Facility - [NEW MAP]

Forum for all new beta and released maps!

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Facility - [NEW MAP]

Post by WizardExt »

This is the first Facility map, released last...hmm...weird way to do it.

The map keeps the same theme, but focuses more on the close combat action. Each corner seem dangerous. Overall very tight and small. There are escape routes for the snipers, but they are not too many. Roof doesn't offer too much protection, while the ground level is filled with obstacles.

Personally I like the mix of indoor, outdoor, near and far...yea...interesting. A very fun map to build, enjoyed every bit of it.

I hope you like the Facility maps. Have fun!

Download here!
FooQ
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by FooQ »

A great lookin map indeed, jumped around on it the other day with a few people here in the USA. General consensus was 'awesome'. Its a big map, will be well suited to DM and especially the new TeamDM. Keep up the awesome work man =D
Mutu
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Mutu »

gj Wiz :)
· Catch-Gamer.no AQ2admin
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

underplayed, excellent map
Gepardi
melted

Re: Facility - [NEW MAP]

Post by Gepardi »

WizardExt wrote:Roof doesn't offer too much protection...
Otherwise a great map but I disagree on this one. The roofs surround the map and there are some obstacles that help you to hide. Though it's good there are several routes to go up so you can't laddercamp all the ladders.
However, a good map that looks nice. I like it more than facility2.
Gepardi /pr0
#clan.pr0 @ QNet » http://koti.mbnet.fi/warjo/pr0/
Luckystar
is connecting

Post by Luckystar »

Good work WizardExt, you are defently the best map maker around i think, but ther is one thing i think you do wrong. You always make some camper place that fucks up the map, guess that why not so many plays youre map's as homemap. if the other team sucks, they use the camper places and all fun is over. i realy liked assassin4, and we played it as home map in fubar, but ppl used that smal room to camp so we needed to find another map. Youre latest map hidden3 i can say was the best map you ever made. A big map where the speed in the game can be used 100%.

keep up the good work, hope il see more nice maps of you

(i know my english sucks :lol: )
100% Lucky
Jabu
was flattened

Post by Jabu »

Again great map! Nice work Wiz :rambo:
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

Added to Map Warehouse, vote for your favorite map. http://aq2mw.wh00s.net/maps.php?id=58
HcPeura
was flattened
In-game Name: Memoria

Post by HcPeura »

huuhu! sure does look nice ;)
[e] Memoria #extacy
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

Luckystar wrote:...but ther is one thing i think you do wrong. You always make some camper place that fucks up the map, guess that why not so many plays youre map's as homemap. if the other team sucks, they use the camper places and all fun is over. i realy liked assassin4, and we played it as home map in fubar, but ppl used that smal room to camp so we needed to find another map. Youre latest map hidden3 i can say was the best map you ever made. A big map where the speed in the game can be used 100%.
I create the kind of maps I imagine I would like to play myself. That's the freedom I have as a leveldesigner. I know they have flaws (just like the popular classic maps), but most of them are intentional. I want to have that room, I want to have that roof spot. Sometimes I even know they "can" destroy small parts of the game play. I often convince myself that the map will do fine, even though it has one or two weak spots. I like to believe that the players/teams have the creativity to solve any given problem. I am a bit oppose the idea of AQ2 being so competetive that all maps need to be straight forward, even though I love those maps too.

Mesto (also Airport and Urban2 and Riot and Time and and) is one of many maps, that has really disturbing camping spots, but still turns out to be a great cw map. It's because people know the map so well. They know where spawns are located and they know how to deal with any type of scenario.

Anyway, if this or any other map fails to be a good cw map there is a good chance it will make it on the public. It might even be a blast to play in deathmatch mode.

Thanks for your honest opinion!
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

nice texts here and there, quite fast, lot of hc spots for me.
you are all dead.
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -