Tixit.SE AQ2 Servers

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

skmz
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Tixit.SE AQ2 Servers

Post by skmz »

I had to edit this whole post because things have changed drastically.

Heya. With lots of help from the current admins, I've got couple of servers up and running. They are currently:

IP: v3.servequake.com:27910 - Bookable cw server
IP: v3.servequake.com:27920 - Bookable cw server
IP: v3.servequake.com:27940 - Public server, maprotation (it will change quite often if you wish, depending on if people requests maps), 16slots atm

They are located in Sweden, an excellent connection, so should be no worries about pings if you compare with other servers. It should fit in well with them.

I've had several testers for the servers before I made them online for real, they're tested by people from Holland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland & Germany.. No complications so far.

Servers are connected to the anticheat server, linked with Q2admin and their global banlist. The servers are shown in z0r.nl, stats are available, and you can see it when searching for empty cw servers. Anticheat is set to optional.

Matchmode is set to 1 on the cw servers, and voting maps is enabled on them all, currently it's set to 51%, requires atleast two persons for voting.

Let me know what you think about the servers. Tell me if there are maps missing. Have fun!

I'd like to make a BIG thanks to www.Tixit.SE for hosting these servers. So they have gotten some advertising as well. Check them out! :hop:
Last edited by skmz on Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:37 am, edited 10 times in total.
PENSIONERAD cat
#AMF @ IRLNet - AMFpension.se[/b]
SuicidaLP
bleeds to death

Post by SuicidaLP »

good job =)
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

One question, if you're playing against a random clan on this server. And "v3" is going to play a cw, and let's say that all other scandanavian servers are currently busy or something like that. Will it occur that you will kick us from the server, and take the server yourself?
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok
skmz

Post by skmz »

Lotus wrote:One question, if you're playing against a random clan on this server. And "v3" is going to play a cw, and let's say that all other scandanavian servers are currently busy or something like that. Will it occur that you will kick us from the server, and take the server yourself?
I knew this would come, and I have really been thinking about that myself. I am glad that you got this in your mind.

At this stage, this is the only server I've got so far, maybe will come more servers, and then things will change. But atm..

If it's some serious clanwar they are playing (since it is a CW SERVER afterall), and no 1on1, 2on2's or something similar, I would in most cases let them finish their clanwar.
Chances are there would be exceptions. For cup, maybe? That depends totally on the situation.

I don't think we have to be very worried about this coming, since we got lots of servers atm.
PENSIONERAD cat
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

But since you are a jerk, it's a rather important fact.
Ne quid nimis.
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

Same goes for you.
^stric^
skmz

Post by skmz »

You should pick on someone that is in your age, Caracol. It is not really fair for you.
What was it, 13?

Please stay out of my thread if you don't have anything rather interesting to
say that refers to the thread.

EDIT: I am sorry Caracol, but I am trying to do something good for the Aq2 scene here, might be able to put up two more servers. Can't you see it on the bright side? :hop:
PENSIONERAD cat
Violent
was flattened

Post by Violent »

Indeed cat :) nice job <3 I HATE WHINERS :D
iN Violent - *die young*
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

skmz wrote:Please stay out of my thread if you don't have anything rather interesting to
say that refers to the thread.
Since your posts have always been a joy to read! Funny stuff! But wait, there's more.
skmz wrote:EDIT: I am sorry Caracol, but I am trying to do something good for the Aq2 scene here, might be able to put up two more servers. Can't you see it on the bright side? :hop:
Weren't you caught cheating once? What a contribution! :hop:

More servers is a good thing though, just not the north pole ones.
skmz

Post by skmz »

The evil twin of Caracol has spoken. I don't see any joy here, but whatever. If you wanna be an ass, start another thread and there you can showoff, I won't be there for sure.

This thread is about clanservers. If you don't mind, read the topic next time and please stay out of topics you do not understand.
PENSIONERAD cat
Lotus
killed itself
In-game Name: kk'lok
Mouse: diamondback

Post by Lotus »

Here's another idea. If you can't take criticism, don't post all over a Web site designed for user comments.

Now I don't want to be negative. I just have been waiting to use that.
I pleasure myself, everyday.
>kk'lok
skmz

Post by skmz »

Lotus: Of course I can take criticism, but then they should refer to the topic. There is a fun forum or whatever where they can play around if they wish.

8)
PENSIONERAD cat
Violent
was flattened

Post by Violent »

Why should cat take criticism when they whine about cheat? It's so childish. nice job :)
iN Violent - *die young*
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

Of course I wasn't talking about the topic itself when I was remarking the fact you are a jerk and the other important fact that you'll be administrating a server. It's an important issue as far as I reckon.
You should pick on someone that is in your age, Caracol. It is not really fair for you.
What was it, 13?
No, it goes the other way around. Stopping someone from abusing of minors.

And no, from me you won't get a thanks.
Ne quid nimis.
Evilcina
saw the light

Post by Evilcina »

more scandi servers...and above everything idiot administrating them