APRQ2 1.18 Trigger command

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

Cnnlngs
plummets to its death

APRQ2 1.18 Trigger command

Post by Cnnlngs »

hello.
i wrote this in my autoexec (just to try it out):
trigger "screenshot" "ACTION!"
but nothing happened O_o

am i wrong? or the command doenst seems to work at all (like "event" in nocheat, when the sshot was taken before the text appeared on the screen)

thanks for your time
Maniac-
joined the game

Post by Maniac- »

Triggers doesnt work with centerprints yet.
Cnnlngs
plummets to its death

Post by Cnnlngs »

oh so how does it work?
Maniac-
joined the game

Post by Maniac- »

Just like you did, but 'ACTION!' is centerprint msg (msg that shows up at center of the screen), so at this point trigger only works with normal server text except chat.
Autorecord example:
trigger "record $date$_$time$_$mapname" "The round will begin in*"
trigger "stop" "Match is over, waiting for next map*"
Cnnlngs
plummets to its death

Post by Cnnlngs »

thanks a lot :santa:
Cnnlngs
plummets to its death

Post by Cnnlngs »

mh finally i wrote this:
trigger "screenshot" "* saw the sniper bullet go through its scope thanks to :@"

& the result was this:

is there a way, so teh sshot wouldn't be taken a few frames before the event happen? (so all the blood & gibs could be seen)
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

do trigger "wait X;screenshot" "* saw the sniper bullet go through its scope thanks to :@"

X = how many frames to wait. try out for a good period of time for the screenshot :)
Sync' imeiz - AQ2Suomi & AQ2World forum moderator, part-time TATM-writer
Stric
needs some Pepto Bismol

Post by Stric »

Simple, RTFM
^stric^
Janner
found a way out

Post by Janner »

maybe a dumb question, what is :@ ? Just like it says or does it mean something like %L
maGro
blew itself up

Post by maGro »

hu, this is rally nice. So i can embed a trigger for a demo to make a screnshot at a special frame. Reaaally nice.
Director of #E-Reality :: Sprayer of #koksnutten
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

Janner wrote:maybe a dumb question, what is :@ ? Just like it says or does it mean something like %L
i have no knowlege of this whatsoever but in the context it is used i would say that :@ is the player who fired the shot.....possibly %me ?
if it wasnt like %me then anyone who hit someone in the head would trigger you to take a screenshot...right or wrong?
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

fuct wrote:
Janner wrote:maybe a dumb question, what is :@ ? Just like it says or does it mean something like %L
i have no knowlege of this whatsoever but in the context it is used i would say that :@ is the player who fired the shot.....possibly %me ?
if it wasnt like %me then anyone who hit someone in the head would trigger you to take a screenshot...right or wrong?
well, i don't think :@ has anything to do with those % variables, but is just the players nick in the case.
Haudrauf
tripped on its own grenade

Post by Haudrauf »

Cheaty skins there. Or does "male/nut" look like this?
ImageOwner of http://aq2maps.quadaver.org
Not part of #aq2admins for a reason.
NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

imeiz wrote:X = how many frames to wait. try out for a good period of time for the screenshot :)
Problem with this would then be that you can't really rely on the number of frames to get a good headshot screenshot with all the blood/gore/gibs and stuff... if you don't use vsync that is because if you have 200 fps at one place in a map, you might very well have only 100 in another, which means that it will wait only half the time at 200fps than what it does at 100fps before the screenshot is taken... still pretty useful though :)
imeiz
is legless

Post by imeiz »

NRGizeR wrote:if you don't use vsync that is because if you have 200 fps at one place in a map, you might very well have only 100 in another, which means that it will wait only half the time at 200fps than what it does at 100fps before the screenshot is taken... still pretty useful though :)
solution: cl_maxfps 60 :)
anyway, it's still better than alias waits "wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait" ;D