FINLAND!!!!!!!!!

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

imeiz wrote: i know a few people able to code their own cheats. this doesn't make them cheaters but makes their cheats undetectable to about any checker. ac or not, they can code if they want to do that.
Woow, Id like to see that. Dont bluff before its done. Everyone CAN do anything they want but the question is if they CAN do it.
imeiz wrote:
windows-only code is for those who use windows. some of us don't. you can try to force us if you so wish, but the finns are more stubborn than you think. if you can't think of reasons not to use it, think of reasons why to? i've reard people have bad pings and fps' even with pretty good pc's.
Looks like you dont get facts together. Ever heard for exception list. Read again then post.
FPS drops? You know, there is a feedback forum for this kind of things if they are AC related ofc.
Oh yea, i frogot. Too much for you guys. Sorry!

2c
^stric^
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

wow imeiz, didn't know you can put so much bullshit in just one post.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

that's one of my specialities. i'm well aware of the exception list, and was on it for a second, but decided not to include myself on it. i ask you, is it a solution to just skip all the people who don't use windows? like r1ch said, it's possible to go around the module, if it was done for linux. now we don't have a module, so those who are able to and have the will for it, can cheat and be exceptions in any case.

i'm not bluffing. we had a serious cheat accusation in the finnish scene, and hifi produced a wh for us to watch the demo with. yes, it's possible and yes, it's been done. you can consult it with him if you will, but atleast he didn't code a backdoor to toggle the wh off if a screenshot is taken. i can dig a shot for you, if you still don't believe me.

there's no reason to send r1ch anything regarding it, because he doesn't support the OS it runs on. some finn coders have been discussing about a working anticheat or atleast a 100% check, but doing that is really difficult. if they could, they'd already have it ready for use.

i dug it up, http://koti.mbnet.fi/hifi/aprwh.jpg

are we dead yet?
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

This shows what?
- Linux user
- Wallhack

And?

This doesn't make them cheaters but makes their cheats undetectable to about any checker. ac or not, they can code if they want to do that.
AC forced server, no exception for player, using wh and ABLE to play. That was my first thought about what you said in that quote.
^stric^
Demoni
joined the game

Post by Demoni »

cuz i can't get my sounds work correctly on newer apr quakes than 1.17
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

Demoni wrote:cuz i can't get my sounds work correctly on newer apr quakes than 1.17
riiiiiiiight
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

if you wanna force anticheat, then force CTF skins for all servers, i fucking hate those norse skins.
maybe i get something good out of this
bail{UNi}
minchiano
bleeds to death

Post by minchiano »

[off]Skins nowadays are lame as it is.

CTF ones, norse ones, nut / cyrus ones...

I want REAL skins back...[/off]
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

@minchiano

good old days are gone. i miss them too. today it's one team being red and the other blue. nothing else..
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

i actually like ctf skins, they are fair, cause thats what this thread is about...
and what was so good about the old days when everyone used glowskins and spikes..
bail{UNi}
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

bail, i agree. they are fair skins. let's leave it there...

...sad that you can only remember the bad things when looking back.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

Uncle- wrote:AC forced server, no exception for player, using wh and ABLE to play. That was my first thought about what you said in that quote.
well, sorry, then you misunderstood me. naturally those not excepted can't play. the point is, when they are excepted, which they can easily be, they're completely able to cheat, if that's what they want to do. my point is just that excepting people is in no way a solution to an obvious problem.

let me know when you have something that works. i'll take a look at it then.

http://www.kanava.org/~hifi/lasia.jpg <- that better? :)
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

imeiz wrote:Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Joke of the day.
Gepardi
melted

Post by Gepardi »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've understood that forcing anticheat wouldn't change a thing for linux-dudes. They'd just have to sign their name on some exceptions-list and they'd be good to go again. On the other hand, it would check windows-fellas for banned modifications, but that shouldn't be a problem for the ones who don't use anything considered as illegal.

If everything stated above applies, then I don't really see what's the problem. It would check the majority of the players for cheats and as far as I'm concerned, that's helluva lot better than checking no one. For busting possible linux-cheaters, we'd just have to go with the current system: asking for a demo(& screenshots) and making a thread about the suspected player. Not a mission impossible either.
imeiz wrote:i know a few people able to code their own cheats. this doesn't make them cheaters but makes their cheats undetectable to about any checker. ac or not, they can code if they want to do that.
But doesn't make them undetectable for the human eye.. I mean, just think of how many players have been caught because someone recorded and made a thread about them. Plus, I'm pretty sure there are more people able to cheat now than after forcing AC.
So basically you're saying we shouldn't try catching any cheaters before there's a system that allows us to try catching all cheaters? At least I'd prefer playing in a public server that has only 1 cheater than in a server that has 5.

One more thing, can someone explain me what do those wh-screenshots have to do with anything? :(
imeiz wrote:good luck uniting the windows scene!
Thank you!
Gepardi /pr0
#clan.pr0 @ QNet » http://koti.mbnet.fi/warjo/pr0/
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

Gepardi wrote:So basically you're saying we shouldn't try catching any cheaters before there's a system that allows us to try catching all cheaters? At least I'd prefer playing in a public server that has only 1 cheater than in a server that has 5.

One more thing, can someone explain me what do those wh-screenshots have to do with anything? :(
i'm not saying we shouldn't try catching people, just asked if this really is a solution for you, and if it's a reason to kinda discriminate linux users. i'd say that for q2, there's nothing that would prevent every possible cheat, and i don't expect that. i'm just saying, that it's no reason to discriminate linux users, just because you can't make a 100% idiot proof module for them. i'd rather have a somewhat working module than no module at all. now we have excepted people who can cheat if they want to do that, but naturally people can and will see for theirselves, if there's something suspicious going on.

these days in the finnish scene the cheater demos don't get the attention they need, because most people watching and commenting the demos don't even discuss the things they see on the demos, only say "wh" or "lol that's normal". this is the reason i've no interest to participate in watching the demos and seeing if someone cheats or not. i choose who i play with and make it a problem for myself if i play against idiots.

people either misunderstood me or didn't believe me. for that reason you have the screenshots. i'm not saying ac is completely useless, just that there are issues you need to discuss, if you want this on the finnish servers. i'm not an admin so i'm just pointing out things. i can't and won't have a word on the matter of getting ac in use. you're free to use it on your servers, and so are people free not to do so.

to me it's a matter of principle.

fuct, if you have nothing to say, then shut up. is is that hard?