ActionQuake 2 LAN and a tournament

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

zakath
joined the game

ActionQuake 2 LAN and a tournament

Post by zakath »

Just thought if informing you guys also, if anyone happen to be in finland during the next weekend.

Near Turku, we're arranging (afaik) the biggest aq2 lan in the world. Around 100 players will attend the event with their computers, and we're hoping that atleast another 100 will visit the event.

But

no one would be intrested in a plain LAN now would they? Well they might, but we're also arranging a tournament. Basically it's a finnish championship tournament, even though MI from overseas will play in it also. So we call is Finnish Open Championships. Over 20 clans entered the tournament, and after an online qualifier 16 clans made it to the final. All top Finnish clans will attend, so some top notch match are coming.

And of course, a tournament wouldn't be anything without prizes. We're giving out in money and prizes worth nearly 2000e , which I think, is considerably well since there has been, to my knowledge atleast, any real aq2 tournaments anywhere.

There will be other competitions as well, which everyone can participate.

But, everyone is welcome to visit and if you're intrested you can find me in IRC or just contact someone from our channel at quakenet #aq2sm , feel free to idle there during the event, shoutcasts, coverage and interviews will be posted there, and if there's enough non-finns, we'll be translating the stuff also to english :) (we also have -should- have a live camera feed from the event!)

The pages of the tournament are here : http://www.aq2suomi.com/foc/page.php?id=95 (the pages are in finnish, but everything has been translated to that summary, it just wasn't divided properly under the links).

We've been arranging this for nearly 5 months, and now that the event is nearly here, we are excited as hell - so join the channel and build the hype! We do need some foreign people there also![/b]
Founder/leader of http://riidankylvajat.org
Zonic
was flattened

Post by Zonic »

Watch out finland, we're travelling oversea to rock your world :shocker:

M.I will do a day-by-day coverage from the event along with pics.. will be fun =)
taulutussi
blew up

Post by taulutussi »

Zonic wrote:Watch out finland, we're travelling oversea to rock your world :shocker:

M.I will do a day-by-day coverage from the event along with pics.. will be fun =)
Beware, our swedish-skillz can shock you totally! :shocker:
Gotta knock a little harder...