Is voice communication within games cheating?

Pimpin new players? Started a new clan? Do you dislike a player or a clan? Post it all here.

Moderator: Moderators

Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Is voice communication within games cheating?

Post by Clown »

Discuss. I'm interested in finding out if you use voice comms or not. Is it cheating or do you find it more of a hinderance to your own game? I'll post my views when I have more time.
I don't give a shit.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

i dont mind ppl using voicecoms, but limchasecam has to b on :P
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

It's not cheating if you tell opponents about it so settings could be made and only teammates can be viewed.
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

No cheat, especially with limchascam on it won't help much. And I think aq2 is too small to really use any voice com.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

It's no cheat... :)
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

WizardExt wrote:It's not cheating if you tell opponents about it so settings could be made and only teammates can be viewed.
*hali*
alekchi
tripped on its own grenade

Post by alekchi »

limchasecam should be always "2" in official cw's and demos required cuz many people might use mm3 these days without telling about it. how would any1 know that I and few my (maybe irl) mates (my crimemates) would use voice com if we would play in same clan, or something .

and I dont think mm3 is cheat, except if you dont tell your opponents about it before game .

hope you realize what i meant .:)
I'm sitting down here but hey, you can't see me.
tuv
is connecting

Post by tuv »

I don't see why you should tell your opponents about it. You're not gonna tell your opponents if you use an m4 or a sniper rifle either, do you?
Kurupt

Post by Kurupt »

No tuv is right, I never tell the opponent i use ratbot either!
*hali*
tuv
is connecting

Post by tuv »

I love it how you always take the piss on a serious subject Kurupt :?
alekchi
tripped on its own grenade

Post by alekchi »

tuv, yeah, but then limchasecam should be always as "2"
I'm sitting down here but hey, you can't see me.
Kurupt

Post by Kurupt »

No you just didn't get my point.
*hali*
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

limchase 2 is a pain in the ass :/ then we got that settled.

And besides, mm3 doesn't give that much help in aq2, it might help you if you're in a 1on1 situation, but then you probably know where your enemy is, if you don't you're probably dead before your brain has analyzed and understood what your mate actually said. I've played on lans a few times when my mates have yelled the enemy's position too me and it just made me confused. BUT, I understand why all of you others want limchase2 on, and I respect it.
fell in love with the game
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Whats mm3? Also, when I made the thread, I had limchasecam 2 on in my mind, I forgot to say it out loud tho :)

I don't think it's a cheat, and I think it's fine to be used in matches (and not in matches, its's funny :)) It's there to be used, so use it for whatever help it can be. I think that if one clan uses it, and the other clan doesn't then that is their problem. I don't think a team should have to forfeit the use of these voice comms just cuz another team doesn't like it.
I don't give a shit.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

mm3 is short for all kinds of "off-quake2" communication, such as rgr wilco, teamspeak, real-life speaking, telephone(!) and similar things.
fell in love with the game