Slow down mapmakers :)

Forum for Skins, Maps, Configs etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

KriBBa
was flattened

Slow down mapmakers :)

Post by KriBBa »

Okok, ofc its good that ppl making maps and so, and they are damn nice.
But the thing is, Its like 1 guy does a map then that clan plays it and get some kind of ubertaccs etc etc, u get my point?.
An other thing is, how does it really work, well i start a clan and i make a map, i get my map at angra? haha :P, does it count as an offical map to play where i want. If not, who decides that.. please comment this as u like, good/bad..

I just got to write this cuz i got it in my mind when im looking in the aq2world.com and scrolled down a lil and checked for the last form threads, 6/9 was a new map thread :p

Sorry if i maybe got offtopic :O

This is not meant as an offence to a singel person, just thought little about this.
(20:04:12) (lillemaan-) kribbaway fast vi spelar inte om du spelar
MarlPoro
melted

Post by MarlPoro »

Well IF the map is totally from ARSE, I won't play against a clan who has it as a homemap (read: mesto and such). I also think there's nothing wrong if some clan takes a totally new map as their homemap, it's the opponent's own fault if they haven't played it.

I guess you mean't our clan (cSu) cause I saw you cursing at RA's channel about this subject. Use some time to look around in the map before you play it in a cw, it's not that hard after all :P

Keep the maps coming goddamn it.
MarlPoro / Anxiety
Thanks for reading
bail
should have used a smaller gun

Post by bail »

we need more servers with the new maps in the mapcycle, then ppl learn to play them
bail{UNi}
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

KriBBa wrote:i make a map, i get my map at angra
If it sucks it wont be uploaded. yes i do the eliminate.
bail wrote:we need more servers with the new maps in the mapcycle, then ppl learn to play them
angra.se:27940 do we need more?
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

IMO it doesn't really matter if the map is new or not, it still happens every now and then that I get to play some map that I never knew even existed... actually for me personally it's better if the opposing clan has a new map since I've usually at least run around a few minutes on the new ones as opposed to the 500 old ones, of which I'm sure I've missed a couple still...
I think there might also be another reason as to why the clan where the mapper is decides to take it as their homemap, first of all, they've usually been helping with the building process, as in helping with ideas, and sometimes, also construction. Second, they've playtested it, so not only did they get their ideas in from the start, they've also played it a little... that usually means that the clan in question starts to like that map (because things that they didn't like has usually come forth during the playtesting, and been changed, at least to some extent) so I think it's pretty natural that the clan chooses the new map...

I think it's just a coincidence that there has been so many new maps lately... apparently we managed to time our releases pretty well this time around, and that's why so many maps got releleased... I highly doubt all of those will be played at the end, but as a mapped I can say that the main reason why we make maps is because it's fun, if you built lego when you were a kid you'll know what I'm talking about :)

Woha, rant status for me :P
-NRG
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

There have been a lot of maps lately. Most of them are pure quality, so it's obviously just weird timing on the releases. But I know this must be very confusing for the players. It's hard to keep up and give all maps a chance. I think it doesn't matter much if a new map gets played at once. I just think it's really awesome that the AQ2 map archives are extended, so you have a wider selection.

If there would be a period were most of the maps would be of really bad quality, then I fully agree it is a big problem. I have always been positive for the idea of having some guidlines or a judge for what is official or not. At the moment there are no obsticles for the mapmaker, you just build something and it's out there...

But if a map is good and noticed, it will be played. I think it's good. The best judge is the community and I think the recent Angra-server project is a positive step in the right direction.
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

I remember something that happened the other day. Me and Hw2k sat down at school and played at Angras New Maps server and both realized how good AQ2 looks today. It's a joy to play something that is both fun and good looking.
Repsaj
as long as it's salty..

Post by Repsaj »

WizardExt wrote:I remember something that happened the other day. Me and Hw2k sat down at school and played at Angras New Maps server and both realized how good AQ2 looks today. It's a joy to play something that is both fun and good looking.
Totally agree on this with you :)

[little off topic]
Futher more most clans that play those new maps, when they just came out usually don't have such "good" tactics on it. Me and my clan played vs csu yesterday and they seemed a little lost themselves :D
[/little off topic]
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

bail wrote:we need more servers with the new maps in the mapcycle, then ppl learn to play them
All new maps are in the rotation of DA Main now, only spring isnt yet.. but that will be changed these days.

If a map is good, I dont mind new maps.. it might be better to spread it out, its now like 9 maps in 2 weeks or so. And the makers keep developping, i see almost weekly screenshots of a new map fro beavisss. These 'old' maps in the rotation are boring.. if you keep playing them after 5 yr.. refreshments are good. But if you get 9 maps in 2 weeks, you cant really test them out that well.

Edit: spring is now in the rotation aswell.
KriBBa
was flattened

Post by KriBBa »

No marlporo i didnt mean the game vs cSu, i mean its become something that everybody is doing :p,
btw nice comments Nrgizer and wizs.

Still i wonder, when is a map offical, seems like the serveradmins must decide to use it on their servers, so when they are on public its like they count to play cw, and after a whiule they might manage to be played ex. in the eaql maplist.

Agree that all of the new maps are looking very good.
(20:04:12) (lillemaan-) kribbaway fast vi spelar inte om du spelar
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

I love the new maps and i think the more the better! Especially with the quality of them (spring, torabora, dusty etc.) you cant complain that theres too many. When you play a game as old as aq2 you need something to keep it fresh and new. Thats why i love all these new maps, they keep me interested. Keep it up mapmakers!

P.S. I think angra deserves a mention cos if u wanna play a new map angra's is usually the only place you can play it :) ty
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

My opinion is that an official map realease won't reappear again for aq2... the AQMD died long ago, and with it the "official maps". People will play what the want anyway...

The only way to reinstate the official maps would be to have the server admins, and the maparchive maintainers work together to systematically ban certain maps... but then we come to the problem, who get's to decide if a map is good or not, who decide on the guidlines by which the maps will be judged? I don't see any good answers, in one way or the other, someone will get deprived of playing a map that he/she loves, and that is never a good thing. So I say stick with the current system, if you don't like the map, don't play it, if you don't like the map that another clan wants to play in a cw, find another opponent, it's really not that hard to avoid maps you hate if you feel like it...

-NRG
Archer
is connecting

Post by Archer »

im sick of ur opinion, thats just my opinion
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

Archer wrote:im sick of ur opinion, thats just my opinion
what the fuck sort of lame shit is that to say? what the fuck did he say to you? if everyone is giving their opinions mine is you are a cunt
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

What maps do you like? I'm guessing all of them were new once...
I don't give a shit.