Wanted: Quality tournaments!

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Deimos
is connecting

Post by Deimos »

I could create the page for it juan, but like i meantioned last thursday, let's talk about it all :)

I started eaql a while ago and when i somehow got the weird idea in my head to work together with esl it all went wrong and i left "my own" league.. So to be honest, no, whatever happens never do shit with them again :) ESL is the most worst aranged league system..

Anyways, note your wishes, talk to me about it and i'll create the system.. After all, who'd be better to create the site then the person who created the league in the first place :P

Btw, i'm sure that if a page is created and Juan finds some good working admins for it, the eaql will be a succes again, as long as it is meant to be for fun and not like esl is based on money :)
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Will the EAQL enforce the one smiley per paragraph rule you seem to be following? :P

I want that damn nationcup though, especially now there not many regular tournaments...
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Put the smileys down and step away slowly!
I quite liked the first EAQL. Adminning it was fun, coming up with ideas was fun... then everyone got serious. Serious is scary.
I don't give a shit.
mirror
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by mirror »

Deimos wrote: I started eaql a while ago and when i somehow got the weird idea in my head to work together with esl it all went wrong and i left "my own" league.. So to be honest, no, whatever happens never do shit with them again :) ESL is the most worst aranged league system..
wtf.. why is everyone offending esl all the time? i mean ok, its not the best system for a scene like ours, but it works perfectly for really a big amount of other tournaments. theyve done a really nice job till now and they still do.. developing onlinegames in a great way.

btw esl (and decl back in .. 2000?) also worked perfectly when there was still a german cup/league.

i think the problem (concerning eaql) was just that ppl had to arrange things themselves.. like signing up, creating teams, arranging matches etc.. its really NOT complicated but it seems like we're some kind of lazy scene..

well bla bla its over so who gives a damn
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

shut up tom bitch :D
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

NationsCup!!1 :(
DaNi
is legless

Post by DaNi »

i'd say sweden 1, NL 2, finland 3
Enjoy without expectations, then you will have no disappointment. Pain is temporary...pride is forever.

siete tutti dei gay figli di puttana
mirror

Post by mirror »

duja stigi
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

Deimos wrote:After all, who'd be better to create the site then the person who created the league in the first place :P
Ooooooh... sooooo many reasons..

And regarding the AQ2world ladder/cup/tournie, something is in the making.... just go fluffle at den`.
ToMMics
found a way out

Post by ToMMics »

miRRor2a wrote:
Deimos wrote: I started eaql a while ago and when i somehow got the weird idea in my head to work together with esl it all went wrong and i left "my own" league.. So to be honest, no, whatever happens never do shit with them again :) ESL is the most worst aranged league system..
wtf.. why is everyone offending esl all the time? i mean ok, its not the best system for a scene like ours, but it works perfectly for really a big amount of other tournaments. theyve done a really nice job till now and they still do.. developing onlinegames in a great way.

btw esl (and decl back in .. 2000?) also worked perfectly when there was still a german cup/league.

i think the problem (concerning eaql) was just that ppl had to arrange things themselves.. like signing up, creating teams, arranging matches etc.. its really NOT complicated but it seems like we're some kind of lazy scene..
WORD!!!!

.. but its easy too say the system sucks ...
how come esl is the biggest league in esports worldwide. probably because of being the most worst aranged league system..
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

ToMMics wrote: how come esl is the biggest league in esports worldwide. probably because of being the most worst aranged league system..
IE is more used than Firefox
same goes for Windows vs Linux... i rest my case
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
mirror

Post by mirror »

sajh: u got ANY reason for your anti-esl attitude? there have never been ANY problems with the esl until eaql3, and as i said, the problem back then was just lazyness of the participating ppl.

and comparing it with Internetexplorer and windows.. just lol. esl is the biggest league because of its quality.. there are many other leagues out there, but they just dont offer you the features esl can. the dominance of ie/windows has different reasons.

think before you talk thx.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

mirror wrote:and as i said, the problem back then was just lazyness of the participating ppl.
Thank you for your display of ignorance. There were tons of complaints about the ESL system while the EAQL was running, I won't state all of them again. But having rules in the rules that didn't apply is quite dumb as an example. And when even the head admin (DaJuan) thinks something is wrong, it's time to switch system.
Examples of bad things about ESL
- The Rules (not the rules in itself but the way they were written)
- The Warning System
- The Website

Of course there were probably some things that were gooda bout it but I'd say that the negative stuff weigh over by a good margin.
fell in love with the game
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

miRRor2a wrote:sajh: u got ANY reason for your anti-esl attitude? there have never been ANY problems with the esl until eaql3, and as i said, the problem back then was just lazyness of the participating ppl.

and comparing it with Internetexplorer and windows.. just lol. esl is the biggest league because of its quality.. there are many other leagues out there, but they just dont offer you the features esl can. the dominance of ie/windows has different reasons.

think before you talk thx.
I compared it with IE and Windows since tommic, or whoever it was, more or less said "if many people use its, its good". and when you say that esl didnt work for us since we are lazy you more or less dont have a need for me to even partake in this discussion as that is a valid reason for us not to use esl. We are lazy, esl isnt for lazy ppl. HENCE esl is not for us :) feel free to give me more arguments as to why we shouldnt use esl, much easier if you do it for me.

And i second everything jazzie just wrote.
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
cheef
blew itself up

Post by cheef »

DaNi wrote:i'd say sweden 1, NL 2, finland 3
+ .AUT

This time we should try have fair pings on the server!
most of the .fi players got ping 20 on homeserver and ping 30-40 on .at server where ourself got ping 50 :/

fair would be to compute the difference of the avarage-team-ping and play on fair servers.

ping over 100 ms isn't skill anymore!