R1Q2 hud number's problem

Forum for anything hard- or software related.

Moderator: Moderators

TheHunter
is connecting

R1Q2 hud number's problem

Post by TheHunter »

im using r1q2 with r1gl and the hud numbers like health and ammo are just too big that i cant see them properly in game. They are not proportional and are not easily visible. Other hud elements like the health and ammo icons or the crosshair (not the sniper one ofc) are displayed correctly and i have tried both 1024*768 and 800*600 resolutions. Anyone knows how to fix this?
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Platoo
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

the numbers are made bigger, because aprq2's renderer scales them to the right size. so, you need smaller numbers :p
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
TheHunter
is connecting

Post by TheHunter »

sooo the paks are made compatible only for aprq2? if this is correct, doesnt seem to be the best thing since not everyone uses aprq2.. :) isnt there a way to fix this using r1q2?
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Platoo
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

resizing the pics would work i think. atleast most finns use apr, so most .fi stuff is for apr ;)

i think that you could delete all non .pcx's from your pics folders in paks etc, so you'd have all .pcx and working.
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

There should have been a gl_hudsize cmd in R1Q2. I don't know if there is. Shouldn't be to hard to make such a command. I think it's already in APR.
I like to play games, not watch them
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

apr has gl_scale, but you can only scale your pics from 1-> and they look terrible without an even number :)