Grenaaade!

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

emu
Syndrome of a Down

Post by emu »

:dork: <- see what it says when you hold over it kuwu 8(
Call me your valentine call me once tonight
Titchy
joined the game

Post by Titchy »

I dont see anyone calling someone a moron? do you? except for you den n99.. or?

well nrg, Im just telling what I think, I dont except that you will think the same, but after all nades have more lucky kills then other weapons, I think at least..

and I hope you are reading that I wrote earlier that Im fine with nades on cws etc..

or? :(
Dum Spiro Spero
Titchy
joined the game

Post by Titchy »

and n99, if you dont have anything to say about the topic you better just stfu instead of doing the small parts of unnecessary comments..

bet none like em.. but who knows, might give you a kick..
Dum Spiro Spero
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

Ahem... Titchy: ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!
emu wrote:<snip> its not the same as m4 whoever sayd that.

moron.

yeah I saw what you wrote, I just protest because it's a weird topic overall... Just trying to point out that this would be the same thing as asking if one should remove the shotgun or the knives from aq2. There are always pros and cons and some people will always hate the particular weapon just as there will be people loving those same weapons.
My personal opinion about the grenades is and probably will continue to be that they add to the game. (I have played and enjoyed aq2 with grenades for the past 5 years, why fix it if it isn't broken :) )
Titchy
joined the game

Post by Titchy »

nrgizer...

its not mine topic you know :P
and ofc u can let all know what you think..
but all weapons in aq isnt hmm kinda equal, depends on map etc, but the nades are coming with an item, its not like you can choose only nades if you see what I mean, like knifes, m4 etc..

so if I understand right, you wanna have 2? nades everywhere and ff on or off?

really hope for off ;P
Dum Spiro Spero
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

Titchy wrote:I dont see anyone calling someone a moron? do you? except for you den n99.. or?
Or emu. Learn to read. Thank you NRG.
Titchy wrote:and n99, if you dont have anything to say about the topic you better just stfu instead of doing the small parts of unnecessary comments..

bet none like em.. but who knows, might give you a kick..
Actually I did say something about the topic earlier. Learn to read. (Number 2). The only reason I even responded twice in the topic you've suredly ruined was that I don't like people being nasty without due cause. There you have it.

Edit: Edit: Edit: Forget it. (Moron)
Gore Vidal: "To succeed is not enough. Others must fail."
Titchy
joined the game

Post by Titchy »

ok I missed the 1st post u had.. feel really sorry for that..
so I started to be picky on nrgizer before he started on me?

think not..
as long as it belongs 2 the topic its fine..

get away nades 8)
Dum Spiro Spero
alekchi
tripped on its own grenade

Post by alekchi »

kuwu avatar is ugleh :\

grens are annoying to get killed by, but fun to kill with. :P
I'm sitting down here but hey, you can't see me.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

@Titchy
i think that if you use nade(s) like just throwing them away hoping to hit something, they're not that important. they can be used as a decent weapon, like some clans/ppl do :P those bia dudes sound like they really use nades the way they should be used :P
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Titchy
joined the game

Post by Titchy »

imeiz: hmm yea its just annoying 2 get killed by :P but sure BiA is one of few clans/players that uses em in a hmm proper way? ;p

took a look before on all posts, and I have to confess that I didnt read half of em before I answered :P

I blame the lazyness =/

:hop:
Dum Spiro Spero
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

Titchy wrote:imeiz: hmm yea its just annoying 2 get killed by :P

I blame the lazyness =/
well then go and return the favour ;D
playing aq2 is the only real excuse for everything, so you better play more ^^
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Titchy
joined the game

Post by Titchy »

imeiz: if I could I would.. but soon enough I will be back 2 greande all back to the stoneage..
Dum Spiro Spero
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

tgren 2 is too much. I enabled this on TnX once, and it was waaay too much. Even with use_classic 0. Two players literally bombed the shit out of any place. If three players use Bandolier, that means you've got 6 grenades coming your way!

tgren 1 with use_classic 1 is very playable actually. Problem is, everyone who play AQ2 arent used to facing grenades. Grenades has never been part of the AQ2 playstyle. Because of this, people will bitch and moan.

CW's have unwritten rules. One of them beeing "you choose your own settings in your own map". I would never want to enable grenades in my own map, because I dont like facing them. In my map I want to rush and get as many round win as possible. If the enemy has the option to get grenades they will most likely avoid rushing, and stay safe untill they've thrown their grenade.

Bottom line, please get grenades enabled in AQ2. They are a part of AQ2 that never gets used, just like shelloff, bholelimit and splatlimit. But dont use tgren 2, its too much!
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

BV: What are those other things you mentioned as a part of the game?
A good discussion is like a miniskirt; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to pertain interest
//Splinter
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Put shelloff 0, and you will see the brass ejecting from your gun when you shoot it.
Put bholelimit 5, and you will see bullet holes in the walls when you hit them.
Put splatlimit 8, and blood will leave marks on the walls if it hits them.

If these commands are used without caution, people will overflow. If I remember correctly, even a small value could fuck up the gameplay. :(
Personaly I would like too see splats on the walls and brass. Bullet holes are insignificant to exploit.

Seriously, brass is AWESOME!!! :)
Steinar "Blue Vex" Furuli
I snipe with my Pistol, and your Rifle.