Grenaaade!

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Sovnig
blew itself up

Grenaaade!

Post by Sovnig »

I noticed BIA started playing again, and as most of us know they were pretty fucking elite with the nades :D

So, I came to wonder: Why dont we have nades on boomtown?
I mean, it would even the items a bit more bringing bandolier on instead of the usual vest/laser, plus adding a fun element (yes they are), plus help me get rid of cloud-house-campers and such.

...and no, I dont think nades are too powerfull without FF! I actually think they should be on the cw-servers as well.
A good discussion is like a miniskirt; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to pertain interest
//Splinter
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

tgren 2 with ff off is just fine, imo :P a question that popped to my mind is, what about use classic? it effects the grens quite a bit, so which do you prefer, 1 or 0? 0 is more powerful, cos it was boosted up on tng, thus is not classic.
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Titchy
joined the game

Post by Titchy »

I dont like the grenades..
people are lthrowing em everywhere.. and 99% of the time its just luck that u kill someone with em.

maybe on cw perhaps, but on public is destroys most of the fun parts, a grenadekill is just pure luck...
Dum Spiro Spero
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

I consider ½ my m4-kills luck... the single which I made instead of him etc... People throwing grenades everywhere makes it negative in what way? Just rush them then, and they'll be holding a grenade in their hand instead of a weapon.
I dont get it :oh:
A good discussion is like a miniskirt; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to pertain interest
//Splinter
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

grens are fine, if its tgren 1, 2 grens is too much.
Nozaki
blew up

Post by Nozaki »

love grenades! but as Titchy says, its more for cw's then public
blood inside....
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

Well, might be Juan... I think you should have at least one nade!
Might be able to solve Titchy's prob as well, you dont just throw your nade away when you've got only 1 : )

... I still think you should have two tho : )
//Splinter
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Yea I played a cw today on BT, map was actcity2 and I wanted grens, so I took bandolier, of course for nothing - no grens. WTF?! What's the point in having bandolier as a choice anyway? Lets face it, no one uses bandolier for extra ammo and don't even think on IR vision cause there r ctf skins which r bright enough.
I think 1 would be enough, but 2 wouldn't do any harm either.
Titchy
joined the game

Post by Titchy »

whats the point if u have 1 grenade and dont wanna use it then?
well grenades on public is ok, I just choose another server ;>
and sure the grenades are made for the game so why not use em?
still hate when u get killed by a grenade, prefer a singel from act3 over the whole map with an m4 instead of getting blown by a damn f#ckin greande ! :#:

but thats my oppinion ;>
Dum Spiro Spero
impressiVe
found a way out

Post by impressiVe »

hmm grenades are even nice.. but i am too slow to throw them far away enough ^^
Ohlolol fragged again :/
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Actually, grenades with ff off are fine with me, considering I get killed more often by friendly grenades than by enemy grenades. Especially on the smaller maps, grenades should be off, I think someone said that such a thing is possible in ETE. I wouldn't mind seeing an experimental ETE server somewhere in europe, but that's a bit offtopic.
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Titchy wrote:whats the point if u have 1 grenade and dont wanna use it then?
well grenades on public is ok, I just choose another server ;>
and sure the grenades are made for the game so why not use em?
still hate when u get killed by a grenade, prefer a singel from act3 over the whole map with an m4 instead of getting blown by a damn f#ckin greande ! :#:

but thats my oppinion ;>
That's the point, we DO wanna use it/them.
And who really cares if u rather get singled than blown of by a grenade? I don't like to get head dmg from a pistol but still like to play WITH a pistol.

Anyway, just enable'em. And 1 would be enough cause there's FF off :shock:
NeoFight
found a way out

Post by NeoFight »

I really hate the nades most of the time in public my own mates kill me with these shitty things O_o

Oops my mistake. if FF is off then I think I'm gonna like em :P
Last edited by NeoFight on Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

NeoFight wrote:I really hate the nades most of the time in public my own mates kill me with these shitty things O_o
FF means Friendly Fire, and the discussion was about FF being OFF (means not ON)

Titchy: I meant you dont just throw it around for nothing, you'll wait for a good time instead of just going LIGHTS-CAMERA-ACTION-FIREINDAHOLE! :D
//Splinter
Falke
is connecting

Post by Falke »

Better add my comments to grenates :lol:

I dont understand why people dont want grenates if they say that 99% of them never hits...? What will it hurt then :bday:

A big part of the game is actually grenates. These can be used with most expertice and accuaratice if you have the skills.

I know many just use them as snow balls in hope they hurt some when the explode but some of us uses them as a weapon. A very good weapon against snipers (wont start a sniper whineeee here) or teams which do the rush all the time. Nice to see them stop up for a while counting how many dead mates they got :-)

So i defeneatly vote for grenates :rambo:

Thanks,
[BiA]FalconEye