Where are all the downloads?

The infamous forum of spam and anything unrelated to Action Quake2.

Moderator: Moderators

Rob
is connecting

Where are all the downloads?

Post by Rob »

Hi, firstly, thanks for bringing us this website, it looks impressive and brings back a game I was heavily into many years ago.

I'm keen to find a lot of the older action files, and if I had one criticism of your website so far it's that most of your download areas are empty.

Will you be updating this soon? Also, I didn't notice a way to submit files to you? I may have missed it, so please correct me if I'm wrong. I know that I have at least 3 CD's worth of Action Stuff in the loft including the original LTK Bot, with hundreds of route files I wrote when running the LTD Depot at ActionGames (www.actiongames.co.uk/tnn) - a very long time ago, but I'm sure they'll have some use to someone. I think I also have various models, skins and some other bits and bobs.

If you're interested then please let me know, perhaps you could open a temporary FTP area and I could push them all over to you, you're welcome to check them all before making them public.

Anyway, please let me know about your downloads and whether you're interested in any of the files I have as content for your site.

Regards

Rob
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

I think they are lookig for a file server.
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Yeah I think the d/l section is in the works and you just need some patience. If you would like to try and push your goods to someone of the team anyway, visit #aq2world on quakenet.
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
Rallu
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Rallu »

File section has been ready for months now (I coded first version in june if I remember right), but they ain't gonna publish it before they know how much this site uses bandwidth.
Rob
is connecting

Post by Rob »

Hi again,

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately I dont do the 'quakenet' stuff, I have memories of that being typically a lot of teenagers with OP's permissions booting people from chats because, well....you know....same reason they boot players from AQ2 servers....

That aside, if anyone wants to approach me from this site for files they are welcome too - if any of you guys talk to the powers that be here regularly perhaps you could point them to this thread, I'm sure that they can obtain my email address from their system.

In the mean time I'll dig out the CD's and list everything that I have.

Regarding the file server, I might be able to help there too - but again would expect some kinda information regarding the traffic this site already receives.

Talking of that, with regards to the files, most of us obviously already have a AQ2 setup, so it would only be maps (available mostly at AQMD I guess) and then the different weapon models, player models, skins, sound effects I guess - and none of those are typically large files.

In either case I'm contactable if anyone's interested, as I mentioned before the stuff I have will be 'old school' stuff, I stopped playing properly just before I got married in 1999, so there might be some stuff some of the newer AQ2 players haven't even seen!

Oh, and in the mean time, if anyone knows where I can get my hands on the 'vanilla' AQ2 1.52 source code I would be grateful (by vanilla I mean, not the LTKBM, not the TNG, just the traditional, old school AQ2 1.52 source that was available a few years ago and seems impossible to find online these days, mind you, I might even have that on these CD's!)...

/me runs off to have a dig through....

tata
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

Rob wrote: Unfortunately I dont do the 'quakenet' stuff, I have memories of that being typically a lot of teenagers with OP's permissions booting people from chats because, well....you know....same reason they boot players from AQ2 servers....
Hehe, since those kids did so 4 years ago with hardly any newcomers, you'd think they've grown up, ait? :D
A good discussion is like a miniskirt; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to pertain interest
//Splinter
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Rob seems like a nice guy eh?
Rob
is connecting

Post by Rob »

Hehe, since those kids did so 4 years ago with hardly any newcomers, you'd think they've grown up, ait? :D
You'd have thought! :shock:

I wasn't suggesting the fine people of this place, just IRC in general, my experiences have always been bad..
Rob
is connecting

Post by Rob »

Clown wrote:Rob seems like a nice guy eh?
Well thank you, I try my best to be a 'nice guy' :)
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

Last month the traffic was about 1,5 - 2,0 GB a day.
Rob
is connecting

Post by Rob »

Hi,

I'm guessing that was traffic for the entire site? Any idea what you had in the way of downloads only?
Kurupt

Post by Kurupt »

The only files we got up are the configs, so that's probably not more than 100 MB at the moment.
Rob
is connecting

Post by Rob »

Per day/week/month?
Kurupt

Post by Kurupt »

http://www.aq2world.com/?p=files&c=configs

DLs x Size

:)

The result would be the cfg traffic for 2 weeks.
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

It's hard to give you a good idea. It's only little .txt files being uploaded by, at maximum, all of our users here. I doubt there is a lot of download being used as configs really aren't that interesting.

If you were to donate your files, then we would have to expect a lot more traffic. People would only be downloading it once though, so I'm not sure how much bandwidth you would be looking at even a month later.