Axion Quake 2 v1.02 (newer)

Forum for Skins, Maps, Configs etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

Haudrauf
tripped on its own grenade

Post by Haudrauf »

I read the other threads before I posted the very above message. All I got from it is, that it's just the thing I "assumed".

I asked myself, whether I should download it - and came to the conclusion, that I already have a copy of aq2 with which I am satisfied.

I appreciate the other features which make it very easy for newbies to join a server and make things - still, a mr. detective has not to download things.

I would explain it again, but I don't like rude a$$holes who plaque threads with NEGATIVE comments.
Nice comment. Must be a positive one - i "assume".
ImageOwner of http://aq2maps.quadaver.org
Not part of #aq2admins for a reason.
Rallu
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Rallu »

Nice indeed... Just that I have made downloadable _very_ easy to setup package already 1½ years ago ;)

It's making buttons to startup and things like that (autoexec has way

too much comments for even n00bs to understand) and it has several clients to work with... Currently I'm working with retexturing player skins

(got skyterr last night almost ready) and I have been making some

map texturing for while now...

Hmm... I have idea. Why not merge our projects? I have made packet, site, help files, almost everything except textures...

and something about weapon textures... looks nice, but why haven't you raised texture resolution in weapons so that it would look way much better?

My project http://action.marsmodule.com

-Rallu
MikuzA
joined the game

Post by MikuzA »

Merging aq2install and axion quake would be nice :) :hop:
Oon tomaattikastikkeen läski mansikkarahka
JA3k1z
joined the game

Post by JA3k1z »

Definatly possible, but my version runs nocheat, and unfortunatly doesn't allow the player skins to be altered... However perhaps making a few new skins and have bryce add them in would be something to consider as well.

I wanted to keep nocheat in, but I was also even considering a Q2e like project as well.

But if you have a new GUI I would DEFINATLY be interested in seeing it. AQ2 seriously needs a MP menu as well as the bindable keys you were talking about.

I'm in #AQ2 on gamesnet if you wan't to chat...

-jae
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

The TGA skins made by Rallu do work with NoCheat...
*hali*
Rallu
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Rallu »

Yes my skins works with nocheat too... Just needs to have NoCheatGl or something like that. (I personally HATE THAT &/"#(%# NoCheat so don't ask anymore about that from me)

But you got wrong my project.... It's about making install system which makes it EASY to n00bie to just go and start playing the dam game. I ain't making any clients (even tho I could) becouse those are taking way too much time and effort which I can use much more better things... like retexturing.

For a server browsing problem I would direct new users to use ASE or GameSpy. With some basic tutorials on using those or something like that.
Cogni
is connecting

Post by Cogni »

The link is no longer valid. Is there any other place to download? Could someone upload it? O_o
Serra
JA3k1z
joined the game

Post by JA3k1z »

http://slacker.home.cosmic-cow.net/files/axion/

Here you go, sorry about this. I got a ton of emails requesting this. More mirrors would be appreciated!

Keep AQ2in.
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

Does .tga pictures work with axion q2 ?
A good discussion is like a miniskirt; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to pertain interest
//Splinter
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

Axion Q2 is _not_ a new client.. it's NoCheat with a bunch of new graphics..
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

Does nocheat work with .tga pictures ? :)
A good discussion is like a miniskirt; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to pertain interest
//Splinter
SoLiDuZ
Worst clanmate of 2005

Post by SoLiDuZ »

with .tga yes but .png no
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

So how do I make it read my .tga scope properly?
//Splinter
Mjr
plummets to its death

Post by Mjr »

just load axion.exe or else play with vid_ref "ncgl"
slacker
plummets to its death

Post by slacker »

wow.. i didnt realise that you were still working on project axion, JA3k1z. good to see that you're continuing the good work. my dream is to one day see a complete standalone aq2 client package that works with all maps and still looks good. and i think project axion is keeping the "looking good" standard high at the cost of doing things slowly, so props to you.

if you need mirroring for axion email me. i can arrange to have v1.02 put up.

also for those of you querying about aq2 needing fool proof menus, ltktbm has already implemented that -> http://ltktbm.moddb.com/ <- the developer, mSparks, implemented it by hacking the q2ice source.