Akuta's Jumping movies

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Nice :) I think that you got all but one of the ones that I designed into industrial, plus two that I knew about but weren't intentional, plus one that I've never seen before :) (the one via the open door into the tunnel).

The one you missed is an edgejump from the ground up onto the ledge by the two piles of wood, and after this a doublejump off the light fixture to get up ontop of the roof by the silos (the roof with the spawn).

Very nicely done, keep em coming :)
-NRG
Akuta
joined the game
In-game Name: Akuta

Post by Akuta »

NRGizeR wrote:Nice :) I think that you got all but one of the ones that I designed into industrial, plus two that I knew about but weren't intentional, plus one that I've never seen before :) (the one via the open door into the tunnel).

The one you missed is an edgejump from the ground up onto the ledge by the two piles of wood, and after this a doublejump off the light fixture to get up ontop of the roof by the silos (the roof with the spawn).

Very nicely done, keep em coming :)
-NRG
Yep, there are more jumps on each map. But now I try to jump the jumps Ive never seen before myself..like my own invention:P If you have made the jumps yourself without seeing my videos im impressed:)
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Akuta wrote:Yep, there are more jumps on each map. But now I try to jump the jumps Ive never seen before myself..like my own invention:P If you have made the jumps yourself without seeing my videos im impressed:)
heh, I made the map you know. I probably put in more jumping hours on the map before it was even released than you have put in after the release :)

Now I'm not a good jumper by any standard, but it's crucial imo to actually design in a few good jumps to make sure that players that know the map has an advantage over others, if you want the map to be played in CWs. After you've made a few, there are usually a few more that are possible purely by accident :)

-NRG
Akuta
joined the game

Post by Akuta »

NRGizeR wrote:
Akuta wrote:Yep, there are more jumps on each map. But now I try to jump the jumps Ive never seen before myself..like my own invention:P If you have made the jumps yourself without seeing my videos im impressed:)
heh, I made the map you know. I probably put in more jumping hours on the map before it was even released than you have put in after the release :)

Now I'm not a good jumper by any standard, but it's crucial imo to actually design in a few good jumps to make sure that players that know the map has an advantage over others, if you want the map to be played in CWs. After you've made a few, there are usually a few more that are possible purely by accident :)

-NRG
Argh, thought i had seen your nickname before:) So sorry O mighty Nrgizer;)

Great map. My favorite right under cloud and above urban!:p And to be honest, i havent put any hours and hours with jumping on that map. I usually jump 30 minutes or so in each map. There are more that is not shown in the video..and I never fraps all of the jumps cause i want some to be "mine" :p Except one at urban that i havent seen anyone made before. And you'll know if you watch it. I know someone are capable of doing it but i have challenged many to do the same jump, and noone have made it when i have watched :)
SuicidaLP
bleeds to death

Post by SuicidaLP »

well, if you know another jumps...show me then! =D
i wanna see them..
:hop:
Akuta
joined the game

Time

Post by Akuta »

Added another map to the list. Isnt that exiting.. just letting you know im still alive:) ... (to the people that care, not you emu)
SuicidaLP
bleeds to death

Post by SuicidaLP »

welcome back m8