Reaction Quake3

Talk about your favourite video-games and modifications here.

Moderator: Moderators

kaaos
blew itself up

Reaction Quake3

Post by kaaos »

I wonder why nobody has posted about this great mod.

as you might know reaction quake3 is action quake2 converted to quake3. the name is not action quake3 since it's not made by the a-team. a-team was asked to make action quake2 for quake3's engine but they didn't want to. some action quake2's fans started making this mod for quake3 and reaction quake3 was born.

some people say that it's sucks and it's nothing like aq2 but I beg to differ. I think they're very much alike, of course there are some difference in the physics but it's only because of it's made on quake3's engine. as far as I know there might be even new weapons coming to rq3 in the future since there has been polls about them. rq3 has many of aq2's maps and good new ones too.

reaction quake3 can be downloaded from www.reactionquake3.com and if you got something to ask try the forums there.

new players are really needed since clans stop playing and players quitting because there are't much players. I think that it's quite odd, how come new players will come if people keep quitting because of lack of the players.
THEIR WHITE FLAGS ARE NO MATCH FOR OUR MACHINEGUNS
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

i just dont like the feeling of quake3. For realistic mods its ok but the rest no :/

There used to be a ActionQuake3, while they were still workin on AHL, but stopped it after the beta. They diddnt like the q3a engine and moved on to AUT and now AUT2k3 if i recall corectly
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Hirchart
blew itself up
In-game Name: Hirchart

Post by Hirchart »

since i am banned at AQ2, and i dont got the game anymore i am very active at RQ3, playing it for 6/5 months now. But so many servers are unused, should be more aq2ers playing rq3 anyway
Your favorite asshole in AQ2 since '99
Hawaii
blew up

Post by Hawaii »

i played rq3 for a while... a clan Mop if i recall correctly.. and another clan starting with an A or soemthing :) there tag was some thing with yello and red.... anyway.. its a pretty good mod but i quited because : - Not enough good server

- not enough nice players

- sucky maps , only the original aq2 maps and some other maps were cool but most of the maps : CRAP!
Mario pwns yo ass so dont fuck with this guy!!!
Hirchart
blew itself up

Post by Hirchart »

thats really crap, the most maps played are sludge, urban1/2/3. teamjungle and 2 not AQ2 maps that are kinda cool. And almost all players are Old or Still AQ2-ers, and they only like the AQ2 maps
Zonic
was flattened

Post by Zonic »

RQ3?
Hirchart
blew itself up

Post by Hirchart »

last days Jizlt is very active again, so thats kinda fun
Vermin
plummets to its death

Post by Vermin »

Imo RQ3 is totally useless. AQ2 is better in everything except for graphics and that can be also seen as a positive thing since many AQ2 players still have old computers (like my p3 500mhz 128mb voodoo3 3k). The only trick for RQ3 is to get many totally new players, those who haven't played AQ2 but I hope that won't ever happen since it could kill AQ2. I've tried RQ3 and it's not the same as AQ2 at all... and I don't want to lose AQ2, the only game that I play. But anyway, RQ3 revolution doesn't seem to be happening :)
Zonic
was flattened

Post by Zonic »

Devirus wrote:Du e smart Zonic :)
:)
kaaos
blew itself up

Post by kaaos »

something new for the rq3 folks, few peeps have opened "Quake up North" ladder for rq3 clans. the website can be found from here: http://serskeland.servequake.com/qn

maybe this will give a boost to the small rq3 scene and even some new clans (and players naturally) will show up.
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

Is that ladder 4on4? We might sign up with c0w then...
*hali*
kaaos
blew itself up

Post by kaaos »

I don't think that it counts how many players are playing, four might be the maximum though but I don't know. ask from #qn.ladder.
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

Rq3's got weird physics.

And the community sux ass, there's some nice people out there ofcourse, but the most of them are 10 year-olds. At least the ones on public servers.

I mean, I was hungry for a game of rq3 last sunday. Played 10 mins, and got kicked 'cuz I was too good and bcuz I corrected a guy spelling my name wrong.

Today I played 10 mins of rq3 and got kicked bcuz I didnt feel like running out on the open street on urban while bandaging.

I mean... wtf ? O_o
A good discussion is like a miniskirt; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to pertain interest
//Splinter