Sunday cup! masters of eyecandy

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

hehe tss ;P
I don't even know who signed us up for it!
So I blame Eyecandy!! ;)
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

AssKick3r wrote:I see the cup's been successful! Only two walkovers, one of which is against iN - not surprising :) - and the other one in a match for third place, pA! were probably too bitter to play it..
One day cup seems a better choice than those several weeks ones, but there's always a risk with dodgy clans.
I didn't actually play in this cup myself, but from what I've heard it wasn't really THAT successful. But yea okay, it wasn't the organisers fault and we were just kind of unlucky with the clans we had to face :D

Our first match was vs iN, but they didn't show up. Then waiting for over three hours for a semi final match vs pA!, which only lasted 20 mins. They thought it would be cool to leave the tournament after losing the first map and then whining the admins on IRC about how unfair it was pr0 didn't have to play a quarter final match. And then again waiting 3 hours to play the final which wasn't really a good game either if I understood correctly (they had pwn tactics or sumthin like that ;)).

Anyways, waiting for over 6 hours to play 1,5 match doesn't sound too appealing to me. Should be the other way around! :)
*hali*
ZoRoXo
tripped on its own grenade
In-game Name: Keeent

Post by ZoRoXo »

Kurupt wrote:
AssKick3r wrote:I see the cup's been successful! Only two walkovers, one of which is against iN - not surprising :) - and the other one in a match for third place, pA! were probably too bitter to play it..
One day cup seems a better choice than those several weeks ones, but there's always a risk with dodgy clans.
I didn't actually play in this cup myself, but from what I've heard it wasn't really THAT successful. But yea okay, it wasn't the organisers fault and we were just kind of unlucky with the clans we had to face :D

Our first match was vs iN, but they didn't show up. Then waiting for over three hours for a semi final match vs pA!, which only lasted 20 mins. They thought it would be cool to leave the tournament after losing the first map and then whining the admins on IRC about how unfair it was pr0 didn't have to play a quarter final match. And then again waiting 3 hours to play the final which wasn't really a good game either if I understood correctly (they had pwn tactics or sumthin like that ;)).

Anyways, waiting for over 6 hours to play 1,5 match doesn't sound too appealing to me. Should be the other way around! :)
Yeah, had to wait about an hour to play vs. pa! aswell.

They signed almost 20 players and had to use 1 hour to get 4 people with anticheat, which they couldn`t. And after ALOT of whine, the admins had to 'bend' the rules and someone play without. Because apparantly in Finland, anticheat destroys your aq2.

But hopefully, demok will make another one, and just don`t let the lame clans in.
Aka. kK >> Keeent
( ) ( )
(^_^)
(~)(~)
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Oh, well I just saw the results and thought it all went smoothly. Maybe there should be max 30 minutes between the matches. You could make it weekly and the 'kickoff' times always stay the same. :)
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

Thats the same as I was thinking.
^stric^
JuM8o
joined the game

Post by JuM8o »

AssKick3r wrote:Oh, well I just saw the results and thought it all went smoothly. Maybe there should be max 30 minutes between the matches. You could make it weekly and the 'kickoff' times always stay the same. :)
ye, it was fucking boring to wait hour or two to play next match. With this system u need to play whole day aq2, if there would be shorter breaks it wouldnt take so much TIIMEE and patience b)
Pe0n
was flattened

Post by Pe0n »

ZoRoXo wrote:But hopefully, demok will make another one, and just don`t let the lame clans in.
name one "not lame" clan plx.
ZoRoXo
tripped on its own grenade
In-game Name: Keeent

Post by ZoRoXo »

Pe0n wrote:
ZoRoXo wrote:But hopefully, demok will make another one, and just don`t let the lame clans in.
name one "not lame" clan plx.
What I meant to say was, I hope he won`t let the clans who ruined for the rest play again.
Aka. kK >> Keeent
( ) ( )
(^_^)
(~)(~)
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

Changing rules after kick-off isn't rly appreciated.
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok