Wanted: Quality tournaments!

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

sajh
is legless

Wanted: Quality tournaments!

Post by sajh »

Are there any tournaments/cups comming up in which there arent any weird rules about maps or weapons :)? Would be nice with a tournament with the "usual cw rules". Anyone know if such a thing is comming?
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

I couldnt agree more. Thou I dont know shit about any upcoming tournaments right now. I'll gladly help out with 'stuff' if needed, I'm sure many more would do the same if something is coming up.
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

yea.. even i would consider helping out, thats how desperate i am :P
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Late
is connecting

Post by Late »

The problem in tournaments are the clans that participate and then dont play. Its been like that always and will be... If someone arranges a tourny make sure that you have a plan what to do to the inactive clans or the clans that just dont play eventho they have people and the other clan wants to play...
Lta'sC
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

I think everyone is busy with Christmas and the website. Look out for stuff after the new year.

In the mean time there are a few things that can keep you busy -
#aq2.cup - This is a public cup, school yard style team picking, held on Sundays and Wednesdays I think. Usually takes place on Danish servers.

#pickup.aq2 - A Pickup channel. Add your name and a game will start once they have enough people. This is an ongoing thing and happens whenever there is enough people. Takes place on German servers.

Please message me if I have got anything wrong, or if there's anything else to add. Now I have a question. What ever happened to AQ2on2?
Last edited by Clown on Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a shit.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Late wrote:The problem in tournaments are the clans that participate and then dont play. Its been like that always and will be... If someone arranges a tourny make sure that you have a plan what to do to the inactive clans or the clans that just dont play eventho they have people and the other clan wants to play...
This is why a ladder might be a good idea. If you are inactive, you lose points and drop down the ladder.
I don't give a shit.
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Late wrote:The problem in tournaments are the clans that participate and then dont play. Its been like that always and will be... If someone arranges a tourny make sure that you have a plan what to do to the inactive clans or the clans that just dont play eventho they have people and the other clan wants to play...
"If you do not play the game in the week in which its scheduled, your clan will be banned from all public and clanwar servers"
:)
whine...<br />
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

flawless sajh.

for the record i would also like a regular torunament of some kind, the only active ones now are like highlander.

and cott2 is coming up after christmas?
fell in love with the game
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Maybe AQ2World should make a ladder - similar to AQ2Suomi's perhaps?
Members and clans r already registered on the page, so it would be a bit easier to control everything. The registered clans should just signup for it and there u go.
It could also make AQ2World a bit more active, more players and clans would register etc.
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

If we, EAQL, have a website with full php acces for admins we could do another tournament.. so if you are interested, just msg me.
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

but but but ... he said quality tournaments! ;)

ik ook van jou juannetje!
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Isn't there already a ladder on Clanbase? I wouldn't mind playing Americans - it would be fun.
I don't give a shit.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

I think we would have a way better result if we constructed our own league on www.aq2world.com, seeing as both major tournies that have used either clanbase(naql) or esl-europe(eaql) have had troubles.
fell in love with the game
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

would be better to avoid clanbase and esl... so thats its a tournament over which we have full control.. and dony have to rely on some damn cs-fecker, or an evil of equal level, to update :p
whine...<br />
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

sajh wrote:would be better to avoid clanbase and esl... so thats its a tournament over which we have full control.. and dony have to rely on some damn cs-fecker, or an evil of equal level, to update :p
thats why we (or i), eaql, said we dont wanna use esl. I joined the eaql as headadmin meanwhile everything was organized, esl was set up and everything.. so there was no way back. thats why i said after it was finally finnised.. the next tourney has to be with an own website that we can control.