New texture collection (Updated 22.12.2007)

Forum for Skins, Maps, Configs etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

Vermin
plummets to its death

New texture collection (Updated 22.12.2007)

Post by Vermin »

I took textures for this collection from various different sources and if there were more than one option of the same texture, I tried to pick the best one at least according to my own tastes. I've also tried to keep the new textures that I've made close to the original look for the most part.

Due to the vast amount of textures in this collection it's pretty much impossible to say which maps are affected and how much (about 50-200 maps maybe?). But at least I can give you a rough list of maps that I've retextured completely or edited/changed the old already existing textures for the particular map myself:

187city, actcity2, actcity3, beer, bomba2, border, city, cloud, mesto, murder, plaza3, rexro, riot, riotx, silitex2, sludge1, tequila, tokyo, urban, urban2, wfall, winter

So this list should not be taken as an absolute truth about which maps I've touched and which I haven't. For some maps I have changed only a texture or two of the old ones so it's impossible to remember. Well anyway, this collection can be downloaded from here:

http://marlporo.pp.fi/aq2/misc.html (packed ~200mb, unpacked ~300mb, updated 22.12.2007)

As is said in the page, pak3 should preferably go to quake2\baseq2 folder and pak52 to quake2\action folder. I should also mention that, depending on the client and possible other texture paks that you are using, all the textures from this set might not show up in your quake. Especially textures which already come with the original map in .tga, .png or .jpg format won't necessarily be changed with the textures found in this set if the client prefers tgas over jpgs. Most of the textures in this set are in .jpg format.

And finally a couple of examples, normal textures first and new textures after that:

silitex2-01
silitex2-02

beer-01
beer-02

sludge1-01
sludge1-02

city-01
city-02

tokyo-01
tokyo-02

Add-on #1: Tequila
If you haven't downloaded that bigger packet from Action Gear yet, then you get these with it from now on. And if you already have downloaded it, then it's enough that you get the packet found underneath to your action folder and make sure you name it with a bigger number than that original pak52.pak or you could just add the textures found in this add-on to pak52. It replaces a couple of the older textures.

tequila-01
tequila-02
tequila-03
tequila-04

Download

Add-on #2: Bomba2 & Plaza3
A little christmas present from me. Same rant as in the first add-on. These have been added to the collection found in Action Gear, but you can also download these individually from below. Plaza3 hasn't been 100% retextured but I released it anyway..

bomba2-01
bomba2-02
bomba2-03
bomba2-04

Download
Last edited by Vermin on Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

I want to say nice work, but I can't see any differences! Although I've been using my own mix of high res textures since forever...
Jackestripador
saw the light

Post by Jackestripador »

i use axion quake and the textures i guess that are the same that in that images
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Pretty neat, I like how you only made them high res and better looking, while most of the others change textures completely.
I'll still stick to the ones I already got, too used to them and don't want to change them in all those maps ;)
Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

Quite nice looking, I rly like what you have done with beer and sludge1.
How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at www.Tellsomeonewhocares.com
*bplease*
Genie
joined the game

Post by Genie »

The thing I like about these textures is that they are loyal to the original ones.

Nice job mate
g e n i e
irc: Keeni^^
anderson
is connecting

Post by anderson »

nice... :D
stan0x
killed itself
In-game Name: stan0x
Operating System: Windows 7, linux
Processor model/speed: i7 2600K
Memory: 16GB DRR3
Hard drive: 1 x 240GB SSD 5 x 2 TB
Graphics card: GTX470
Monitor: LG
Mouse: MX
Keyboard: Steelseries G7

Post by stan0x »

hmzz.. i still play with oldskool texteurs. they look the best for me :P

:bday: :bday:
#clan.fubar #narf #heks #aq2world
Vermin
plummets to its death

Post by Vermin »

The first post is now updated.. textures for tequila have been added.

22.12.2007: textures for bomba2 and plaza3 have been added.