NoCheat 2.32

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

Kurupt
:I

NoCheat 2.32

Post by Kurupt »

Nowadays everyone seems to be playing with the latest version of NoCheat, which is 2.32, including me. Does anyone know or this version already got hacked? Im not really into this cheating stuff, so if anyone could tell? The only players i saw cheating lately (which also got banned of the server by Morpher, my favourite admin!) were using Q2ACE. And that's actually prety obvious, since everyone who wants to cheat uses Q2ACE.

And if it's hacked, why are we still using these anti-cheat software stuff. We first had Q2ACE which got hacked like one day after it got released. Now we got NoCheat, but it turned out to be easy to hack too. Isn't it just better to play with the original quake2.exe and just forget about this anti-cheat software. It's just demanding too much time of the makers, the hackers and ofcourse us the players for installing a new version all time. Especially if it get hacked anyway...

And for the people still playing with Q2ACE or with an old version of NoCheat... here's the link to the NoCheat website, with a forum for support (if it's needed):

http://www.bryceinc.com/index.php?main=NoCheat

... if its for any use ...
Last edited by Kurupt on Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*hali*
DaNi
is legless

Post by DaNi »

nocheat hacked?
Enjoy without expectations, then you will have no disappointment. Pain is temporary...pride is forever.

siete tutti dei gay figli di puttana
Kurupt

Post by Kurupt »

I just looked on the NoCheat forum and there was a litle topic about it. This is what Bryce aka NiceAss (u know, the maker of NoCheat) said:

Bryce wrote:2.32 has been hacked by frkq2. That is all I know of.

So yes, it's hacked.
*hali*
DaNi
is legless

Post by DaNi »

read more.

They tested the hacked version and it didnt work
Enjoy without expectations, then you will have no disappointment. Pain is temporary...pride is forever.

Kurupt

Post by Kurupt »

Eh, some server admins know a way to detect it. Anyway, it's hacked. Now everyone with NoCheat might be cheating, u and me can't see it cuz his NoCheat reply is valid. Wasn't that the point of NoCheat? So everyone could see someone's cheating? The server admins got plenty of other ways, like taking screenshots and stuff, all the players can do is a simple !nocheatsay.
Last edited by Kurupt on Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*hali*
DaNi
is legless

Post by DaNi »

i still think nocheat is a good way of stopping most easy detectable cheats.

hopefully new nocheat wont be hackable

PatrioT
joined the game

Post by PatrioT »

haxx owned :) but i dont use them... hehe you can see that by yourself ;)
nu dan? nee tog? 6! GRAPJE :D
AnduriL

Post by AnduriL »

l33t h4x0rs always fuck it up :?

why do any trouble by hacking nocheat :mrgreen:
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

Aiiiight.. NoCheat is hacked. The hack is capable of pretty much everything, including but not limited to: wallhack, spikes, aimbot, autoshoot, anti-kick, speedhack, automatic strafejump and so on..

There is one good thing though.. the aimbot sux. If you play 20 minutes with sniper and the aimbot, you'd have about 30% accuracy, and that would be about 20% head. So it's nothing better than what any decent sniper can pull off. But for a noob, it is of course desirable.. But a side-effect of this not-so-good aimbot is, that you have no idea that the person is botting even if you're speccing him.

But the aimbots aren't really the biggest concern now-a-days seeing how, if they're any good, they're easy to spot, and if they're not any good, they're no problem :). A dude could of course still ruin a nice game on a public server, but it would never happen in a cw. The main concern would have to be the wallhack/spikes.. I haven't tested if the hack disables any visual cheat when a screenshot is taken, but I don't think so, so that is one way to detect the cheat, if you have rcon that is. It's no good asking the guy you think cheats about a screenshot, because it is possible to disable the cheats 'on the fly'.

We (admins of the Boomtown servers) have found another, foolproof, way to detect if someone is using the hack (all credit goes out to Mysteryman:)). It is a simple check, done by rcon, which I won't make public.

The hack is unfortunately already widely known/used. After we found this way to detect the cheat yesterday, we have already caught 4 guys using it on the Boomtown servers. The list of cheaters can be found on our site.. (admin.dk for url.. can't remember it and I cba to find it :))

Here's the good(!!) news: The creator of the hack has agreed to help NiceAss (creator of NoCheat) making NoCheat more safe. He haven't guaranteed that he won't hack it again, but let's all just hope he won't. The new version, 2.33, should be out in a matter of days.

So now we just need everybody to use the newest version of NoCheat.. but that ain't easy.. a lot of guys are still using Q2ace because of all the nice features it has.. NEWSFLASH! NoCheat has all the same features and some more, so that's not a good excuse. Then there's the guys using AprQ2.. I really don't know what to do with those.. sure it has some nice feats. but it has no Anti-Cheat measures what so ever.. :roll: Just get NoCheat, ok?

Just my 2 cents..
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

hurray for Morpher (my personal God).

took a while tho :)

[@Morpher] im posting in the nocheat thread now

[@Morpher] but i have to write some 2 pages about it :D
ok?

... 30mins later

* @Den` pimps Morpher

[@Morpher] :)

[@Morpher] still writing

..... 2hrs later

[@Morpher] still writing

:roll:

hehe nah jokes, it took about 20 mins total.

anyway im glad frkq2 is helping NiceAss to create a better nocheat version. mayby its good when he continue's hacking nocheat coz then they will improve nocheats cheat protection again and again and hopefully ppl will stop using cheats in aq :(
Last edited by Den on Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

If several different ppl were hacking NoCheat it would be good to improve the anti-cheat.. but when it's only this one dude, I'd actually rather saw him just fuck off. It's not like any other dude would step up and make another hack.. or at least I don't think so.. you never know about those .fi dudes ;)
Last edited by Clement on Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

nah. more ppl means no control. ye of course it would b the best to tell him to fuck off :)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Morpher wrote:We (admins of the Boomtown servers) have found another, foolproof, way to detect if someone is using the hack (all credit goes out to Mysteryman:)). It is a simple check, done by rcon, which I won't make public.
tell it in the eaql admin forums so that the admins know how to do it :roll:

Morpher wrote:NoCheat has all the same features and some more, so that's not a good excuse.
it still fucks up the sensitivity :(
I don't give a shit.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

i think its great news that the hacker is helping make the nocheat client 'hackproof'. if its anything like q2ace, where st0rm1x was the main person cracking it (and probably the best), then nocheat will be the best anti cheat out there

nice posts btw morph :)
I don't give a shit.
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

Thank you, and yeah, it is like that. This dude, I won't mention his name here because there might be some greedy .nl ppl looking ;), is pretty much to be compared with storm1x.
Last edited by Clement on Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.