Next newbie problem.

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Proto
saw the light

Next newbie problem.

Post by Proto »

This time it's not about ignorescripts..
No, this time it's about nicks/names.

I was wondering if there was any possibility of making some kind of system for the servers or something, so the playing clients would have to register their nicks. Because I fucking hate playing with a bunch of fakenickers.
Making it so every IP or computer only gets to register about 4 nicks (in chase more people are using that connection/computer), and that all names can be checked.
So if you see a guy on a server, registered with the name "whore", you can do a search for "whore" on page dedicated for this, and then find his other nicks as well.. ?

I really really hate fakenickers playing on servers, playing the tuff-guy, bitching, whining, cheating, teamkilling, being rude with other players etc etc, and not even giving up their real nick.
That's just childish and irritating..

Any system even close to what I had in my imagination would be great!
Because I really hate all you fakenickers FPM whores..

- Pjoto out.
Plummet is my middle name..
Clavven
blew up

Post by Clavven »

fakenicking isn't the worst.... when someone steals your nick is far worse and irritating
#ovanallt.aq2
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

I have adsl and when I restart my modem my ip changes. So I bet i've played with more than 50 different ips at the server.. So I guess its not only me.. Thats why I think this will not be working. Only way to let only registered players play is modified client, when u start your client u need to enter login/password. Just like in other games! But who will do it for 150 active players, I doubt somebody will..
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

There was a thing like this when i played cs, called zkills.com , and it was realy good. wher you register and sign in when you play.

There is allso www.gamers.nu, where you pay to play on there cheat free servers(they have there own anticheat program, witch takes screenshots and stuff) and if you cheat you will get a fine for 500 kr. becuse you accept that when you register so if you don't play you will get the authoritys after you.
Well it would be nice to have it for aq2 to, but it's alot of work.
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
IBA
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by IBA »

its possible to register to the server atleast for nickprotection.
#quadaver || TEAMS !"§ || http://www.quadaver.de
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Get rcon :P
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

bad idea...faking is useful when u dont want to chat shit to people
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

yea, i like being able to fakenick too... or change my name to whatever suits me
like... "lh0mmesux" or "splinterLAG!!11OMG!!11" or the likes
A good discussion is like a miniskirt; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to pertain interest
//Splinter
Proto
saw the light

Post by Proto »

well okay then.. :)
lots of good replies, guess it's not happening then..

:/
Plummet is my middle name..
Disza
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by Disza »

Sounds like a good idea specially the one if you cheat you would get a fine! :hop:
Win, lose, whats the difference?
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

In Chile the CW and Ladder servers use tag protection, to avoid fakers and public games on them, of course, slow the passwords spread out. But serious clans can be sure that only their crew is playing and the same can expect the opponents.
Not sure if you can ban every player not "authed" connecting to the server, going to ask chilean admins.

C.

PS: I don't really care about fake nickers, well, I do dislike them when they don't say who they are when you ask. But trying new nicks, or challenge the server to recognize you from your game style or binds is funny.
Ne quid nimis.
cheef
blew itself up

Post by cheef »

/ban *.*
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

the nick ]UZI[BeAViS is copyrighted on damain server and noone else then me can use it without my password :D

i should do same for [NARF]BeAViS then... :D
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
Clavven
blew up

Post by Clavven »

BeAViS wrote:the nick ]UZI[BeAViS is copyrighted on damain server and noone else then me can use it without my password :D

i should do same for [NARF]BeAViS then... :D
too late...
#ovanallt.aq2
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

Mabye i'm way off here but what the hell. Mabye aq2world should have something like gamers.nu, not that you have to pay to play but have a sign up where payers agree not to cheat and if they do they will get a fine for 100 ¢ or something, and that mooney will go to the aq2world website, to mabye buy a better host where you can host more then just cfgs. You can't get fine if it is like the aka/shemale/skmz case where it's just judgment.

and mabye get all the aq2admins server and if you don't agree you wont be able to play on for q2admins server. [ http://mysteryman.z0r.nl/aq2/servers.php ]

I know this is alot of work, and it will prolly never happend but it's a idea =) .
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405