NATIONS CUP 2008! [UPDATE EIGHT, 02 feb, 17:35]

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

How can this be the players fault, as nufan mentioned i have not heard anything about he wanting help.
From my point of view Grover took full responsibility of organizing this by himself. I could take part in a nationscup admin crew, i cant code a website but we got numerous of good php/asp coders in this small aq2scene so it should not be too hard to find one willing to make a site for nationscup.
I even posted suggestions how to straighten this up in my earlier post.
It doesnt help when Grover is not here to speak for himself, but blaming me and eX when we are trying to get answers makes no sense.
bail{UNi}
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

just slam up some rules yourself eX(or anyone else), the teams are ready for it. Nothing says that grover has to be the admin, just someone plot down some rules and a signup and you are all good to go. Waiting for grover is every bit as useless as whining at him for not doing what you all so eagerly want him to :)

I doubt that any of the teams would run around crying if it ends up with someone else actually making the tournament happen.

Dont wait, DO ;).
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
eX
melted

Post by eX »

Well that would be stealing if I did, and rude. If grover is actually working on it, I'd like to know it, instead of taking it into my own hands. And to be honest, I'm not asking for having priviliges for making the cup. I could help him out spawning rules etc, not taking care of the whole cup.
Nothing says that grover has to be the admin, just someone plot down some rules and a signup and you are all good to go.
Hmm, I'd definately say that grover is the admin. He started it, he initiated a captainvote. As it is, he is the admin. Unluckily his comp went down, pretty bad timing. "Someone" shouldn't plot down any rules without having a decent conversation with eachother. For instance, the captains, as bail suggested. That would be a good solution in this case. However, it could be some interference though, such as there would be too many chefs making this one soup. But it seems like it might be worth a try.

I think I've had it with these mambo jambos, thinking that what we're actually doing is whining on grover. Atleast I hope that grover himself find any of these posts usefull for his acting, not being complainments on him or whine, as some of you obviously are seeing it.
cool as fcuk
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Well said sajh. That's basically my point, don't just give suggestions and offer your help. Do it! Don't hesitate, you know how things in AQ2 work, you just have to do it yourself, there's no one who is leader of it all and controls these stuff. Why would grover be the main guy who'd make all decisions? He just wanted to have another NC and started off with the idea, now it got here to what it is. In the last NC Juan was headadmin and no one asked him if it was ok with him to make another one. See what I mean?
And I don't think about your posts as you think I do, I'm just trying to tell you that if everyone (the ones wanting to participate or just have neat ideas) does something, things will go with a flow and it will work out much quicker and smoother. I'm willing to help as well, as I helped a bit with the previous one, but I didn't think it should be rushed.
As Poro hasn't replied yet I doubt grover even talked to him, or maybe he wasn't up for it. Getting a webby should be the first task, aye?
Gepardi
melted

Post by Gepardi »

In my opinion, eX brought up some relevant questions about the website, admin group etc. No need to call him or anyone lazy about that.

I see it the way eX and bail do, grover is the one running this show. Just look at the first post, he already started the captain picking, made some simple rules and wrote that there's more to come right after teams have signed up. And now everyone should just do *something* for the cup? I think it's pretty obvious this project needs a leader and grover seems to have some kind of a plan.

I think we should just wait until he gets back in business again. Maybe some Dutchie who knows grover could find out how long it takes for him to be online again? If it takes loooong, then someone can start thinking about taking over the project.
Gepardi /pr0
#clan.pr0 @ QNet » http://koti.mbnet.fi/warjo/pr0/
eX
melted

Post by eX »

Gepardi wrote:In my opinion, eX brought up some relevant questions about the website, admin group etc. No need to call him or anyone lazy about that.

I see it the way eX and bail do, grover is the one running this show. Just look at the first post, he already started the captain picking, made some simple rules and wrote that there's more to come right after teams have signed up. And now everyone should just do *something* for the cup? I think it's pretty obvious this project needs a leader and grover seems to have some kind of a plan.

I think we should just wait until he gets back in business again. Maybe some Dutchie who knows grover could find out how long it takes for him to be online again? If it takes loooong, then someone can start thinking about taking over the project.
Always same shit... All the arguing and preaching. Less talking, more action, please! eX, yadda yadda yadda.
What do you refer to then if you don't mean what I think you do :P

And how can you honestly say that there isn't any admin decided yet? THAT'd pretty much be a punch in the face to grover. Not just someone would've initiated a captainvoting nor made a thread by this to actually assume that someone else would take care of it. :oh:
cool as fcuk
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Don't know, but at first he created a thread asking people if they are up for it (the cup) and then I told him to create this thread.
bliz
A FOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post by bliz »

Nah eX, I'm only an AQ2world admin. Just updated the first post in this thread since grover was missing in action and I didn't want to let things go to waste that 'soon'. I guess he has more busy things to attend to so like other people said already: maybe someone, like you?, should just take the whole thing over and create something more solid. Because if we wait for grover then the 'neatness' and interest about a whole new NationCup will just blow right out of the window. Especially for short-tempered Fins like Alienii hmm.

Just on a short note: I am not defending grover, I'm simply trying to understand his intentions, be it late they are. I have no idea where grover is nor am I on miRC every day to check if he's there or not. So if you wish to wait for him.. well, grover had deadlines set in the first post which he didn't pay attention to in the first place so I doubt that he's around much.

And I'm sure anyone can try to pick it up & make something of it if they tried and ask the 'right' people to get it started with more efficiency, like a website and so on, just like Da^Juan (or someone else whatever) did with the previous Nation Cup event and that went without problems back then.

I guess someone just has to take over that 'flame' and do it - again, without having to wait for grover if you don't want things to be left backstage so to speak. I'm quite sure that grover wouldn't even mind if someone takes over as long as there are people who wish to seriously contribute to the whole idea.
R.I.P. Double Negative 2005-2008
TotteN
sank like a rock
In-game Name: TotteN
Operating System: win 7
Memory: 8GB
Hard drive: 3TB
Graphics card: ATI HD 7000
Monitor: 2
Mouse: Logitech G500
Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder

Post by TotteN »

AssKick3r wrote:Why would grover be the main guy who'd make all decisions? He just wanted to have another NC and started off with the idea, now it got here to what it is. In the last NC Juan was headadmin and no one asked him if it was ok with him to make another one. See what I mean?
OMG this is so stupid .. O_o , its like eating an apple and getting to have a threesome, you cant compare these two ...

Gepardi wrote:In my opinion, eX brought up some relevant questions about the website, admin group etc. No need to call him or anyone lazy about that.

AND OMG this is like the best post in the thread :hop: me like me like :lol:
alla smälter till honung för papp,charmörenas konung strandens romeo.stringtrosorna landar i sanden när totte springer på stranden playans don juan
eX
melted

Post by eX »

Have to say that your last post bliz is a total remake compared the others you did. I do actually agree with you, 90%.

The rest 10 percent is the suggestion about having me as an admin :P , but as much as I wan't to give grover a chance, I'd guess that some of you are right then about picking another admin unless he makes a shoutout pretty soon.
cool as fcuk
grover
loses a vital chest organ

Post by grover »

First of all I want to thank you all for your concern.
I'm terribly sorry how things have developed, I wish it would've gone differently.

Second of all: MY COMPUTER IS FUCKED.
I Can't use IRC, so I'm not able to have conversations with people I want to have conversations with. Those people are guys who want to help out. So yes, I want and need help. I can't do it all by myself let alone that my pc is broken so I practically cant do anything.
Maybe I or WE should appoint someone else to be in charge of this, assuming that I sorta was :) but I can't do that anymore, I think.

I have spoken to Marlporo about a website. It went like this:

Grover: "Hey Marlporo, could you make a website for the Nations Cup?"
Marlporo: "No".

So that's that.

Here's what we need now:

- A website.
- Someone to make the website.
- Information to put on the website.
- Rules.
- Teams.
- Admins.

Just respond if you want to do any of these tasks. If no one does this, we can either say goodbye to the Cup, or assign someone to go and ask (or force :)) people to do it.
I can't go and ask people on IRC as you've read above, otherwise I would've done that.
"Anything too stupid to be said is sung". - Voltaire.
TotteN
sank like a rock
In-game Name: TotteN
Operating System: win 7
Memory: 8GB
Hard drive: 3TB
Graphics card: ATI HD 7000
Monitor: 2
Mouse: Logitech G500
Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder

Post by TotteN »

some nice and fun rules :)

http://www.home.no/naql/rules.html <<<
nice nice nice nice
^^^^^^

http://clanbase.ggl.com/rules.php?lid=1707#mr_general
randome maps from a map pool
alla smälter till honung för papp,charmörenas konung strandens romeo.stringtrosorna landar i sanden när totte springer på stranden playans don juan
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

Ok now we know the status of nations cup 2008.
Now i want to know if the captains for each country are still alive and ready for a upcoming NC08.
I think its good to know how many teams that still can participate, i think it will help us to organize this if we knew we still got some interest left.

Netherlands: Grover/el'ganja

Slovenia: Stric

Sweden: eX

Norway: Nufan

Portugal: Undertaker

Finland: Gepardi

Denmark: bulle

Germany: IBA?

Slavic countries: S3c!0r

The only questionmark now is team Germany.
Im still trying to solve the website problem, yes its good that s3c!0r can make a html website but im looking for a php/asp coder.
Last edited by bail on Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
bail{UNi}
S3ci0r
tried to put the pin back in

Post by S3ci0r »

grover wrote:Here's what we need now:

- A website.
- Someone to make the website.
- Information to put on the website.
- Rules.
- Teams.
- Admins.
I can make a simply page (coding in HTML & CSS).
I need someone who will make the graphic side of page (I'm not in the mood).
I can help with admining (I care a lot).

thx bail :)
Evilcina
saw the light

Post by Evilcina »

Im sure these guys would help u if someone talked to them before they started nationscup...

http://www.quake.cz/NationsCup/