Slow down mapmakers :)

Forum for Skins, Maps, Configs etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Mappers

mbd1
is connecting

Post by mbd1 »

angra wrote:I think you are talking a <RA> am i right?
well well i don't think they are playing it to just win, its a realy fun cw map (torabora). I don't think Beaviss though like this "MOHAHAH i'm going to make a map that only my clan knows and we are going to win like 1000000 cw's on it!" we (illusion) played vs SR/RA like 1-2 days after torabora was released, and it was a realy tight game. I had played it for 5 min on public before the game. And you need to think that they haven't played it so much, and there tactics aren't so good and known by the players....so it's quite even imo.

I know that my clan illusion plays "Spring" in some cws, and i asked why... "-For fun" we all want fun.
Were talking about them too yes, never played that map but imo that doesnt matter, when the map is new, the map-maker and his clan know it best, therefor they have an edge over all other clans. And that you and your clan managed to play that map with sucess its just maybe because your clan has more individual skills than RA, and il think everyone would agree on that one.
mbd1
is connecting

Post by mbd1 »

Beavisss wrote:
mbd1 wrote:It's fun with new maps, of course. But not that fun when it feels like clans are making maps especially for their own clan, to have an edge over other clans. So fun to meet a good clan you usually have problems with at 'normal' maps, and they want to play their map, a map noone have any idea how to play, a map who only been out for like 2 days at one pub server.
What do u think about maps like mesto, airport and some more. Were they made special for clans? I dont think so, but ppl play these gay maps and win alot. Now tell me why u blame a clan who takes new map instead of mesto?

I was making torabora for people, not for cws. But this map became good cw map. When I've done it, I wasn't even expecting it. And now we play this map, cause its really fun.

And btw why cant u download new maps and play them as much as clan who plays it? Maybe u just dont want, eh? Map releases for everyone at the same day :)

and 1 more, I was really surprised when we played torabora vs 5-6 clans. Always only 1 of their team had a map, rest of team had to download it. That means ppl dont download new maps...
Diffrence between these maps and the maps im talking about is that they have been out public for a few years, few clans like em, but everyone knows how to play them. Sure you did torabora for everyone, but i havent seen any other clan except RA playing it, tells you something, doesent it?

And yes, i download all new maps, i try them out at angra just because i dont want to be completly lost when some lame clan want to play it.

Haha and when you say that people dont download new maps, doesent that prove my point? That you know the map, when others dont.
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

aka wrote:the best maps made after c2, tokyo etc.are'nt even played anymore. Talking about changes and dose...they were forgotten in 2 months and so will these maps.
You're wrong. Dose is in the map rotation at catch. But I guess you wouldn't know anything about that since you're banned.

And you mean change, not changes right?
I like to play games, not watch them
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

We played wfall lately in RA.. then we merged with sr and they played torabora and since I liked the map on public (angra).. i'd give it a chance in a cw and then i even more liked it. At first i even thought the map sucked, but after later releases it became pretty cool and improved alot.
So it has nothing to do with designing a map just for our clan, thats totally bs
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

Diffrence between these maps and the maps im talking about is that they have been out public for a few years..
So I have to wait for a few years to start playing torabora as my homemap? I bet when this time will come, aq2 will be dead for sure.
, few clans like em, but everyone knows how to play them. Sure you did torabora for everyone, but i havent seen any other clan except RA playing it, tells you something, doesent it?
Are you sure u know how to play mesto or ferron good enough? I would spec you at mesto vs some mesto clan and at ferron vs lost' guys.
Haha and when you say that people dont download new maps, doesent that prove my point? That you know the map, when others dont.
that prooves only 1 thing. That people doesnt cares about downloading new maps. And thats not my problem. To be honest, I am happy that I could force about 20 people to download this map, cause they didnt even know about it. (Almost every cw ppl say that its a nice map after 20 mins were finished.)

And 1 more. Stop telling this crap. Just download a map, play it and be happy!
mbd1
is connecting

Post by mbd1 »

So I have to wait for a few years to start playing torabora as my homemap? I bet when this time will come, aq2 will be dead for sure.

Are you sure u know how to play mesto or ferron good enough? I would spec you at mesto vs some mesto clan and at ferron vs lost' guys.
No? I mean you shouldnt compare your crappy maps to maps that have been out for years, thats all.
that prooves only 1 thing. That people doesnt cares about downloading new maps. And thats not my problem. To be honest, I am happy that I could force about 20 people to download this map, cause they didnt even know about it. (Almost every cw ppl say that its a nice map after 20 mins were finished.)
Well, just because your in a clan with the EAQL admin etc, and have done some serious asskissing over the years, and have climbed in the AQ-hiarki(who is a joke btw) dont even try to talk about how much you care about how people care or not, you know that people WILL care, just because they have to.
And 1 more. Stop telling this crap. Just download a map, play it and be happy!
We ARE downloading and playing those maps, if you read my last post i clearly say that I am downloading em, just because i know that we have no chanse of getting a cw if we whine about it..
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

Flunx wrote:
aka wrote:the best maps made after c2, tokyo etc.are'nt even played anymore. Talking about changes and dose...they were forgotten in 2 months and so will these maps.

You're wrong. Dose is in the map rotation at catch. But I guess you wouldn't know anything about that since you're banned.

And you mean change, not changes right?

And change is on pelikutka
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

unfortunately he is right. change and dose might be in the rotation but are they ever played? I dont think so. He is right about the best maps being made after c2 also. Winter ftw!
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Beavisss wrote: Tell me please how do u know that new map is not as good as old one, if u never downloaded it and never tryed?
Or you come kind of wonderboy who can judge map by screens. lolol :)
I know the maps sucks when I see the name of the mapmaker. And ye, I'm pretty good at judging by screenshots aswell. I see right away if it suits me or not. :o
stan0x
killed itself
In-game Name: stan0x
Operating System: Windows 7, linux
Processor model/speed: i7 2600K
Memory: 16GB DRR3
Hard drive: 1 x 240GB SSD 5 x 2 TB
Graphics card: GTX470
Monitor: LG
Mouse: MX
Keyboard: Steelseries G7

Post by stan0x »

make more map's :]

it's ok !

:bday: :bday:
#clan.fubar #narf #heks #aq2world
Da^JuaN
was picked off

Post by Da^JuaN »

mbd1 wrote: Well, just because your in a clan with the EAQL admin etc, and have done some serious asskissing over the years, and have climbed in the AQ-hiarki(who is a joke btw) dont even try to talk about how much you care about how people care or not, you know that people WILL care, just because they have to.
I really miss what being headadmin of some leagues has to do with the way of picking homemaps. Be happy that there are people around who do something for the community (admins, mapmakers etc.) and without these people you wont play in any league.
angra
feels some chest pain

Post by angra »

well fuct when it's on pelikutka ppl play it. sooooo........
}i{ angra - #clan.illusion
Total minutes of aq2
2005: 20 716
2006: 10 405
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

i play on publics about 4 hours a day sometimes on pelitutka and i have NEVER played wither of the maps..dont even think i have them
mbd1
is connecting

Post by mbd1 »

Da^JuaN wrote:
mbd1 wrote: Well, just because your in a clan with the EAQL admin etc, and have done some serious asskissing over the years, and have climbed in the AQ-hiarki(who is a joke btw) dont even try to talk about how much you care about how people care or not, you know that people WILL care, just because they have to.
I really miss what being headadmin of some leagues has to do with the way of picking homemaps. Be happy that there are people around who do something for the community (admins, mapmakers etc.) and without these people you wont play in any league.
Sorry i was bit drunk when i wrote that, but mainly my point was that of course his maps will be out in public when hes involved with the admins etc.
Beavisss
loses a vital chest organ

Post by Beavisss »

ok, I wont spend more time at mbd1. You are a jerk and looks like you dont know what u r talking about. so piss off

Devirus your crappy messages made me laf :)