Aq2 Community

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

iMMortal
joined the game

Aq2 Community

Post by iMMortal »

Moast of you guys on this forum have heard of the game cs, and you all know that it is more well know that aq2, and that cs clans have sponsors, and shit. Why can't aq2 be the same way? why don't aq2 clans, get sponsors.. and stuff, why don't people make more leags, like naql and eaql...
Bring Aq2 to life again... i get so mad when i see that servers are loosing players each and every f%&king week. blah, shouldt we do something?
This www.aq2world.com page is great, and we need more of them. Not nessesarly aq2 pages, but servers, sponsors, and stuff...

anyone that want the same thing?

Im sorry for my bad english. hope you can understand what i have written:p
Bring aq2 back 2 life
Server admin for the Tyldum servers:<br /><br />
Ip:<br /><br />
clan.tyldum.com<br /><br />
public.tyldum.com<br /><br />
Keep Tyldum alive!
Clause
joined the game

Post by Clause »

Im not realy sure if sponsors etc would keep this game alive, i think this page is a great step in the right direction tough (credit to the guys behind it) .. :santa:
p00
mxr
plummets to its death

Post by mxr »

I totally agree with clause, aq2 aint such game made for having sponsors, but sure, more servers would be harmless, and reunion all the really oldschoolers, and at the same time recruit new players, I've recruited one today, if you see a strangenicked n00bie wich yells "IiIiIiIiIihhh! 50 left" just get rid of him, do what you're supposed to do in this game, own his arse... :shocker:
*uuhoueeee*
grov
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by grov »

Who needs sponsors anyway? If sponsors would get involved the game probably wouldn't be as fun as it is now..SCRÖW THE UNIVÖRSE!
im a fakenicker :(
grov, rolf, penna buaäääÄ!!!
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

If you want to get sponsored you gotto go out in the world with your sponsors' logo on your back and show it to people.
CS players get sponsored because they travel over the sea to attend in tourneys. Its good commercial for their sponsors. The more succesfull the CS players are, the more attention they will recieve. At the same time, their sponsors will get published alot more. Sponsors can buy you new computer equiptment so that you can perform better and win at those tourneys.
There are big tourney events for CS because the game is very popular. Peoples oppinion about games varies. I assume Action Quake2 was left in the shadow because Quake3 came. There still isn't any Half-Life2, but when it comes (and CS2 along with it), CS will probably be left and people will move along to CS2.
If it wasnt for Quake3 and CS, perhaps at least Q2CTF would be somewhat popular. Still the netcode for Quake2 is lacking compared to todays new netcodes. And not to mention the graphics. :)

Im happy for CS. I hope future computer gaming gets a big kick in the ass and blossoms like it has done in Korea. One day perhaps it will be possible to earn a living by playing computer games, just like you can by playing sports. I'm gonna be happy the day computer gaming reaches the Olympics. :)
Last edited by Blue Vex on Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.
emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

i'll sponsor a clan with 10 liters of cola each player if they write a contract making them stay up for ever and having clantag <3 emu NICK . np i am here to contribute!
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
kaaos
blew itself up

Post by kaaos »

aq2 is not a "progaming" game, and I hope it stays that way.
THEIR WHITE FLAGS ARE NO MATCH FOR OUR MACHINEGUNS
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

I'd rather see this site get sponsored, instead of individual clans.
That is if they deserve it. We'll see what thier future plans are anyway.

There are more than enough game servers out there, so that's not a problem. There are also a few competitions and leagues out there, but not every clan signs up to them.

I think the more concerning problem is that attitude of the players.

What's with new clans every month? If you don't really want to be in a clan, then remain clanless. If you are ready to try and win something with a clan, then join them. Don't make a new clan if you don't plan on playing regular games. Use your brain - don't join a clan if you don't like the people. Common sense really.

What's with the two-server mentality? If the pings are fair on ONE server, then what's the problem with playing both maps there? What, really, is the point in playing a map on your server - 'you' all have 20 ping, 'we' all have 80, and then playing the second map on another server - where everyone has 50 ping.

What's with the complaining about the tactics? If they want to camp, who cares? At the end of the day, each game should be 40 minutes. More or less camping won't change that. So what if they want to use m4 and rush your skulls out?

Until PEOPLE change, I doubt I will be geting back into AQ2 full-time. It just isn't worth it. The access to the AQ2 community is fine. We have servers, we have leagues and cups, we now have this website (good work guys). Players just need to buck up their ideas.
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Word, Clown! :hail:
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

well we are looking for sponsors or donators! :D

This website is eating alot of bandwidth, so if every1 could give us 1 euro we would keep this website up for like forever!

check the paypal donate button on the main page of the website!
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Jubei
is connecting

Post by Jubei »

Its not only losing players mate, i reinstalled q2 and aq2 a few days ago for a laugh as i havent played it since q3 came out.

Now i am gonna keep on playing, so thats 1 more player at least :)
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

EXCELLENT. Although I like the fact that you announce that in this particular thread since it is borderline ON topic, I strongly suggest you do not dig up too many of the older threads in your zealousness of re-appreciating aq2. n99 out.
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
DeCoder
is connecting

Post by DeCoder »

AQ2 scene is simply too small. Small scene attracts little attention. Little attention attracts little sponsors, if any.

What we need is more recruits. But many have been the times a newbie is being voted out of the server because he can't shoot and move at the same time.
Keeping up delayed appearances.
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

kaaos wrote:aq2 is not a "progaming" game, and I hope it stays that way.
word
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Royal^
was in the wrong place

Post by Royal^ »

kaaos wrote:aq2 is not a "progaming" game, and I hope it stays that way.
Couldn't agree more.
admin of #DuraWorks - #shoutcastftw - AQ2Suomi.com