as it clearly says in my signature.

I'm sorry for the offtopic. I just felt that coincidences like these can be named in this forum, but it seems that this time it was unnecessery. My nick bugged the bot or something...

By all means carry on.
aka Ode aka katodi
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

where's my alternative? as long as you only create this in .dll form I won't ever use it... since I use linux. Make something cross-platform before you force it, and then whine when people don't use it. Other reasons that I know of as to why people don't want to use it is simply because they use different clients (not r1q2 or apr)... I don't think that ateq2 has anticheat support for example.

Oh, and as a side note this Finland vs the world shit is getting really old.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

This sounds like a good idea for a thread.
P.S. It's not just the Finnish who don't use it.
I don't give a shit.
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

NRG, still the majority uses windows and I think ac should be set on servers, and later on forced. For those who use linux or have serious problems running ac (like Clown?) there's a command for server admins to make exceptions.

Looking at this, it wouldn't really be a problem giving it a try.
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

I heard so many reasons.
- players refuses to use it ( scared of beeing caught? bright skins,spikes,wh,aimbot? ... )
- many players use linux here in finland and AC doesnt support linux ( I played lots of CWs vs FI and hardly ever saw linux users. 5max, lets say there are 10 :) Anyway, I do use linux too and its not problem to play on AC enabled servers. )
- AC is still beta so we wont use it ( as if any software outhere now is final )

Whats next :D
My thought... Those Admins are stupid, they dont even know how to set server best for players, how AC things work.
Updating only binary is useless.
^stric^
Reloiz
sank like a rock

Post by Reloiz »

What the hell!?