Brightskins / Gloweskins

Pimpin new players? Started a new clan? Do you dislike a player or a clan? Post it all here.

Moderator: Moderators

Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

Hawaii wrote:
Jazzie wrote:People that agree with me, cool!

I thought cw's were alot better here in scandinavia while we were still using terror and resdog models. just using the norse models would be ok? They were standard cw/cup models back in the days.

In realy dark maps... the resdog are in advantage because the opposite side ( terror ) hardly see them. The ctf skin are more fair in that opinion. And that they are 2 bright... Im sorry i dont share that opinion with you

I must agree it has to be fair for both sides but using ctf skin isnt allways the answer. here are 2 examples:

1. ctf_b on airport are almost impossible to see.

2. ctf_r on rok are also not that good to see.

I personally dont think it's that big of a problem since u just have to concentrate better at seeing them and this will be good for your playing.
kaaos
blew itself up

Post by kaaos »

I've never had problems spotting any skin in any map if dark places not counted.
THEIR WHITE FLAGS ARE NO MATCH FOR OUR MACHINEGUNS
Hawaii
blew up

Post by Hawaii »

Repsaj wrote:
Hawaii wrote:
Jazzie wrote:People that agree with me, cool!

I thought cw's were alot better here in scandinavia while we were still using terror and resdog models. just using the norse models would be ok? They were standard cw/cup models back in the days.

In realy dark maps... the resdog are in advantage because the opposite side ( terror ) hardly see them. The ctf skin are more fair in that opinion. And that they are 2 bright... Im sorry i dont share that opinion with you

I must agree it has to be fair for both sides but using ctf skin isnt allways the answer. here are 2 examples:

1. ctf_b on airport are almost impossible to see.

2. ctf_r on rok are also not that good to see.

I personally dont think it's that big of a problem since u just have to concentrate better at seeing them and this will be good for your playing.

True about the airport thing. But on rok i never had problems spotting a red ctf
Mario pwns yo ass so dont fuck with this guy!!!
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

Of course it has to be fair, but I can't see the fun in not being able to hide anywhere. A few years ago when we played with "the edome skins" (probably just since matchmode wasn't there so we couldn't even change them) It was actually possible to hide. Seeing it as it is now, you see your enemies, even if you're using gl_modulate 0.2 and intensity 1. You don't have a chance at spotting the contours of the map, but your enemies, they are as shining as always. That's an exaggeration but it's sort of that opinion I have, in a less radical way. Seems like people thought that I wanted one skin to be blue/white and the other one to be pitch black. That was not what I meant.
fell in love with the game
nine
sank like a rock

Post by nine »

I like the orginal terror/skyterr and male/resdog
sug balle
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

Those skins are nice and realistic but they are probably to unfair.
CorQ
is connecting

3 skins of each

Post by CorQ »

I think it should be same skin, but 2 different colours like ctf. But it should be 3 colours or more of each kind. Then the clan that has the homemap chooses the other teams skins, then the other other team chooses the homemappers skin. In that way it would be more fair.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

Exactly, I agree totally that you choose skin on your opponents map. That would make airport at least a bit less dull.
MikuzA
joined the game

Post by MikuzA »

Can someone make male/fair1 male/fair2 male/fair3 and if needed male/fair4 :(

They would use the same kind of coloring as ctf but would have fair colors to choose from :)

for example, Blue, Red, Yellow ööh,, green? :) dunno just suggesting :(
Oon tomaattikastikkeen läski mansikkarahka
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

making them blue red or whatever just spoils the fun. Make them both grayish instead, but althogh easy to recognize. That would be good. And it would also make common sense to play dark maps.
Winball
found a way out

Post by Winball »

make them realistic :>
jæææh
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

MikuzA wrote:Can someone make male/fair1 male/fair2 male/fair3 and if needed male/fair4 :(

They would use the same kind of coloring as ctf but would have fair colors to choose from :)

for example, Blue, Red, Yellow ööh,, green? :) dunno just suggesting :(
LOL :D

Code: Select all

set teamskin male/ctf_r (red)

set teamskin male/ctf_b (blue)

set teamskin male/ctf_g (green)

set teamskin male/ctf_y (yellow)
It pwns :D

No shit, Really!
MikuzA
joined the game

Post by MikuzA »

does ctf_g and ctf_y exist? :O Can't check it because im not home :c
Oon tomaattikastikkeen läski mansikkarahka
Lurre
is connecting

Post by Lurre »

Jazzie wrote:If you don't see the skins, you should use irvision, that's what it's for. I actually think that more items would be used too if the skins/models would be changed. irvision, slippers and silencer is almost pointless when your shirt is made of uranium.

I so agree to that post. Whats the point in using brightskins so that the only items beeing used is laser and kevlar. It would be cool with some nasty gl_modulate, vid_gamma and intensity limits. Maybe me and jazzie wants it more like cs... anything except original values/textures is conciderd as a cheat. Could be worth a try atleast.