FRKQ2-buster

Pimpin new players? Started a new clan? Do you dislike a player or a clan? Post it all here.

Moderator: Moderators

Stumby
is connecting

Post by Stumby »

Anyone tried this: rcon frkq2_wallhack 1; screenshot ?
be the ball
Diivil
joined the game

Post by Diivil »

Stumby wrote:Anyone tried this: rcon frkq2_wallhack 1; screenshot ?
Would of course be rcon sv stuffcmd all "frkq2_wallhack 1; screenshot", but seems a very good idea.
C
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

You would still need to get the screenshot.
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

would there be a need to get it? i mean, if one does say that text then he's clean. if he didn't print out the frk command you stuffed, you'd know it's frk
Last edited by imeiz on Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

imeiz wrote:would there be a need to get it? i mean, if one doesn't say that text then he's clean. if he didn't print out the frk command you stuffed, you'd know it's frk
Exactly reverse. If a player would not use frkq2 he would just say "frkq2_wallhack 1" since it's not a valid command. However with frkq2, the palyer would never emit anything, since it's a command. This seems to be quite cunning imo, and an effective way of testing people.
fell in love with the game
Dirty_Lobster
joined the game

Post by Dirty_Lobster »

Diivil wrote:I just hope no one gets called a cheater by just this alone.. I have seen people speaking on the server though they still haven't even connected according to the scoreboard (and the message). Lagging, among other things, might have an effect on the message delay etc. Just so you all know :]
Heh, little n00pi B>
It's always possible to "speak" so that ppl, already on the server can see, when loading a map during connect to the server..

For example, when u don't have tha map that's played, and things start to get messy.. like downloading stuff :)
Then, just type for example "say hello my name is diivil and i don't have the fucking map, plz change?"

:)) always been like that :)
aka e min bitch ;)
Diivil
joined the game

Post by Diivil »

Also if the dude has some kind of fail safe on the command itself and his client does say it, his wh would still be set on and the screenshot would capture it? (if he is using frkq2 :])

And anyway.. Not sending the picture = cheater IMHO. All other clients than orginal q2.exe support over 99 screenshots? If you remember / take picture when people are joining the server, you can see if they have some other than non-standard client (atleast with nc and stuff). So the "my screenshot folder got full" exuse would be ruled out there. Though apr quake doesn't say anything when joining the server..? Is there a way to make someone to say their client and version somehow?

Edit:
Dirty_Lobster wrote: It's always possible to "speak" so that ppl, already on the server can see, when loading a map during connect to the server..

For example, when u don't have tha map that's played, and things start to get messy.. like downloading stuff :)
Then, just type for example "say hello my name is diivil and i don't have the fucking map, plz change?"

:)) always been like that :)
I didn't know how it worked but I was just trying to say that juding someone cheating because a message may or may not come half a second later is overreacting :]
C
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

Jazzie wrote:Exactly reverse. If a player would not use frkq2 he would just say "frkq2_wallhack 1" since it's not a valid command. However with frkq2, the palyer would never emit anything, since it's a command. This seems to be quite cunning imo, and an effective way of testing people.
now that i read my post again, i notice a double "if not" :D thanks for correcting me, i wouldn't have noticed it :)
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
n99
"Sticks and Stones..."

Post by n99 »

So basically the entire screenshot is unneeded. Maybe it was meant as:
"rcon sv stuffcmd all frkq2_wallhack 1; screenshot"
Anyway, aliases can probably be made to 'say' frkq2_wallhack 1" when you enter turn the cheat on. Advantage is, this means the cheaters will have to turn on their cheats locally, so turning cheats on/off during games is history. Maybe I'm misunderstanding all of it, dunno.
Maniac-
joined the game

Post by Maniac- »

Or maybe try "rcon sv stuffcmd all say !frkq2_wallhack" so only who got frkq2 says 1 or 0, depents if its enabled or disabled.
cheef
blew itself up

Post by cheef »

finally there is a solution!
Diivil
joined the game

Post by Diivil »

Someone could test that though :] So it's 100% sure it works fine.
C
gegoj
tried to put the pin back in

Post by gegoj »

Maniac- wrote:Or maybe try "rcon sv stuffcmd all say !frkq2_wallhack" so only who got frkq2 says 1 or 0, depents if its enabled or disabled.
...and only tose who say 1 are penalized, right?
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

gegoj wrote:
Maniac- wrote:Or maybe try "rcon sv stuffcmd all say !frkq2_wallhack" so only who got frkq2 says 1 or 0, depents if its enabled or disabled.
...and only tose who say 1 are penalized, right?
Errrr. You got it all wrong.
Those who say anything at all are those who do not have the command in their quake-executable. In other words, those who say something are NOT using frankq2.
fell in love with the game
MadWolf
was flattened

Post by MadWolf »

Isn't it so that those who are using, aprq2, nc, q2ace... says frkq2_wallhack because the client doens'n have that command. And those who use frkq2 says either 1 or 0?
MadWolf