Keygrip2

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Steckz
plummets to its death

Keygrip2

Post by Steckz »

Dunno, if there is anyone else as crazy as i am, to try and modify a demo with keygrip2.

I made a demo when i was playing myself <-- important fact.

I was able to clean the demo, i got rid of the statusbar, messages, weapons, zooming with sniper etc.

I created some camera points so you can view the players. I also have put in some new messages. I tested a lot of other things 2.

The problem is that, if i put in a special effect, like zooming on a point where the player walks away, i get his weapon in the demo again (sniper rifle). This is ofcourse not my intension. I created the zoom by using the keygrip2 option. I'm gonna try doing it manually, will cost a lot more effort tho :roll:

I know that if i hadnt made the demo myself, i wouldnt be facing this prob, but i hope someone of you mebbe knows how to fix it 8)
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

I'd love to help, but Keygrip has always crashed my machine, so I've given up.. :(
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

*blink* *blink* read the docs! or their forums :) or google it
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Steckz
plummets to its death

Post by Steckz »

Well i already did that, and found every piece of information there was about the subject, but sadly it was not there :(

Im still hoping that on of you knows it, or mebbe finds it (doubt that youll find it). Looking at the number of reactions it looks like not a lot of people know somethin about it :roll:
Moose
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Moose »

don't know if this is any help to you but it sure has some usefull information for those wishing to make some aq2 movies.. check it out ->

http://www.aq2suomi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1867
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

Hmz. that sounds weird. I have never had that problem and i am working alot with keygrip2. sorry, cant help you. Btw, if you are from germany i have a tutorial for u... I have been seeking english tutorials for kg2 but i only found one in german :) and since i am from sweden that wont help me :p

Anyways, i think i have it somewhere :9

-Arild
Steckz
plummets to its death

Post by Steckz »

Well im not german, altho i speak some and understand "a lot" of it :)

But i agree, its indeed a bit of a weird prob, it doesnt make sense..., mebbe the tutorial could help altho they mostly never really discuss a lot about adding special effects, and more specificly, about the problems that could occur.