Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

JA3k1z
joined the game

Axion Quake 2 v1.02 (newer)

Post by JA3k1z »

updated january 12 2004

Now here is the NEW version:

http://www.earthquakegaming.com/C4/AQ2.rar

It is 54MB, and includes 3 new maps (sludge1;rok;RIOT)

Here are the only screenshots that work:

http://forums.earthquakegaming.com/?m=T ... m=6&id=545

(All of those maps and weapon skins included)

I highly advise running it with NOCHEAT. You can run it with anything else, but I personally think all other Q2 engine "enhancers" mess up the game.

This isn't some crazy mod of AQ2. It is AQ2.

Now if you just want the textures download this, and replace the pak files with the originals in your Action folder. It should work completely fine, but make backups to be safe. It is even easier to just run it from the "Axion" folder, but your choice. All autoexec.cfgs will work as well, so don't worry.

I hope it is clear now what this is, and you give it a shot. Please let me know of bugs, additional suggestions.

-Jae
Last edited by JA3k1z on Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

I locked the other two topics about this subject.

It's looking great again, although I think there are only people who already play AQ2 on this forum, so they probably won't be too happy about downloading AQ2 all over again. AQ2 is already dying for a couple of years now and I hardly see any new players playing this game either, but I understand your choice to make it more "newbie" friendly. It's just a bit more work for the others now ;)

If you only want the new 32bit textures just download AQ2.rar and unpack the pak files (axion/baseq2/pak1.pak and pak2.pak) to some place and rename them to pak#.pak where # are the first free numbers of pakfiles available. After you've done that, place them into your action folder and you're ready to go.

And yes... it works with nocheat! :o
Last edited by Kurupt on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*hali*
JA3k1z
joined the game

Post by JA3k1z »

Well it was dying, but I have been getting a lot of RA3 players into it and they are eating it up. It is "noob friendly" but if your like me and you only play AQ2 this is the perfect download. I know a lot of vets that are using it and they are giving me great feedback.

I actually just finished riot, and it looks better than I would have hoped for. And rok wasn't very hard to do since it uses tj textures that were already there. Unfortunatly plaza is so textured b0rked I don't want to even start on it yet. The guy that made it used like 9 texture folders from other maps and it is going to be a pain to do :O.

I see a lot of AQ2 players on all sorts of channels on IRC... I got #AQ2 on gamesnet if you guys wan't to idle in there too. Quakenet is dead, so you guys should consider moving as well. Or let's make it official?

Anyway this game is far from dead. Still a lot of great talent on OGL, and this forum has a pretty good gathering of AQ2 players. Just need to keep pimping it, and it will make a come back.

word.
kaaos
blew itself up

Post by kaaos »

JA3k1z wrote:I see a lot of AQ2 players on all sorts of channels on IRC... I got #AQ2 on gamesnet if you guys wan't to idle in there too. Quakenet is dead, so you guys should consider moving as well. Or let's make it official?

Anyway this game is far from dead. Still a lot of great talent on OGL, and this forum has a pretty good gathering of AQ2 players. Just need to keep pimping it, and it will make a come back.

over 200 idlers daily at #aq2suomi (finnish aq2 channel) and Quakenet itself is the largest IRC network there is. www.aq2suomi.com has 1720 registered users (ok, maybe like 1/3 them play often but anyway) and it's forum is at least four times more active than aq2world's - so you really don't have a clue. and about that "come back" - it never went anywhere, at least not here in europe, so you're preaching to the wrong fellas.

and yeah, as Kurupt said it would be nice to just download those textures separately, I already have tga textures to a lot of those maps you've made and they are great (not crappy as you mentioned in the last thread, there are like 3 different versions) so it would be nice to just download sludge1's textures for example.
THEIR WHITE FLAGS ARE NO MATCH FOR OUR MACHINEGUNS
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

if you only want s1, just download it.. get pak2.pak and open it with pakexplorer and remove all other maps except s1.. or move the s1 folder to another pakfile in you action dir, quite simple ;)
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

aq noob friendly? u must be joking :) q2 is unfriendly, no help, no ingame gui thing etc

Quakenet is dead? What? Why u say that?

currently online users

Quakenet: 180,494

GamesNET: 32,662

qnet is just bad for u coz ur in a diff. timezone :P

ppl have been saying that aq is dying for like 4/5 yrs now so this is well :sleep:
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

keep up the good work JA3k1z!

i see new aq2 players. i also see something fun. lately everyone is working to keep the game in shape - maps, anti-cheat, tournaments, cups, sites, textures, installations and so on.

...also. thumbs up for the finnish aq2 community.
Stim
sank like a rock

Post by Stim »

It's nice work.

Shame you had to end the other thread so abruptly. I do know a lot about how to use quake 2 having played it for 4 years or so - the thing which threw me was the fact that you had only mentioned axion.exe on the site, and as I didnt realise how nocheat checked paks etc, figured that an installation of different textures/whatever may mess things up.

Still, I dont see any mention of nocheat on the site (might be an idea to add that in... not just in the forum as you have done) as it's required to play on the uk server and possibly others.
DaNi
is legless

Post by DaNi »

Been using it for a day now, and i love it.

My old q2 was buggin like hell.

I only had to tweak some stuf in it like old paks and cfg's and now works like a charm.
Enjoy without expectations, then you will have no disappointment. Pain is temporary...pride is forever.

siete tutti dei gay figli di puttana
JA3k1z
joined the game

Post by JA3k1z »

re-download it if you want riot and rok and a few bug fixes-\

(riot came out incredible btw!)

Thanks for all the feedback and tell me what you would like to see in the next version :).

-jae
Haudrauf
tripped on its own grenade

Post by Haudrauf »

Is this just another map retexturizing project?

It's using NoCheat, so it's not a client change - so you are just using NoCheats features while making some "new" pakfiles with textures?
ImageOwner of http://aq2maps.quadaver.org
Not part of #aq2admins for a reason.
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

you could download it and find out yourself, mr detective!
Last edited by Kurupt on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*hali*
JA3k1z
joined the game

Post by JA3k1z »

I like how he just assumed what it was, and didn't read what I explained it was in the other 2 threads :\...

I would explain it again, but I don't like rude a$$holes who plaque threads with NEGATIVE comments.

:hop:
ToMMics
found a way out

Post by ToMMics »

its haui :sleep:
Haudrauf
tripped on its own grenade

Post by Haudrauf »

its tommics
ImageOwner of http://aq2maps.quadaver.org
Not part of #aq2admins for a reason.