ATI + msn popups

Forum for anything hard- or software related.

Moderator: Moderators

Da^JuaN
was picked off

ATI + msn popups

Post by Da^JuaN »

Well, since 2 days im finally having my laptop, but when i play aq2 im having msn popups coming through my aq2 screen, which is very annoying.. the sounds of the msn pop up either.

Im having an ATI Radeon 9700 pro mobility, any1 knows how to solve this problem? O_o

The sound of the popups is a soundcard issue i suggest?
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Not really I guess, I have'em too. U can disable those popups in MSN Messenger.
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

Yea ok, but i wanna know if some1 comes online if im not playing ;)
Sulfate
sank like a rock

Post by Sulfate »

same problem, put ur status to : busy ... u can swap to msn, and u dont see the popups in the game.

put ur status to online and ur will see ur peepz online if u are not playing :P thats the way i do :)
Nobody Likes Us We Dont Care!
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

there is a setting which automaticly switches your status to busy whenever a full screen show is activated.. ppt-presentation, movie, game or whatnot.. however it switches back to online when you tab out to windows.. but back to busy when you tab back to the game. Though ppl were annoyed by me switching status all the time, since i tend to tab out every time im dead :)
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
lowang
is connecting

Post by lowang »

Using a proper client should work aswell...
Clause
joined the game

Post by Clause »

If your using the busy function on msn, it wont popup, then just switch to away after playing?

(Edit: didnt read sajhs untill after) ^^
p00
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

thx ppl, really helped ;)
PanConLonga
was flattened

Post by PanConLonga »

ati+msn popups+q2=wallhack :shock: :?
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

PanConLonga wrote:ati+msn popups+q2=wallhack :shock: :?

not with the latest catalyst :)
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Saboteur
joined the game

Post by Saboteur »

You can also turn them off totally in Control Panel. Somewhere there. I've done it everytime i formated windows. But now I'm using linux so I don't remind where to go. But somewhere in Control panel.
kebabtrollet
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

sajh wrote:PanConLonga wrote:
ati+msn popups+q2=wallhack

not with the latest catalyst
Yes, this issue is still in the 4.9 package. However, it only seems to occur when AF is turned off for some reason. It seems the popups are somehow fucking up the alpha values in the videocards backbuffer when the popups are activated, or maybe it's a design fault in their Hyper Z marcitechture.
"fifan va lätt!"
anesthes1a
plummets to its death

Post by anesthes1a »

i have the same problem.. just set your status at busy :)
#clanz - iNzane
Royal^
was in the wrong place

Post by Royal^ »

I play in window, not fullscreen, and that solves the problem, no wh :)
admin of #DuraWorks - #shoutcastftw - AQ2Suomi.com
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Re: ATI + msn popups

Post by bail »

Da^JuaN wrote:Well, since 2 days im finally having my laptop, but when i play aq2 im having msn popups coming through my aq2 screen, which is very annoying.. the sounds of the msn pop up either.

Im having an ATI Radeon 9700 pro mobility, any1 knows how to solve this problem? O_o

The sound of the popups is a soundcard issue i suggest?
huhu i have a ATi-card too, but when i play with msn on, and msn popsup i can see through walls, but no worries i never play with msn on.