q2v for linux

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

slacker
plummets to its death

q2v for linux

Post by slacker »

just compiled and released for linux recently. you can download a copy here: http://slacker.home.cosmic-cow.net/q2v_gamei386.zip

if any game admins with linux boxes could test this out, id be greatly appreciative! :) thanks.

for those that dont know, q2v stands for quake2 variant. it is a game mod designed to load other game mods. so any game admins can switch the mod dll on the fly from the server console. i think there's also a voting ability for the players to vote on the mod to play next.
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

oh man!!! Thats what I`ve been waiting for a long time. Can you also get PaTMaN`s Jmod source and compile it ;)
^stric^
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

the only reason for me to use that would be with j^mod that isn't for linux.

and would be weird to run different game mods on the same server, controlled by vote, imho :)

though, that's a good thing to have.
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
tpr
is connecting

Post by tpr »

Uncle- wrote:Can you also get PaTMaN`s Jmod source and compile it ;)
I've contacted patman something like a year ago regarding this issue and as Windows user he had no idea how to port it, so no, it's not possible if patman doesn't give the source.
teprrr @ IRCNet, QuakeNet, Freenode, Action Quake 2
PaTMaN
^J Mod

Post by PaTMaN »

The source has been out for weeks now... and its been ported to Linux since Jan 29. gg
Monk
plummets to its death

Post by Monk »

Slacker, did I end up giving you the Q2V source? Or did you get it from defunkt directly? I can't remember.