Is voice communication within games cheating?

Pimpin new players? Started a new clan? Do you dislike a player or a clan? Post it all here.

Moderator: Moderators

Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

Well, it's sorta impossible ever to make mm3 "illegal".

It's like banning ppl in LAN's from playing, or banning two brothers (or sisters..) from playing in the same clan or against each other.

I mean, if my bro was playing aq2 (and if I had 1) I'm sure we'd say "ATTACK NOW, HE'S BANDAGING" all the tim.

Tho, I think it's only fair to say that u're on some sorta voice communication program if you are - as I think players should tell the other clans very clearly if their are brothers (or sisters..) or not!
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Jazzie wrote:I think someone here missed the point.
Whos point? What point?
I don't give a shit.
goldblade
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by goldblade »

me miss jumps?! never.

suppose it's better than just missing with your shots clowneh :hop:
:D
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

I guess BV was kind of ironic, since his psot didn't make sense at all to his other posts.

[edit]Or perhaps it is I that don't make sense.

Duh, whatever :E[/edit]
fell in love with the game
Deathie-_-

Post by Deathie-_- »

Morpher wrote:Try seeing what dmflags the .fi guys want to use..

256 no ff) 69.39%

Dunno, or we use some other 17.35%

768 (no ff + spawn farthest) 13.27%

There was this poll some weeks ago at aq2suomi.com
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

mm3 is an unfair advantage. Not everybody can use it even if they want to. Some people doesn't have a microphone, and some people get high ping when using mm3.

Therefore I call it a cheat.
Blizzeh

Post by Blizzeh »

bullshit flunx, not everyone has the same pc, not everyone has the same videocard if you know what I mean

some people take the game more serious, so they try out every way to win.

and using mm3 is just one of those advantages. and for the people who use it, it makes the game a lot more fun.
Rallu
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Rallu »

cheat.
Flunx
feels some chest pain

Post by Flunx »

Blizzeh wrote:bullshit flunx, not everyone has the same pc, not everyone has the same videocard if you know what I mean

some people take the game more serious, so they try out every way to win.

and using mm3 is just one of those advantages. and for the people who use it, it makes the game a lot more fun.

That doesn't make sense to me.

mm3 give's you the same advantage as a wallhack does and more. You get to know the other players health and ammo as well.

You say that "some people take the game more serious, so they try out every way to win".

We'll... we've all seen the cheaters haven't we? Some cheaters play to have fun by ruining the game and other cheaters cheat to win. The cheaters that play to win, I like to call the more serious, or too serious gamers. It's possible to have fun without winning.

And that everybody has a different PC and stuff is just a lame excuse.

Here's a lame example: "If I have access to cheats and others don't it's not my fault they can't find/make the stuff!"
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

What about the advantages you get from fps 120? What about people who have money and have monitors that can cope above 60hz so it's not jerky on anything above 60fps? What about the poor people like me who have to use a mouse with frequencies of 20hz and a keyboard that can't press more than one button at a time?

ALMOST EVERYONE in the AQ world has speakers. They can make use of TS in one way or another. At least one guy in a clan will have a microphone, or has £2 to buy a cheap one (mine was free from my cornflakes...) The bandwidth issue is a crap one. In most voice comms programs you can change the amount of bandwidth it takes. You can lower the sound quality although that shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference in a game that was made 10 years ago, hardly even designed with 56k modems in mind. Saying that, I used Roger Wilco while I was on a 56k modem... Just for fun, hardly affected my shit ping there anyway. I know people who use TS on 128/60 connections with BattleField 1942. For those of you that don't know, this is one of the most CPU and bandwidth hungry games around. He copes fine.

Clearly you have to use discretion when using it. Like not using it on a non-limchasecam server and stuff.. Now tell me, how exactly is this an unfair advantage on a proper match server when EVERYONE has access to it? Don't give me that crap about everyone having access to cheats, there are decent people out there who don't want to use them nor need to use them...
I don't give a shit.
Flunx
feels some chest pain

Post by Flunx »

I don't think that it's right or fun to have someone telling you where the opponent are or knowing that the opponent knows exactly where I am.

I think that it's a major part of the game just to locate the enemy.

Even if limchase cam is on you still have more than 2 eyes. You can get lots of usefull info like where weapons and ammo are located around the map.
Zonic
was flattened

Post by Zonic »

I can't believe ppl actually thinks mm3 is cheating.

To compete at a high level in almost every other game you have to use some sort of voice-com, why shouldn't it be like this in AQ?

M.I uses voicecom in tournaments or/and whenever limchasecam 2 is enabled but we don't use it when limchasecam is set to 0(like in normal clanwars, read below).

And for those who hasn't even tried using voice-com... it makes the game alot more fun.

Let's make a poll about using limchasecam instead. I think every game(including normal clanwars) should have limchasecam 2 enabled.

Why? Since more clans actually starts using voice-com, but doesn't tell the opponents about it, and that _is_ cheating when limchasecam is disabled.

True, you can't spectate your opponent to check if he is cheating or not, but tell him to send you his demo afterwards then.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

Just a little question. It seems like many of you agree that mm3 should be ok. I can't say I care. BUT. Have you ever considered the fact that all the "OMG WALLHACK XIIT" demos you post here might be this legal mm3?
fell in love with the game
Flunx
feels some chest pain

Post by Flunx »

Hehe.

Good point you've got there Jazzie.
blissard
tried to put the pin back in

Post by blissard »

flunx, you know that in limchasecam 2 you can only spectate your teammates? so you don't know the position, health or ammo or anything of the enemy. so: mm3 with lcc2 = ok, mm3 with lcc0 = cheat
hehehHEheheHheh GOGOGO Head shot !