Slow down mapmakers :)

Forum for Skins, Maps, Configs etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

Clown wrote:What maps do you like? I'm guessing all of them were new once...
never true!!!! i trust that teamjungle & co are always existed. amen.
:D
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Old maps ftw.
V34
tried to put the pin back in

Post by V34 »

New Power maps FTW
But old maps still have a big part of my heart.
KriBBa
was flattened

Post by KriBBa »

fuct wrote:When you play a game as old as aq2 you need something to keep it fresh and new.
Well, now i played aq2 MANY years and i havnt got sick of cliff2, its still my fav map and always has been, have had others during the time i play but its always been cliff2 :D,

And to Clown: cliff2, cloud etc ish oldschoolmaps, and i like that type of maps, still i like some new maps..
(20:04:12) (lillemaan-) kribbaway fast vi spelar inte om du spelar
Archer
is connecting

Post by Archer »

fuct read my thread with the map ive released here for u guys.

thats why im sic of his opinion.

so much angst arround here.
mbd1
is connecting

Post by mbd1 »

It's fun with new maps, of course. But not that fun when it feels like clans are making maps especially for their own clan, to have an edge over other clans. So fun to meet a good clan you usually have problems with at 'normal' maps, and they want to play their map, a map noone have any idea how to play, a map who only been out for like 2 days at one pub server.

And if I(bengan) or someone from my clan should build a map, i bet noone would even care to download it, and even less play it.

But hey, were not the clan that must have a mustwin map to play aq, we dont take it that serious, we play aq for the fun of it, and to loose a map just because you never even played it, its not that fun.
pauhi
melted

Post by pauhi »

mbd1 wrote:it feels like clans are making maps especially for their own clan, to have an edge over other clans. So fun to meet a good clan you usually have problems with at 'normal' maps, and they want to play their map, a map noone have any idea how to play, a map who only been out for like 2 days at one pub server.
I guess you are referring to us (^cSu), but seriously.. We had no idea it would become our homemap when I was making it. It just ended up that way.
›› pauhi ››
Spill the blood of the fucking lamb
mbd1
is connecting

Post by mbd1 »

pauhi wrote:
mbd1 wrote:it feels like clans are making maps especially for their own clan, to have an edge over other clans. So fun to meet a good clan you usually have problems with at 'normal' maps, and they want to play their map, a map noone have any idea how to play, a map who only been out for like 2 days at one pub server.
I guess you are referring to us (^cSu), but seriously.. We had no idea it would become our homemap when I was making it. It just ended up that way.
Not only csu.
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

mbd1 wrote:It's fun with new maps, of course. But not that fun when it feels like clans are making maps especially for their own clan, to have an edge over other clans. So fun to meet a good clan you usually have problems with at 'normal' maps, and they want to play their map, a map noone have any idea how to play, a map who only been out for like 2 days at one pub server.

And if I(bengan) or someone from my clan should build a map, i bet noone would even care to download it, and even less play it.

But hey, were not the clan that must have a mustwin map to play aq, we dont take it that serious, we play aq for the fun of it, and to loose a map just because you never even played it, its not that fun.
So true.
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

I think you are talking a <RA> am i right?
well well i don't think they are playing it to just win, its a realy fun cw map (torabora). I don't think Beaviss though like this "MOHAHAH i'm going to make a map that only my clan knows and we are going to win like 1000000 cw's on it!" we (illusion) played vs SR/RA like 1-2 days after torabora was released, and it was a realy tight game. I had played it for 5 min on public before the game. And you need to think that they haven't played it so much, and there tactics aren't so good and known by the players....so it's quite even imo.

I know that my clan illusion plays "Spring" in some cws, and i asked why... "-For fun" we all want fun.
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

mbd1 wrote:It's fun with new maps, of course. But not that fun when it feels like clans are making maps especially for their own clan, to have an edge over other clans. So fun to meet a good clan you usually have problems with at 'normal' maps, and they want to play their map, a map noone have any idea how to play, a map who only been out for like 2 days at one pub server.
What do u think about maps like mesto, airport and some more. Were they made special for clans? I dont think so, but ppl play these gay maps and win alot. Now tell me why u blame a clan who takes new map instead of mesto?

I was making torabora for people, not for cws. But this map became good cw map. When I've done it, I wasn't even expecting it. And now we play this map, cause its really fun.

And btw why cant u download new maps and play them as much as clan who plays it? Maybe u just dont want, eh? Map releases for everyone at the same day :)

and 1 more, I was really surprised when we played torabora vs 5-6 clans. Always only 1 of their team had a map, rest of team had to download it. That means ppl dont download new maps...
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

I don't download maps befor I "have" to. Simply cause I haven't found a single on that can compete with the olders. Some of them are good, more or less. A top notch, state of art, masterpiece like Tokyo, Cliff2 or Cloud will never be made(prove me wrong), but keep trying.. ^^
aka
tripped on its own grenade

Post by aka »

the best maps made after c2, tokyo etc.are'nt even played anymore. Talking about changes and dose...they were forgotten in 2 months and so will these maps.
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

aka ftw <3
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

Devirus wrote:I don't download maps befor I "have" to. Simply cause I haven't found a single on that can compete with the olders.
Many times ppl wrote an answer at such words, and you keep saying it.

Tell me please how do u know that new map is not as good as old one, if u never downloaded it and never tryed?
Or you come kind of wonderboy who can judge map by screens. lolol :)