Problem with AQ2

Forum for anything hard- or software related.

Moderator: Moderators

Sulfate
sank like a rock

Post by Sulfate »

:(...i have tried couple of things, but the problem is still here :(..nobody knows something? :D, software pwnz btw
Nobody Likes Us We Dont Care!
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

just wait till you tried opengl :shocker:
Sulfate
sank like a rock

Post by Sulfate »

thats just the point, my 3d dont work because that fault...
blissard
tried to put the pin back in

Post by blissard »

so you have 2d quake? wow, what's it like? :)
hehehHEheheHheh GOGOGO Head shot !
Sulfate
sank like a rock

Post by Sulfate »

ha ha ha, lol (not), 3d = openGL, i hate this fault dammit :(....i cant play aq2 like i always do :(
ivO
joined the game

Post by ivO »

I had the same problem with the same message all the time. The problem is your chipset of the motherboard i guess. I had a wierd chipset on mine named ALI and it needed just the chipset driver (AGP DRIVER). So just get ur latest chipset driver at your motherboard's homepage or directly from the manufacturer of the chipset (via, ali etc....) and it should help you. Afterwards try the latest graphic card driver. Good luck
FewLeh
is connecting

Post by FewLeh »

i had exactly the same problem and i dont remember how i fixed it. i blame dope. sorry :)
I'm lovin' it
nine
sank like a rock

Post by nine »

h0h0h, software 320*340 pwns! :rambo:
sug balle
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

deAdly wrote:I had the same problem with the same message all the time. The problem is your chipset of the motherboard i guess. I had a wierd chipset on mine named ALI and it needed just the chipset driver (AGP DRIVER). So just get ur latest chipset driver at your motherboard's homepage or directly from the manufacturer of the chipset (via, ali etc....) and it should help you. Afterwards try the latest graphic card driver. Good luck

Hmm - that might solve my freezing problems too :)

Now to a newb-question: How do I find out what chipset im on, and where do I dl the drivers ? :)
ivO
joined the game

Post by ivO »

check the manual, if u dont have it search for ur motherboard on the manufacturer's homepage and check the specifications there or download the manual as pdf ( on the asus homepage they had some kind of library of old motherboards).It should also be written on the chip itself if u open ur pc. U can download the chipset drivers directly from its manufacturer. I just have heard of Intel, VIA and ALI chipsets, but i am no hardware geek so good luck. It solved my problem cause without that driver my agp port couldnt work properly (gl failures, crashes, freezes, swap buffer failed messages etc.......)
Sulfate
sank like a rock

Post by Sulfate »

fixed guys thnx for your help.... i also got my own 3d-card back from st00pid leadtek :P

and sovnig, just go to the site of the company who made you mainboard ;) but deadly explained clear as well :)
hage
was flattened

Post by hage »

Or you can simply boot your pc and on the first screen it shows the brand of chipset mostly. Further you can check the hardware tab in windows under my computer.

If you have VIA use:

http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2

For SIS use:

http://download.sis.com/index_step1.php