Rules in actionquake?

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

Gepardi wrote:Words of wisdom
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :attack: :attack: :attack:

\o/ 500th post \o/
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

kiwi ftw
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

About ff. If AQ and a radar like cs, then yes. Becuse there is no why to know if it is a teamate that is rouding a coner or a enemy. AQ isin't so much a team game as cs and bf. it's fast rush spray kill! so no on ff.

And please don't say that it's more realistic..... ffs speedjumping jumping of rooftops and don't die becuse some voice haven't said action.... yaaaaa it's realistic..
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Frkq2 got Radar - Let's all install it pls.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

I used a radar designed for gloom. It only showed people who I could see in my FOV, so it was pointless really.
I don't give a shit.
Gepardi
melted

Post by Gepardi »

Luv u too Birdie & Repsaj. :-D

Offtopic, so sorry.
Gepardi /pr0
#clan.pr0 @ QNet » http://koti.mbnet.fi/warjo/pr0/
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

offtopic

ok kiwii, that avatar owns.. i own that show legally on VHS :) its TEH ounage
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
bliz
A FOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post by bliz »

:: Offtopic ::

Heheheh you have? man, you have to make copies of it and spread it around the world again!

I used to watch it -alot- a looooong time ago, alongside those 'Zelda' cartoons heheheehe :P

:: Ontopic ::

About what Angra said regarding 'FF'. It is a fast rush & spray kill game as you so likely call it, but even with 'FF' it could still be the same way. The only thing you have to worry about now is to be more careful where you aim on while running in a fast rush & spray killing frenzy. So I don't think it would harm this fast-paced game at all if the option would be enabled at all times, except on publics of course. And since everyone wants to win a clanwar, with FF on it is really more about the skills than the ping I think, mostly because you have to 'team' with your teamies even more. If you give me ping 15 then ok, screw FF and let me run like a little rambo (not you db!) aiming for every sound I come across but since I hardly ever witnessed such an amount of ping I think FF might be a neat addition (note: in clanwars!) to even up the odds. + If you're in a skilled clan with nothing but skilled members then it won't be so hard with FF enabled to play the game 'fast' and not like i.e. CounterStrike-ly waiting around - it'll seperate ze boiz from ze men! :P

I do enjoy the game with no FF on, I really do. But we could always organise a sort of - Periodically FriendlyFire Week - in the AQ2 scene to test out if it really is that much different than without it. Or an FF-league? mehehehe.. anyways, I like the game either way - so the best way to keep the game rolling is to just leave it like this without screwing around with dmflags etc, I never cared for that anyways. ;)
R.I.P. Double Negative 2005-2008
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

with FF on it is really more about the skills than the ping I think
I think you need to go back to bed and sleep some more..
I'm not i the mood to write a long shit now. so i just say, some ppl like it and some ppl don't. i can live with it.
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
bliz
A FOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post by bliz »

Oh booooo, don't take it all literal and personal! What do you think about skills then that makes my 'thought' about FF sound so ridiculous to you? Everyone can run rush someone's ass off (which is totally fun btw) so that's not a bigga deal. FF is coohool!

And like I said in my last statement ----> I like the game either way.

So whatever, it's not like I want to change the way you look. ;)
R.I.P. Double Negative 2005-2008
eLDORADO
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by eLDORADO »

Totally agree Johan!
:)
Well, so is your mother.
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

No offence, but you might suck with that ping angra, the rest of us might not.
tyldis
sank like a rock

Post by tyldis »

The random CW isn't important. Getting some thought into the rules of the various leagues is very much welcome, though.

We have at least one league which totally lacks rules and is just the regular CW-chaos put into divisions. It would be rather easy creating a server config and league rules that doesn't honour mindless rushing on one map and hopeless camping on the other.

A league or perhaps just a cup with a set of predefined, wellknown maps accompanied with sane settings and score calculations would show who is the better AQ2 team. Right now it's all about developing *one* rush tactic on a completely unknown map, hoping to score enough rounds to win the total by camping on the opponent's map.

Of course, I'm just an angry old man yelling at the kids who steal my apples.

On a side note; 'Coupling' rocks. Best thing since 'Men Behaving Badly'. Wish they would air 'Game On' again also.
Down, not across.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

tyldis wrote:A league or perhaps just a cup with a set of predefined, wellknown maps accompanied with sane settings and score calculations would show who is the better AQ2 team. Right now it's all about developing *one* rush tactic on a completely unknown map, hoping to score enough rounds to win the total by camping on the opponent's map.
That's why im hoping the next league will have map wins instead of rounds :)

*sigh* Oh, i miss the aqsl days.

and FF is cool :) and everyone who says it should be off needs to learn to play with it (or learn to aim ;))
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

Den wrote: *sigh* Oh, i miss the aqsl days.
barrysworld rules :D
hehehe
i played in bwaqsl (with 200 ping :() (that is even better then ping i got today.. grrrrrr)

back to the map wins...
i think that today a well organized clan wont loss (or rarely will) the homemap against clans of same division (=quite same strenght).
times ago the third map were decided by the matchadmin, but today (cause there's no ingame admining) the two clans will take accordings before the match, and maybe that will cause misunderstooding at the moment of starting decisive map,so will start on offences and so on for obvious reasons.
things will go even bad if clans take accordings on third map while on the server after the two first map (even here obvious reasons).
by the way, i think that mapwin is best way to play cws, but that can be possible only if clanleaders behave like "adult" ppl.

oh. in league match i think that dmflags should be fixed for everymatch.
on every "league server" should be updated an aqwl config with standard rcon to set it before starting a match... and that is much more simple that "standardizing" every server with same dmflags :D

:attack:
by the way, beavis rulez
:D

edit: oh, ff will be on even in my opinion.
cheers
(thats the second or third "serious" post that i make :D)
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -