WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Maniac-
joined the game

Post by Maniac- »

Morpher wrote:
indey wrote:The others are, that some servers are pretty sucky (not BT, if u forget that its running NCserver, yeah i cannot cheat ofcourse!!! No, really.. It bugs, sometimes ppl dissappear before they shouldn't, and so on, it's REALLY annoying)

Really indey.. it came down to a choice between enforcing NoCheat on the Boomtown servers (through some buggy unofficial q2admin version) and running NCServer.

We do know that NCServer doesn't stop all cheats, but atm, there's no public wallhack that works on the Boomtown servers. You may or may not be in possesion of some über hack, that you claimed some weeks ago that Maniac was [edit] probably [/edit] able to produce (not saying that he has), but I can't seem to care. The servers aren't there for you 1337 haXxors to play on.. We care about the bigger community, and we just want the servers to be as cheat-free as possible. This is acquired by running NCServer.. guess you just have to live with it tbh.
indey meant that NCServer sucks because sometimes player models disappear before they shouldnt when they are going to behind the corners etc. and not that it isnt a 100% proof of nocheating. This is because NCServer stop sending model information to a client which client cant see, so client doesnt even know they even are there so wh is useless. But like Bryce have sayed there isnt a 100% proof of stopping wallhack as long as server sends foodstep sound to client (which can modify to get player position and draw the player model), but i dont know or even think that there is any wallhacks that do this, which is a good thing.

There is also a option in NCServer to disable foodstep sounds to players which you cant see and then it would be 100% proof but then aq2 wouldnt be same game any more (you cant hear player coming behind a corner etc.).

But yes, NCServer is good that it disables wallhacks, but bad that it drops normal players (who dont cheat) game experience when sometimes models disappear before they shouldnt.

I dont know if this disappearing hapents to you who have less than 30 ping, but atleast for me and indey.

And no, i dont think than i can produce hack. I havent tried and i dont care.
blissard
tried to put the pin back in

Post by blissard »

i have over 30 ping, and have never heard of or experienced this disappearing thing you're talking about. btw food = things you eat, foot = the thing at the end of your leg. :o
hehehHEheheHheh GOGOGO Head shot !
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

I know what he was talking about Maniac.. I was just trying to explain why we were using NCServer.. and I am aware of the problem with the model disappearing a tiny bit of a second before it's supposed to. But on the other hand, I think that it is a very little price to pay for having an almost wallhack secured server..
Zonic
was flattened

Post by Zonic »

DaNi wrote:We all know M.I uses their good connections to sevearl countries in their advantage :)

likeeee playing on edome vs :own: and playing on boomtown vs finnish clans so they have ping advantage vs everyone :p
Please explain to me why we should play important tournament games with pingDISadvantage on all maps?

OwN had pingavg 25 at BoomTown while we had 35-40. On eDome we had pingavg 35 while OwN had 45.

UNi had pingavg 20-25 at eDome while we had 35. And our ping were almost equal at BoomTown(we had like 5 in ping better).
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

Please stop cheating Zonic.
Blizzeh

Post by Blizzeh »

gotta love those good for nothing ping discussions :sleep:
Steckz
plummets to its death

Post by Steckz »

I think bliz is right,

altho a lot of people in this topic give good critisism about the finish, i know that it will lead to nothing, so im just gonna agree on most opinions and thats it :D
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
taulutussi
blew up

Post by taulutussi »

Lets just love each other

./me huggles everybody :m00:
Gotta knock a little harder...
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Just about that model disappearing thingie. Yes, I have this problem too (~70 ping at BT servers) and i think most ppl with ping >50 have it. Atleast slovenians have...
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Everyone has it, whatever the ping.
I don't give a shit.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

i dont have it :santa:
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
DaNi
is legless

Post by DaNi »

taulutussi wrote:Lets just love each other

./me huggles everybody :m00:

hah its been 3 times now that u added a cw with gsbot, and when i came and ask u said. .fi only!

and i have the modeldissapearing thingy too.. ahwell never bothered me.

It occurs to me that alot of people think i have a problem with finnish people, so i like to state for the record:

I have absolutely notihng against finnish people, if it seemed like i did then im sorry bout that. The only thing i detest is the racisme as i like to call it, wich is starting to be more and more accepted.

Enjoy without expectations, then you will have no disappointment. Pain is temporary...pride is forever.

siete tutti dei gay figli di puttana
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

dont u lie boy!
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
taulutussi
blew up

Post by taulutussi »

DaNi wrote:
hah its been 3 times now that u added a cw with gsbot, and when i came and ask u said. .fi only!
I'm sorry 8<

I still love you :shock:
Gotta knock a little harder...
El_Senator
is connecting

Post by El_Senator »

I don't play against foreigners because I don't get along with them. It's that simple in my case. Like I've played lets say only 5 matches without whine, camping or any other lame stuff against foreigners. :I
:|