translation please

The infamous forum of spam and anything unrelated to Action Quake2.

Moderator: Moderators

blissard
tried to put the pin back in

translation please

Post by blissard »

hey!

Can any of you finnish guys with too much spare time and goodwill translate this to english for me?

"The Kulta Beats : Civilize the brutes
Hesarin viikkoliitteessä NYT:ssä taisi olla aikanaan "älä sano näin" lista. Sanonnat "Siinä maha missä painitaan" tai "All Sprite" ovat kieltämättä vastenmielisiä ilmauksia, joita lähinnä odottaa kuulevansa autokauppiailta ja muutoinkin kolesterolin kyllästyttämiltä miehiltä. "Svengaa kuin hirvi" kuuluisi mielestäni myös tuolle listalle, heti "hyvä meisinki" toivotuksen perään. Kauhukseni huomaisin, että tuo kirottu hirvivertaus nousi kuitenkin välittömästi mieleen, kun laitoin norjalaisen The Kulta Beats yhtyeen Civilize the brutes levyn pyörimään. Retrohenkistä rokkia popstemmoilla, muistuttaa hieman kotimaista Keviniä. Kitarasooloissa revitellään kunnolla ja urut ujeltavat lähes jokaisella biisillä. Biisit aaltoilevat Stooges henkisistä garagerockmätöistä tunnelmallisiin pianoballadeihin - ja kaikkeen siltä väliltä. Livingrooms and Halls alkaa rauhallisena, pianolla säestettynä tunnelmointina, mutta kasvaa lopulta raivokkaaksi purkaukseksi. Paketti pysyy kuin pysyykin kasassa, vaikka kuulijaa meno voi toisinaan hirvittääkin. Mukavia yllätyksiäkin levy tarjoaa. Rento Loose Fit kuulostaa tutulta! Olen kuullut tämän aivan varmasti, mutta missä? Voisiko joku olla ystävällinen ja kertoa missä tätä biisiä on soitettu! Radio Helsingissäkö? Falsettia lähentelevää laulajaa ei heti unohda, kun hänet kerran kuulee. Tunnetulle feministille Julia Kristevalle on nimetty levyn villein rockrutistus. Pisteet Norjaan! Tämä bändi haluasi Suomeen keikailemaan, toivon todella että pojat pääsevät tänne. Veikkaan, että tämä retrorock uppoaisi suomalaiseen yleisöön kuin häkä. www.thekultabeats.com J - tammikuu"
hehehHEheheHheh GOGOGO Head shot !
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

that's a badass text, with finnish sayings etc :p i'll try.

Hesari(a finnish broadsheet) had a "don't say these" list in it's weekly enclosure. Phrases "siinä maha missä painitaan"(phh.. the original one is 'siinä paha missä mainitaan', meaning that just when you mention something bad you see it/him. the one used here is a wordplay of the orig. one. translation would be 'where the wrestle, there the belly'. sounds senseless and hasn't got any meaning i'd say :p) or "All sprite" are repulsive expressions that you expect from a car salesman and otherwise highly colesteroled men. "Svengaa kuin hirvi"(svengata = to party 60-70's style, see austin powers for more. 'groovy like a moose') should be put on the list at once, right after "hyvä meisinki"(one might say this after a band's gig as a positive comment, i wouldn't :D). For my bad i noticed that the cursed moosemetaphor came to my mind, when i started playing the norwegian band The Kulta Beats' Civilize the brutes album. Retroic rock with pop backgrounds reminds a bit of Kevin. Guitarsolos are heavily pwned(that's something i can't translate) and shit. Songs are from Stooges kinda spiritual garagerock to emotional pianoballads - and everything between. Livingrooms and Halls starts peacefully, accompanied by piano, and then turns into a raged discharge. The thing stays well in hand, even though the listener might be terrified. The album has some nice surprises aswell. Loose Fit sounds familiar! I've heard it, but where? Courd someone be gentle and tell me where this song's been played? In Radio Helsinki? High singing vocalist won't be forgot in a minute when you once hear him/her(the same word). The albums wildest rockburst has been named for a known feminist Julia Kristev{?}. Points go to Norway! This band would like to play in Finland, I wish the guys could get here. I'd say that this retrorock would fit like a glove into the finnish audience(phh, that metaphore sucks b<). www.thekultabeats.com J - january

everything might not make sense, but this text sucks ass, big time BD
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
grover
loses a vital chest organ

Post by grover »

Ace Ventura wrote:
Like a glove!
It rocks.

P.S. I immediatly thought of imeiz when you said 'too much spare time'.
"Anything too stupid to be said is sung". - Voltaire.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

grover wrote:P.S. I immediatly thought of imeiz when you said 'too much spare time'.
what are the odds :D
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Clavven
blew up

Post by Clavven »

Imeiz, mr helpalot
#ovanallt.aq2