NCServer coming up

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

Haudrauf
tripped on its own grenade

NCServer coming up

Post by Haudrauf »

http://forums.aq2world.com/viewtopic.ph ... &start=105

They were having a word about NCServer letting disappear guys before they really should disappear..

I had the some problem a couple of times (or, many times..) and it annoyed me very often.

Sure, NCServer is one of the best solutions against wallhacks.

What do you guys out there think about NCServer at all?

Imho, I think NCServer should try to improve, but until then i would try to avoid NCServer driven aq2-servers.. or hope, it doesn't annoy me again.

/Hau0r
Last edited by Haudrauf on Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageOwner of http://aq2maps.quadaver.org
Not part of #aq2admins for a reason.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

ncserver is still in development, and i think Byrce (nocheat man) will finish nocheat first.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

That's right Den. Haudri, the ncserver that people use is an unofficial build so it's expected to have bugs and stuff in it.
I don't give a shit.
Kurupt
:I

Post by Kurupt »

NoCheat is never finished :x
Haudrauf

Post by Haudrauf »

am playing right now..

got killed several times cause i didn't see the opponent coming from behind the corner but spawning 1meter away from the corner, ... so he saw me longer than i did.. :)

my good ping = useless against someone who is invisible a short time..
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

It's a thousanth of a second... well it is for me. Hardly noticable unless you are looking for it.
I don't give a shit.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

now we w8 for some1 who makes a perm. invisible cheat :D
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Haudrauf

Post by Haudrauf »

i notice it 10 times a map.. or even more? it annoys me.. really.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

It's just a matter of how far we wish to go for cheat protection.
fell in love with the game
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Yeh, I would much rather play on a server that has disappearing models, on a nocheat only server, than a server where q2ace 1.17 can freely play.
I don't give a shit.
nemesis
sank like a rock

Post by nemesis »

psst...I have news for you; NCserver sucks, no-one should be rejected from playing in a server regarding from client. Apr owns. IMO. And NC ain't stopping cheating...If thats the point spoiling a server with NCserver...
· clan Survival · #clansurvival @ IRCNet/QuakeNet, /msg Neme^ · www.lahtela.com/survival · AQ2Suomi admin, AQ2World moderator and a member of AQ2Admins
hage
was flattened

Post by hage »

Noocheat can still detect a lot of cheat tho. And the thing that is used to bypass nocheat could be detected.

Further i'm in favour of people using nocheatclients, since some people still think they need to use cheats.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

nemesis wrote:psst...I have news for you; NCserver sucks, no-one should be rejected from playing in a server regarding from client. Apr owns. IMO. And NC ain't stopping cheating...If thats the point spoiling a server with NCserver...

:sleep: nc never said it would stop cheating for 100%

i think a player who cheats spoils alot more :)
Blizzeh

Post by Blizzeh »

nemesis wrote:psst...I have news for you; NCserver sucks, no-one should be rejected from playing in a server regarding from client. Apr owns. IMO. And NC ain't stopping cheating...If thats the point spoiling a server with NCserver...

pssssssssst ! psssssssssssssssst pssssssst pss sppsspspsspsspssssst !

fun ! :bday:

but ok, no cheat is way better in every aspect, it will stop cheating more than using Apr. trust me, it will, just stop being stubborn, and use nocheat for a change!
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

nemesis, get your facts right please.. NCServer won't require a player to connect with a NoCheat client..